October 2018 Car Rental

Thanks for sharing. I have a resie w Alamo but just booked the managers special car with Dollar. I am just concerned that I will be stuck with a conpact car.

$12 more drop. Has to be even lower, for my tastes. I just keep checking, er, swimming.
We are also going Aug and Nov and cannot believe how high the rates are! I thought if we got closer to the Aug trip then it would be going down but it is actually increasing.

For my trip 10/18-10/28 it has dropped from $405 to $360, for the cheapest category of car. I still consider this too high.

I've checked several sites including Costco, Autoslash, Dollar, Alamo, and more. The advertised specials I see on various sites are for summer only, and not valid in fall. This gives me hope that some fall specials may appear at some point. I hope soon!

For those of you who use Costco, I just grabbed a Intermediate car for $214, October 3-8th through Alamo. Check those rates if you haven't lately!

Dollar ressie just went down $13, not huge but worth cancelling and re-booking. We now get a midsize vehicle for a week plus 3 days for $332. FWIW last Nov 2 - 11 we paid $192 for the same car. Alamo is still much higher.

Bill From PA

My dollar rental went down today and got a better class with it. It was only a saving of $3 but going from a mid size to a Standard for me is better. I could get a manager special for $30 cheaper or for $275 if I will pay for it now but I can't chance getting stuck with a compact car. Anybody ever have luck getting something better with a managers special from Dollar?

That is a great question. I feel like we hear more about Alamo than Dollar. Hopefully someone will have some insight.

My dollar rental went down today and got a better class with it. It was only a saving of $3 but going from a mid size to a Standard for me is better. I could get a manager special for $30 cheaper or for $275 if I will pay for it now but I can't chance getting stuck with a compact car. Anybody ever have luck getting something better with a managers special from Dollar?

Never bit on the Manager's Special but we've done the City Special twice, got a midsize for less than a Compact or Economy last year and this. I'm holding off on any Pay Now deal unless our 11 days drops into the low $200s.

Bill From PA

Never bit on the Manager's Special but we've done the City Special twice, got a midsize for less than a Compact or Economy last year and this. I'm holding off on any Pay Now deal unless our 11 days drops into the low $200s.

Bill From PA

Yeah I always do the city special also. I use to do manager special in Oakland and would most times get a full size but one time it was a compact and since then I use to carry two reservations in case but I stopped using Dollar once I started using Costco so curious of what people are doing

Finally! Real downward movement!

Oct. 11 7pm to Oct. 21 6pm, Alamo minivan -- $545 using Costco contract code and coupon code AD2365FDN. Had previously booked at $586.

Finally! Real downward movement!

Oct. 11 7pm to Oct. 21 6pm, Alamo minivan -- $545 using Costco contract code and coupon code AD2365FDN. Had previously booked at $586.

I recommend booking a full size car also as there is times that Mini Vans are in the full size aisle. What until you arrive to check in and just go straight to the car. If you see a mini van in the full size aisle then grab it and do online check in and skip the counter right in the van. Then just show your phone, DL, and Credit Card at the gate. You might end up saving a lot of money. If there isn't any then just do the same for your mini van reservation.

I recommend booking a full size car also as there is times that Mini Vans are in the full size aisle. What until you arrive to check in and just go straight to the car. If you see a mini van in the full size aisle then grab it and do online check in and skip the counter right in the van. Then just show your phone, DL, and Credit Card at the gate. You might end up saving a lot of money. If there isn't any then just do the same for your mini van reservation.
Thank you!

Check your Alamo reservations - I'm getting the error message that Coupon AD2365FDN "cannot be validated".
When I put in my name and confirmation number - it directs me to make a new reservation - yikes!

Dollar went down another $8 so I'm on my 4th cancel/rebook cycle. It pays to check every day.

Bill From PA

Bill - Thank you!
I read your post about Dollar - put in my info - found a CDP code (3062551) and booked a 10-day Manager's Special for $258! I was at $312 with Alamo, with a coupon that got kicked. I feel like I can relax a little - I'm finally pretty happy with what I have booked!

Bill - Thank you!
I read your post about Dollar - put in my info - found a CDP code (3062551) and booked a 10-day Manager's Special for $258! I was at $312 with Alamo, with a coupon that got kicked. I feel like I can relax a little - I'm finally pretty happy with what I have booked!

Just remember a Manager Special could be a economy car so if your ok with that then great but if not I would have a back up reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter