**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Might want to bring along a picnic lunch for standing in that line... LOL
some Rey insta bread and blue milk :D
Seriously though I am so interested in knowing how Disney will approach the issue of people getting in line outside the park. Obviously we were able to sleep over for SWW but will they allow it for GE? I imagine lines going all the way around the Epcot resorts and Crescent Lake. DHS is no where near large enough to contain a line outside of the land itself like AK did with Pandora...

some Rey insta bread and blue milk :D
Seriously though I am so interested in knowing how Disney will approach the issue of people getting in line outside the park. Obviously we were able to sleep over for SWW but will they allow it for GE? I imagine lines going all the way around the Epcot resorts and Crescent Lake. DHS is no where near large enough to contain a line outside of the land itself like AK did with Pandora...
Grand Avenue was built as a place to sort of hold lines to get into the land.

Grand Avenue was built as a place to sort of hold lines to get into the land.
Sure but that space will not hold everyone interested in getting into GE each day,
Let's speculate logistics for a moment:
Lets say that Muppetvision 3D will remain open, access to that attraction can only be done by walking through Grand Av. so they will need to leave a space for people to enter and exit Muppet Courtyard.
Will they have CM stationed at the beginning of Commissary Lane and/or Echo Lake area sending people through different lines? what about if you want to eat at ABC Commissary or Backlot Express? I do not envy the logistic team for this land.
I feel that land will hit capacity as soon as it opens every morning and people in line might be given a ticket with a return time for later in the day like they did with WWOHP, most people coming after 10 am will probably be told the land will not be available to them that day, which in turn will create problems for the next days when people will know to show up hours before park opening, and again, how will Disney react to people getting in line through the night. We camped over night for an autograph from one SW celeb we (SW fan) will not hesitate to camp for access to an entire SW themed land, especially if done properly and meets expectations

Not to change the subject from the SW:GE discussion (which is pretty darned exciting!), I'm wondering if there is any more info about JBJB scheduling, program changes, etc. Will be there after Thanksgiving this fall, and I'm assuming that SWAGS will not be happening, unless by some miracle they decide to do the alternating schedule earlier than last year (one can hope...:D).

Not to change the subject from the SW:GE discussion (which is pretty darned exciting!), I'm wondering if there is any more info about JBJB scheduling, program changes, etc. Will be there after Thanksgiving this fall, and I'm assuming that SWAGS will not be happening, unless by some miracle they decide to do the alternating schedule earlier than last year (one can hope...:D).
If they follow the last 2 years SWaGS won't come back until mid Dec. but I don't think there's any word on any of that yet

Sure but that space will not hold everyone interested in getting into GE each day,
Let's speculate logistics for a moment:
Lets say that Muppetvision 3D will remain open, access to that attraction can only be done by walking through Grand Av. so they will need to leave a space for people to enter and exit Muppet Courtyard.
Will they have CM stationed at the beginning of Commissary Lane and/or Echo Lake area sending people through different lines? what about if you want to eat at ABC Commissary or Backlot Express? I do not envy the logistic team for this land.
I feel that land will hit capacity as soon as it opens every morning and people in line might be given a ticket with a return time for later in the day like they did with WWOHP, most people coming after 10 am will probably be told the land will not be available to them that day, which in turn will create problems for the next days when people will know to show up hours before park opening, and again, how will Disney react to people getting in line through the night. We camped over night for an autograph from one SW celeb we (SW fan) will not hesitate to camp for access to an entire SW themed land, especially if done properly and meets expectations
We will see some very different operational things with this land than we have seen before. There will likely be a set number of people allowed inside. I also think the amount of paid events to guarantee access to the land will be exponential. I also think Disneyland will have it worse than DHS because they one get it first and two it’s Disneyland the second most visited park in the world.

I am curious as well. If they move it we might be able to go. I am guessing they would not cancel or move it though. Too much involved.
No way will they move or cancel.
Besides, it's not that much rain.
Current projections by NOAA for Orlando is 3" of rain over a 5 day period
Which isn't all that much really.

Hi Everyone, I apologize if this is a silly question but I think this is the best thread to ask. :blush:

I've been seeing advertisements for the Star Wars Bay Character Experiences for Disney Visa Cardholders. Does this mean character experiences won't be available in Launch Bay for non-cardholders? We are going in November and would be just devastated if we couldn't get meet and greets with the Star Wars characters! :(

We will see some very different operational things with this land than we have seen before. There will likely be a set number of people allowed inside. I also think the amount of paid events to guarantee access to the land will be exponential. I also think Disneyland will have it worse than DHS because they one get it first and two it’s Disneyland the second most visited park in the world.
I agree that we will see paid events that include GE being offered. I don't think the casual visitor will have a chance to enter the land with out some real serious planning.
Having DL open first is better for us here, hoping west coasters go there instead of here, I'm hoping that, operation-wise, they learn from DL experiences, not too confident on that end since every year with SWW they always made the same mistakes weekend one and then figured it out weekend 2 and beyond and that happened every year...I would find myself saying "don't they remember what happened last year and the year before?" that's why I called people coming to weekend 1 of SWW the guinea pig group

Hi Everyone, I apologize if this is a silly question but I think this is the best thread to ask. :blush:

I've been seeing advertisements for the Star Wars Bay Character Experiences for Disney Visa Cardholders. Does this mean character experiences won't be available in Launch Bay for non-cardholders? We are going in November and would be just devastated if we couldn't get meet and greets with the Star Wars characters! :(
There are 3 characters at Launch Bay that you can meet without the card, Chewbacca, Kylo Ren and BB8, with the card you get a separate meet with Kylo Ren (usually no wait times on that one)

I agree that we will see paid events that include GE being offered. I don't think the casual visitor will have a chance to enter the land with out some real serious planning.
Having DL open first is better for us here, hoping west coasters go there instead of here, I'm hoping that, operation-wise, they learn from DL experiences, not too confident on that end since every year with SWW they always made the same mistakes weekend one and then figured it out weekend 2 and beyond and that happened every year...I would find myself saying "don't they remember what happened last year and the year before?" that's why I called people coming to weekend 1 of SWW the guinea pig group
This is going to be much bigger and different than Star Wars weekends. I really think they know they have operational issues going into this. How exactly it’s done we will have to wait and see.

so. what exactly is GE going to be? I've watched the video, done a little bit of googling, but...is it the new hotel? a new land with new rides? both? something different all together?

so. what exactly is GE going to be? I've watched the video, done a little bit of googling, but...is it the new hotel? a new land with new rides? both? something different all together?
New land with new rides. Think Pandora or Toy Story Land
There is eventually going to be a new Hotel too. Which, as I understand it, is going to be nothing like anything Disney has done thus far

New land with new rides. Think Pandora or Toy Story Land
There is eventually going to be a new Hotel too. Which, as I understand it, is going to be nothing like anything Disney has done thus far
Yep hotel will be right next door basically.

Yep hotel will be right next door basically.
I am going to admit I haven't kept up that much. Is there a date for the hotel? I am assuming it's not opening with the land, since as far as I have followed, ground isn't even broken on it yet, right?

I am going to admit I haven't kept up that much. Is there a date for the hotel? I am assuming it's not opening with the land, since as far as I have followed, ground isn't even broken on it yet, right?
No date but land is moving. No foundations or anything yet though. I’d expect by the 50th it will be open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter