"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Watched the fireworks tonight from the California grill at the Contemporar. Wow! So amazing! Best part of my trip so far. I have some video but am having a hard time getting it to upload. Will try later. Hope everyone had fun who was there tonight!

I am curious how the crowd tonite compares with crowd from Friday night

I went to both. Tonight was more crowded. I had a very different touring style (Friday was solo, tonight was with wife and kids). But treat lines were more crowded. The same Rides done at approx same times were more crowded.

That said... I didn’t think tonight was bad or too crowded at all. But I thought Friday was empty for a mnsshp in October.

Great night! I noticed a bit more crowds than the 10/2 party I attended. But they didn’t affect me much.

Let us know what tine you meet them! We are going this Thursday. That’s number one on our list have fun tonight!
Hi! I met them before 6. Around 545. It was much faster than when I met them at the gazeebo. And the new room is lovely. I’ll update with photos when I’m back in the room.

I’m seeing wait times of 40 minutes for 7dmt and space. Are these about accurate for party nights?
I waited for HM. Sign said 35, I waited about 15. SM said 35, I waited about 25. We ran to SM again after the last parade and waited not even 10 mins.

My favorite part of the night was Carlotta. So entertaining! We saw the 1015 fireworks, 1045 HP show (really really great up close spot!) and the 1115 parade. We somehow got a castle curb spot despite being so far up for the HP show.

We also got a TON of candy.

Also as a disclaimer, YMMV. I’m 24 years old and traveling tonight with my 25 year old friend. Small small group without kiddos. It definitely affects how we view crowds.

Also sorry to double post, but they had out a slightly different style HP mug tonight. Different from the sold out cauldron one. I picked up 2, I can post pics if anyone likes

Oooh I'd like to see! Can't believe how short the Jack and Sally queue was for you, makes me want to try it!

I went to both. Tonight was more crowded. I had a very different touring style (Friday was solo, tonight was with wife and kids). But treat lines were more crowded. The same Rides done at approx same times were more crowded.

That said... I didn’t think tonight was bad or too crowded at all. But I thought Friday was empty for a mnsshp in October.

Thank you for posting...looks like maybe the higher pricing for Friday night parties may account for the lower crowds.

It makes you wonder if more than one room is in use for Jack n Sally???
I believe you've cracked the code Sherlock! I'm willing to wait but the 3+ hour reports have been putting me off. Our party isn't until the 25th so I'm going to keep an eye on what people are reporting.

Is there a section for those who have a wheelchair like other parades? How fast do those fill up. While I know the first parade is very busy on main street due to all the young kids (which this time we are apart of that group this time) but want to make sure the newer person who is in a wheelchair has a good view too.

Oooh I'd like to see! Can't believe how short the Jack and Sally queue was for you, makes me want to try it!
CD62A49E-5213-48AA-BFD0-A0257FEFCC03.jpeg
It’s cute! It was 16.99, and there were about 6 or 7 on the shelf when I saw them.

It’s so much more pleasant waiting for Jack and Sally indoors. It wasn’t bad at all!

It makes you wonder if more than one room is in use for Jack n Sally???
Oh, definitely! They take you into a cool room first, and then you go into a room. 2, for sure. Also, they take less breaks because they are indoors and much cooler.

Trip report! Friday 10/12 Mom and dad were Moana and Maui. Kiddos were Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps

Entered right around 3:50. Attempted to get Sorceror Card and Popcorn Bucket but we’re denied despite bracelets. No worries. Hit the bypass which impressed my group.

Barnstormer FP, HM FP and SM FP which was amazing because our 3.5 year old was tall enough to ride! He loved it.

Got in line for Elvis stitch at 6:05 and were about 20 people back. We left at 6:45. Muenster burger was orderable on the app so we ate that. Around 7:30 we rode Buzz with a posted wait of 5 minutes and it was right around that long. Half the group rode Tomorrowland Speedway while I took the youngest to meet Lotso and Sully and Mike at the Dance party. Poor kid is used to hugging the characters so the dance parties always confuse him.

After the speedway I was going to ride Space with my brother but the wait jumped to 45 minutes so we bailed. We hit the teacups with the kids (6 and 3.5) with a posted 5 minute wait and spun the thing so hard we couldn’t get out of the teacup. My kids fell out

At this point it was 8:45 so we went to line up for the parade and everywhere was packed ☹️ There were giant holes that people were saving so the only place we could find was at a walkway that would close as the parade was coming up. Definitely the worst part of the night as, of course as it got closer to showtime late comers would stand in the walkway blocking us. The CM would tell them to move back and they would but come right back. In the end we tossed the kids in front of us and they got a good view. I guess lining up 45 minutes prior isn’t enough these days.

After we hit up Moana which was a 20 minute wait. She was hilarious. As we’re all the other Moana’s and Maui’s waiting to meet her. It was funny to compare costumes.

At this point we were near firework time so we walked up the the walkways in front of the baby center. Good stuff.

Next up we did Pirates. At this point everyone was getting tired but we kept moving. Pirates was a posted 5 minute wait. In the Q there was a pirate harassing people so we threw the kids at him to see what would happen and they pretty much just ran away. The pirate on the bridge in the ride was exhausted and was just asking if there were any pirates on board and not responding to anyone’s answers ‍♀️

I bailed on the popcorn Oogie Boogie bucket and got two light up Mickey treat or treat buckets for the kids instead because it’s cool

Finally got the Orange Bird card

Everyone wanted to leave but I had one more mission. We waited at the corner right outside the candy shop and saw the headless
Horseman again. Wide open spaces. If your kids can stay up that last just skip the first parade. Completely better experience. A few minutes later you could hear the Zootopia music down Main Street so we peeked and sure enough Nick was closer to the castle and Judy was closer to us gathering kids for a parade. Since our kiddos were dressed up like them we sent them to go join the parade and instead Judy Hopps grabbed them both and they helped her lead the parade instead. My brother decided to
Follow and instragram video it which was good because once Judy Hopps let go my youngest attacked Nick Wilde with huggs

Great party! There’s definitely an advantage if you can stay up late.

Trip report! Friday 10/12 Mom and dad were Moana and Maui. Kiddos were Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps

Entered right around 3:50. Attempted to get Sorceror Card and Popcorn Bucket but we’re denied despite bracelets. No worries. Hit the bypass which impressed my group.

Barnstormer FP, HM FP and SM FP which was amazing because our 3.5 year old was tall enough to ride! He loved it.

Got in line for Elvis stitch at 6:05 and were about 20 people back. We left at 6:45. Muenster burger was orderable on the app so we ate that. Around 7:30 we rode Buzz with a posted wait of 5 minutes and it was right around that long. Half the group rode Tomorrowland Speedway while I took the youngest to meet Lotso and Sully and Mike at the Dance party. Poor kid is used to hugging the characters so the dance parties always confuse him.

After the speedway I was going to ride Space with my brother but the wait jumped to 45 minutes so we bailed. We hit the teacups with the kids (6 and 3.5) with a posted 5 minute wait and spun the thing so hard we couldn’t get out of the teacup. My kids fell out

At this point it was 8:45 so we went to line up for the parade and everywhere was packed ☹️ There were giant holes that people were saving so the only place we could find was at a walkway that would close as the parade was coming up. Definitely the worst part of the night as, of course as it got closer to showtime late comers would stand in the walkway blocking us. The CM would tell them to move back and they would but come right back. In the end we tossed the kids in front of us and they got a good view. I guess lining up 45 minutes prior isn’t enough these days.

After we hit up Moana which was a 20 minute wait. She was hilarious. As we’re all the other Moana’s and Maui’s waiting to meet her. It was funny to compare costumes.

At this point we were near firework time so we walked up the the walkways in front of the baby center. Good stuff.

Next up we did Pirates. At this point everyone was getting tired but we kept moving. Pirates was a posted 5 minute wait. In the Q there was a pirate harassing people so we threw the kids at him to see what would happen and they pretty much just ran away. The pirate on the bridge in the ride was exhausted and was just asking if there were any pirates on board and not responding to anyone’s answers ‍♀️

I bailed on the popcorn Oogie Boogie bucket and got two light up Mickey treat or treat buckets for the kids instead because it’s cool

Finally got the Orange Bird card

Everyone wanted to leave but I had one more mission. We waited at the corner right outside the candy shop and saw the headless
Horseman again. Wide open spaces. If your kids can stay up that last just skip the first parade. Completely better experience. A few minutes later you could hear the Zootopia music down Main Street so we peeked and sure enough Nick was closer to the castle and Judy was closer to us gathering kids for a parade. Since our kiddos were dressed up like them we sent them to go join the parade and instead Judy Hopps grabbed them both and they helped her lead the parade instead. My brother decided to
Follow and instragram video it which was good because once Judy Hopps let go my youngest attacked Nick Wilde with huggs

Great party! There’s definitely an advantage if you can stay up late.

Sounds like some great memories were made!

View attachment 358534
It’s cute! It was 16.99, and there were about 6 or 7 on the shelf when I saw them.

It’s so much more pleasant waiting for Jack and Sally indoors. It wasn’t bad at all!

Oh, definitely! They take you into a cool room first, and then you go into a room. 2, for sure. Also, they take less breaks because they are indoors and much cooler.
I actually like this mug better - I would have gotten one of these

View attachment 358534

I actually really like that mug! I would totally buy one if they still have them when we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter