October 2018 Car Rental

Check your Alamo reservations - I'm getting the error message that Coupon AD2365FDN "cannot be validated".
When I put in my name and confirmation number - it directs me to make a new reservation - yikes!

Thanks, I thought I was the only one. I’ve used this coupon many times, but seems Alamo May have discontinued it now. I can’t pull my reservation up because of the coupon, nor can I use it to make a new reservation. I guess I’m going to have to call or email Alamo to have them cancel my reservation. It won’t even open to do checkin. So anyone who used AD2365FDN need to see if they can open their reservation.

Anybody know if there's still no standard aisle at MCO? We booked full size last year but I remember hearing there was no standard at Orlando International and that you are bumped up to full size? Confirming since if that's the case, we may as well book standard this year.

Anybody know if there's still no standard aisle at MCO? We booked full size last year but I remember hearing there was no standard at Orlando International and that you are bumped up to full size? Confirming since if that's the case, we may as well book standard this year.

As of December of last year I can confirm then there was no standard aisle. Hopefully someone can confirm that has been there recently.

I'm getting a nasty that $30 coupon AD2365FDN has a problem with my dates. This just started, I've been using it a long time, and have a ressie already for October using that code. My best alternative is $25 AD2823JAZ or AD3868JST.

I'm getting a nasty that $30 coupon AD2365FDN has a problem with my dates. This just started, I've been using it a long time, and have a ressie already for October using that code. My best alternative is $25 AD2823JAZ or AD3868JST.

Yep it started yesterday. I’m guessing it expired July 31. You can’t even open your existing reservations if you have it attached. I’ll be emailing them to ask them to cancel my reservation since I can’t do it myself now. I’ve used that coupon many times myself. I’m going in September, and another trip is late October.

My Dollar ressie dropped another $4 this morning so it's cancel/re-book again for the 4th or 5th time, I've lost count. Started out at $345 for a midsize, now it's $315. Still hoping for less than $300 at the very least.

Bill From PA

Yep it started yesterday. I’m guessing it expired July 31. You can’t even open your existing reservations if you have it attached. I’ll be emailing them to ask them to cancel my reservation since I can’t do it myself now. I’ve used that coupon many times myself. I’m going in September, and another trip is late October.

Is this the Costco code or is it a code that people have gotten from other sites?

When I use AD3868JST it comes up as "$25 off specialty" but it's working on regular cars also. Do you know where this one is from? I don't want to use one that won't stick - but it brought my rate down quite a bit since the other code isn't working anymore. Thanks!

According to the link from the AOPA website (my husband is a member) the coupon is still good: https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/deals/deals-details/affinity/AD2365FDN-aopa.html

But when I called them they can't even pull up the reservation or make a new reservation using that coupon. They said I can still go to the counter when we get there and they will honor the price but I'm not sure I want to deal with that hassle.

According to the link from the AOPA website (my husband is a member) the coupon is still good: https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/deals/deals-details/affinity/AD2365FDN-aopa.html

But when I called them they can't even pull up the reservation or make a new reservation using that coupon. They said I can still go to the counter when we get there and they will honor the price but I'm not sure I want to deal with that hassle.

Yea, I don’t want to waste my time going to the counter. I just want them to cancel it. It really hurts them because so many folks won’t or can’t cancel which shows cars are reserved, yet people aren’t picking them up. Ugh.

I got a call back from Alamo yesterday afternoon. Super nice gentleman said he was quality control and had listened to my conversation. He said according to their records the coupon expired August 1st. I sent him the link and he admitted it was obviously an issue on their end. He also tried but couldn't get it to allow online checkin, but he swore that I'll be able to use the kiosk and not have to go to the counter. I'm still on the fence about keeping it, I have a bad feeling that's it's going to end up being a nightmare when we get there.

I got a call back from Alamo yesterday afternoon. Super nice gentleman said he was quality control and had listened to my conversation. He said according to their records the coupon expired August 1st. I sent him the link and he admitted it was obviously an issue on their end. He also tried but couldn't get it to allow online checkin, but he swore that I'll be able to use the kiosk and not have to go to the counter. I'm still on the fence about keeping it, I have a bad feeling that's it's going to end up being a nightmare when we get there.
It's definitely not worth it. I rebooked with a $25 coupon. Overall cost was up $20, but that's worth a hassle free check in and no kiosk or counter.

It's definitely not worth it. I rebooked with a $25 coupon. Overall cost was up $20, but that's worth a hassle free check in and no kiosk or counter.

Did you use AD3868JST by any chance to rebook? I messaged them on FB about not being able to cancel my booking due to the other code and she couldn't figure it out, she sent it to tech support to try to cancel it. In the meantime I used the above code but it says "specialty" and I'm a bit nervous to use it.

Did you use AD3868JST by any chance to rebook? I messaged them on FB about not being able to cancel my booking due to the other code and she couldn't figure it out, she sent it to tech support to try to cancel it. In the meantime I used the above code but it says "specialty" and I'm a bit nervous to use it.
That's the code I used now. It might be from carrentalsavers dot com. I've had it on my code list for years and used it many times.

I’m using that code too. Specialty just means only certain car categories are eligible. I normally book a standard, but had to book a full size because the coupon doesn’t work on standard.

I’m using that code too. Specialty just means only certain car categories are eligible. I normally book a standard, but had to book a full size because the coupon doesn’t work on standard.
This is another $25, should be good on any class. AD2823JAZ

This is another $25, should be good on any class. AD2823JAZ

No that one is for no more then 11 days. My trip is 13 days, but thanks. I’ve been trying to find another coupon that works on standard. There’s another one out there that’s just fir convertibles, suv and minivan. I was even looking for a free day.

No that one is for no more then 11 days. My trip is 13 days, but thanks. I’ve been trying to find another coupon that works on standard. There’s another one out there that’s just fir convertibles, suv and minivan. I was even looking for a free day.

13 days, lucky you!! I've got a few others, but they don't work for that long either.

Do you know what the minivan code is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter