"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Just my perspective on MNSSHP....

Although I'm a big Halloween time fan and what could be better than Halloween at Disney? Nothing! I know the more demand the more they can charge, but when it was $35/pp back in the day and it's essentially the same (Parade, Music, Candy, Rides) and much more merchandise to spend money on...I just can't swallow the over $100/pp Disney charges now.

If you only go once to MK or once every 5-10yrs...then I guess it makes sense.

Now, they do have a lot more Halloween/Fall Themed items outside the MNSSHP which is really nice...I'd like to see more MNSSHP merch to buy in the parks outside the event time20181013_162346 (Medium).jpg 20181013_162407 (Medium).jpg

Love this Tshirt from 2012...wish they'd bring it back!!! Was purchased outside a MNSSHP event...which was great!

After reading all the negative experiences about overcrowded parties, I was worried about this year, but we had a great experience at the 10/9 and 10/11 parties. We did two parties only because my wife and I do cosplay as a hobby and it’s the only chance we as adults can wear our Disney costumes to the park. Our priorities for the parties are photos, characters, and the parade and fireworks, along with trick or treating in between.

We were already in the park each day and changed into our costumes about 3:00 pm. Here’s what we were able to get done between 4:00 pm and midnight those days:

10/9
Tinker Bell
Jack/Sally
Rapunzel/Tiana
Cinderella/Elena
Pooh characters minus Eeyore (he was having trouble with his “clown makeup” that day)
Queen of Hearts and Tweedles
Alice/Mad Hatter
Goofy
7 Dwarfs meet
Belle/Gaston
First parade, fireworks, and 12:00 am Hocus Pocus show

10/11
Tinker Bell
Minnie/Daisy
Goofy/Donald
Tiana/Rapunzel
Cinderella/Elena
Ride the carousel and took photos since my wife was dressed as Mary Poppins
Pooh characters (all 4 this time)
Queen of Hearts/Tweedles
Alice/Hatter
Moana
Elvis Stitch
Lotso
Second parade/fireworks/midnight Hocus Pocus show

Both nights we also took a ton of photos and did trick or treating after 9:00 when the lines were nonexistent. The bag of candy we ended up with filled up my entire carry on.

We had a fantastic time both nights. We came in with a good plan and did more than we expected!

We are doing the party tonight. But we were in MK on Friday night. We had 5:30 Cinderella’s castle dinner reservation. They gave us bands that said dining reservations. When we walked out it was past 7 and no one said anything to us. One CM actually said “the park is yours!”. We had to show them our bands before they said “have a good night!” Upon leaving the park we were actually able to get headless horseman pics!

Attachments

• 040F363D-FD65-44D6-9F46-A5F57DA37C52.jpeg
    040F363D-FD65-44D6-9F46-A5F57DA37C52.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 46
Is there a projection element to Hallowishes? I cant remember from last year.. we're going tonight and want to see the parade, fireworks and the stage show at some point during the evening. If we can see the fireworks from somewhere other than the hub without missing much, that would be great.

Is there a projection element to Hallowishes? I cant remember from last year.. we're going tonight and want to see the parade, fireworks and the stage show at some point during the evening. If we can see the fireworks from somewhere other than the hub without missing much, that would be great.

Not really. It's mostly just lighting changes and a few ghostly projections here and there (like the ghost you can see in the pic below). It has no impact on the quality of the viewing experience of the show, in my opinion.

I do still like watching in the Hub for the full framing of the show and 180 degree views at the end, but it's not absolutely required in my opinion. Other parts of the park provide for good viewing too.

IMG_5685.JPG

Hi...is this from the party this past Monday? I missed the headless horseman before the 11:15 parade and wasn't sure if we arrived too late or if they didn't do it cuz the street was wet.

The Headless Horseman Straw Clip $5.99 You’ll find him galloping around at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort.
Locations: Sleepy Hollow, Storybook Treats, Aloha Isle and at Casey's. You should also be able to mobile order it from Casey's.
Doggone....I forgot about needing this straw clip!

Thanks! I hope there are still pumpkin straws at AK on 20th oct! :(
I was able to get this straw clip....it was at Epcot at the counter service in the America Pavilion!

Let us know what tine you meet them! We are going this Thursday. That’s number one on our list have fun tonight!
We checked at 4:30 and a CM told us the wait was 2.5 hours! We decided to pass! We will check back later. We’re currently in line for Moana who only had a 45 minute wait at 6:09

I’m seeing wait times of 40 minutes for 7dmt and space. Are these about accurate for party nights?

I’m seeing wait times of 40 minutes for 7dmt and space. Are these about accurate for party nights?

From my perspective that's roughly normal for this time of night, more or less. Space has had higher wait times this year given the special party overlay (which is kind of a dud for most people but people still want to see it). 7DMT kind of always has 30-50 minutes posted, dipping late in the event. Hard to be precise since things can vary on any given night though.

The good thing about the parties is that with no FPs, the standby lines move at a reasonable clip....so it 'feels' better than a normal park day standby line (to me at least).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter