**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Chairs at the dessert party would sooo much better. I mean well who is comfortable standing by a table eating with tired sore legs and feet:rotfl:?
It would be super nice if they would add some bleachers in front of the fireworks/projection show.

I would definitely welcome chairs at the dessert portion of the party. It just seems so awkward to have to stand around and eat, especially when you're tired from walking 14,000 miles a day. I didn't tell DH that part about SWGS party because then I think he'd veto it. :rolleyes1

I would be super on board for chairs at the party portion.
Chairs at the dessert party would sooo much better. It would be super nice if they would add some bleachers in front of the fireworks/projection show.
I would definitely welcome chairs at the dessert portion of the party.
And you're all ok with a $5 or $10 increase?

It would be super nice if they would add some bleachers in front of the fireworks/projection show.
I can see why you'd like that because the total time from when the party opens until the show ends is 2 hours. That's a long time to be on your feet, unless you're a CM that is.

I can see why you'd like that because the total time from when the party opens until the show ends is 2 hours. That's a long time to be on your feet, unless you're a CM that is.

Yes, because I book the dessert party not for the food, but for comfort, and avoiding crowds is part of that. Like @Ariel Wanna-be said, chairs means less people at the party because they physically couldn't fit the same number of people and chairs for everyone.

Has anyone else who purchased the Galactic Tasting add on received e-gift cards today? I'm trying to figure out why I received them. I don't know if it's a gift from someone or because of the event this weekend.

I agree with what others have said. If chairs mean a less crowded and more leisurely experience, I don't mind the increase. Though $10 is about all I'd be comfortable with.

If this is introduced, when do we expect this to happen? I know the opening of reservations is irregular, but could this potential change be why we haven't seen dates open for September and beyond?

I agree with what others have said. If chairs mean a less crowded and more leisurely experience, I don't mind the increase. Though $10 is about all I'd be comfortable with.

If this is introduced, when do we expect this to happen? I know the opening of reservations is irregular, but could this potential change be why we haven't seen dates open for September and beyond?
Booking for the party is opening only a couple of months in advance, it's always been that way.

Chairs at the party would be heavenly. The night we went when the show got canceled for storms I think we had a table by a bench across from the meet and greets (but I might be mistaken because I had my walker that has a seat in it so I could have been the only one sitting but I don’t think that was the case since I was at a low table and I don’t remember my daughter having to stand but it was awhile ago). Anyway being able to sit would make it worth the extra money. I will probably have my walker again but after being in the park a long day it is so hard to stand. Plus with my bad back it is really really hard to stand.

I would be surprised if the increase in price is JUST $5 to $10. I'm thinking upwards of $20.
That's a lot just for chairs if that's all they add. That would put it in the $100 range and I don't think they want to be in that ball park. $89 would probably fly, $99 or higher, not so much. Plus attendance at the current party is not where they would like it to be so I think they have to take that into consideration.

IIRC, the last increase was $10 when they added beer wine and included moving Guests out to the viewing area in time for Movie Magic. But like you, I'm just guessing about the amount.

Just for reference, the Illuminations dessert party went up $30 when it became the FEA dessert party, but they added seating, beer & wine, expanded food selection and the FEA ride.

I would also welcome chairs at the SW Dessert Party. The Frozen party set up is my favorite, but even having chairs only in the SW party area would be a welcome addition to this event. I just hope the increase in price is minimal, though.

@FastPasser., I've been trying to process the news of your possible retirement, but my brain just wants to pull a Scarlet O'Hara and push the thought aside to think about later - - preferably much, much later. Certainly, you deserve to enjoy some much-earned time for yourself and your interests, and I hope that you can and do. Selfishly, however, I'm saddened by the thought of not running into you again at one of these events. Meeting you this past January was such a lovely treat, and I'm especially thankful now, upon hearing that you may soon retire, that my family and I had that experience. Hopefully, even if you decide to retire, you will continue to be a regular presence on these boards. Your kindness and sense of humor shine through your posts and always manage to brighten my day.

Interesting. I wish there as an obvious reason as to why. It seems like they could open at 180 days with ADRs and the like.
I wish I knew. At the beginning it would only open like a month in advance, that was fun for planning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter