• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

and am I correct that the Ewoks are gone from SW Launch Bay too?? They were super fun to interact with in 2016!!

thanks!

Sure but that space will not hold everyone interested in getting into GE each day,
Let's speculate logistics for a moment:
Lets say that Muppetvision 3D will remain open, access to that attraction can only be done by walking through Grand Av. so they will need to leave a space for people to enter and exit Muppet Courtyard.
Will they have CM stationed at the beginning of Commissary Lane and/or Echo Lake area sending people through different lines? what about if you want to eat at ABC Commissary or Backlot Express? I do not envy the logistic team for this land.
I feel that land will hit capacity as soon as it opens every morning and people in line might be given a ticket with a return time for later in the day like they did with WWOHP, most people coming after 10 am will probably be told the land will not be available to them that day, which in turn will create problems for the next days when people will know to show up hours before park opening, and again, how will Disney react to people getting in line through the night. We camped over night for an autograph from one SW celeb we (SW fan) will not hesitate to camp for access to an entire SW themed land, especially if done properly and meets expectations

We will see some very different operational things with this land than we have seen before. There will likely be a set number of people allowed inside. I also think the amount of paid events to guarantee access to the land will be exponential. I also think Disneyland will have it worse than DHS because they one get it first and two it’s Disneyland the second most visited park in the world.

This is going to be much bigger and different than Star Wars weekends. I really think they know they have operational issues going into this. How exactly it’s done we will have to wait and see.

I don't have a mental map of the property, but how about a separate entrance, similar to the Epcot World Showcase? They could also perhaps open GE at earlier hours, but only from said second entrance. This way, at the very least, it doesn't conflict with the main entrance and other congestion on that side. And assuming GE reaches fire fire Marshall capacity prior to general park opening (if they do open an hour or two earlier, with an in-park barrier where GE meets the rest of the park), then they would know how deep the line can be before informing guests that capacity will be reached.

I don't have a mental map of the property, but how about a separate entrance, similar to the Epcot World Showcase? They could also perhaps open GE at earlier hours, but only from said second entrance. This way, at the very least, it doesn't conflict with the main entrance and other congestion on that side. And assuming GE reaches fire fire Marshall capacity prior to general park opening (if they do open an hour or two earlier, with an in-park barrier where GE meets the rest of the park), then they would know how deep the line can be before informing guests that capacity will be reached.
No specific entrance. It will have two entrances from within the park. Disneyland will have three.

In Disneyland, I think there will be a path from Critter Country into GE which will be rather long. I can see line for one of the attraction routed there but if it's long enough it can interfere with splash mountain

Probably not. That's my eligibility date, but I haven't made a final drop dead decision yet.
I'm leaning that way. It'll have been over a couple of decades.
well good luck to you, whatever you decide to do. I've always told people our experience with retirement is like every night is Friday night and every day is Saturday. We wonder now how we ever had time to have a job, we are always busy doing something. It was great meeting you and chatting, and I hope the next chapter is everything you want it to be!

Probably not. That's my eligibility date, but I haven't made a final drop dead decision yet.
I'm leaning that way. It'll have been over a couple of decades.
Oh wow, congratulations on your long service, it sounds like you've really helped a lot of people experience the magic of Disney. If you decide to stay past that eligibility date I really hope I get a chance to say hello in September/October.

Oh wow, congratulations on your long service, it sounds like you've really helped a lot of people experience the magic of Disney. If you decide to stay past that eligibility date I really hope I get a chance to say hello in September/October.
That is my selfish hope too! @FastPasser you seem to be such an asset to Disney - I hope they know that!
Thanks guys. As we all know there are many, many excellent CMs and because of that Disney can recognize them only in bulk form, so in that context Disney does know it.

I posted about an experiment that took place a few weeks ago where chairs were added as experiment at one party. It went well and while nothing official has been announced, I'm sensing from what's being said that it will happen, seating will be added. If it does happen, I'm wondering if the FEA model will be followed where tables are preassigned. And of course I would expect that something will be added to the party in order to justify a $5 to $10 price increase. Also, the party size will have to be reduced significantly due to space constraints.

I posted about an experiment that took place a few weeks ago where chairs were added as experiment at one party. It went well and while nothing official has been announced, I'm sensing from what's being said that it will happen, seating will be added. If it does happen, I'm wondering if the FEA model will be followed where tables are preassigned. And of course I would expect that something will be added to the party in order to justify a $5 to $10 price increase. Also, the party size will have to be reduced significantly due to space constraints.
Oooh very interesting. In this scenario would the viewing location change? Or would seating just be added to the existing viewing location?

I would pay the slight increase in price for seating and less people, happily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter