**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Fastpasser, congratulations on being eligible to retire. I can’t wait until I get to that point in my career when I could retire at any point when I have had enough. Anyway we will be at the June 26 Star Wars Party and the July’s 4 Frozen Party so hopefully we will see you again to say hi. We saw you at the Star Wars Party that had the show cancelled due to torrential rainstorm on my daughter’s birthday 10/1/16 and it is our first trip back to Disney since then. We haven’t ever seen this show.

I think we should start a petition. Fastpasser needs to stay until at least the opening of Galaxy's Edge
I'll sign! I might not be a regular WDW visitor, but being able to meet him and thank him in person for all of his incredible help would be amazing. I think @Twilight Sparkle said everything so perfectly. I came to the Dis for some much needed help navigating WDW trip planning for the first time, and @FastPasser. has unquestionably been one of the most helpful voices.

I've been trying to process the news of your possible retirement, but my brain just wants to pull a Scarlet O'Hara and push the thought aside to think about later - - preferably much, much later. Certainly, you deserve to enjoy some much-earned time for yourself and your interests, and I hope that you can and do. Selfishly, however, I'm saddened by the thought of not running into you again at one of these events. Meeting you this past January was such a lovely treat, and I'm especially thankful now, upon hearing that you may soon retire, that my family and I had that experience. Hopefully, even if you decide to retire, you will continue to be a regular presence on these boards. Your kindness and sense of humor shine through your posts and always manage to brighten my day.
Clearly I'm way :offtopic: but WOW, and meeting people like Twilight Sparkle is something I will miss when I hang it up. Although it may appear by my post count that I haven't had that long of a presence on the DIS, I actually have. I've been around the DIS since 2010 but under a different name. I met hundreds of Dissers under that name and have met dozens of wonderful people as Fastpasser. And even when I sprinkle a little pixie dust oh them, I always get more out of it than they do. Besides, I get the usual CM discount.

I think we should start a petition. Fastpasser needs to stay until at least the opening of Galaxy's Edge
It does sadden me that I won't be around for the opening. I'll be living in another state by then and will be a visitor. I'll be one of you.
Perhaps with chairs it might cut down on all the unsupervised short munchkins making the space a race track to zoom around whilst yielding their lightsabers. That would be worth $10 to me. (Now get off my lawn! :duck:)
I'll pay $20 for that. I should have lost several eyes by now while walking through or mingling and harassing guests.

Anyway we will be at the June 26 Star Wars Party and the July’s 4 Frozen Party so hopefully we will see you again to say hi. We saw you at the Star Wars Party that had the show cancelled due to torrential rainstorm on my daughter’s birthday 10/1/16 and it is our first trip back to Disney since then. We haven’t ever seen this show.
I think that's the last time it was cancelled. Both dates are my work days so you may have to bear with me again, maybe even twice, so sorry.

I think that's the last time it was cancelled. Both dates are my work days so you may have to bear with me again, maybe even twice, so sorry.

We would love that! We always try to get front row Fantasmic and for many trips talked to the same lady selling light ups. Of course she never remembered us but loved that we always remembered her. We took such a long time off that she probably won’t be there this trip but it was sure fun seeing her each time. We really enjoy chatting with cast members.

Has anyone else who purchased the Galactic Tasting add on received e-gift cards today? I'm trying to figure out why I received them. I don't know if it's a gift from someone or because of the event this weekend.

Yes! I was just asking every family member if they sent it as it is also my birthday weekend!

Yes! I was just asking every family member if they sent it as it is also my birthday weekend!

Whew! Happy birthday! Maybe we'll see each other there.

Wonder why they sent them? I'm not upset they did but it was so odd. Not many people know we're going and most don't know my email address so I was super confused.

Has anyone else who purchased the Galactic Tasting add on received e-gift cards today? I'm trying to figure out why I received them. I don't know if it's a gift from someone or because of the event this weekend.

Wait wait, I got two of those in my spam folder, hadn't gone back to check if they were legit, I am very very confused (yes I bought the add-on.) Huh.

I'm loving the mystery surrounding these certificates. All of you going to galactic night, have fun and report back

Anyone else going to Galactic Nights this weekend worried about the rain?
for the offerings exclusive to GN maybe the droid builders will move inside the Disney Jr building. Maybe some of the unique meet and greets inside Launch Bay and Walt Disney Presents.
The photo backdrops should still be open but maybe without photopass CM if it's raining
The outdoor shows (which you can enjoy during a regular DHS day) will probably get delayed or cancelled due to rain. Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular should go off unless the rain is extremely heavy or there is lightning

From the hourly forecast I looked at earlier this morning, it's predicting only 0.91in of rain all day. If that holds true it may be just a constant slight drizzle all day. The heaviest hours were between 5-8pm where it showed about 0.33in. But I do think that lighting will be an issue.

This storm system is now predicted to move further west so the rain might be too bad after all.

Are either of you, who received the gift cards, AP holders? That's the only possible reason I have come up with.

Fastpasser, I will be at the June 3 Star Wars party, how would I recognize you if you are working there that night? You have been extremely helpful and I would love to say thanks in person.

i am sure this has been asked before. How early can I enter the park?

Will there still be a Fantasmic show?

Anu freebies offered with the event ?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter