October 2018 Car Rental

$40 drop for 1 to 12. Hope it drops a lot more before I rent. Am still close to $100 more than last year, same time and length.

Keeping checking. And hoping.

Prices jumped in one day! We had to tack on another day to save $$ on flights but that added almost $100 to our reservation. Currently have $442 for a standard SUV Alamo from 10/5-10/15

I'm using AutoSlash to check prices. Is there another/better way to track?

Daisy, mine is with Costco and a $25 coupon code on Alamo website. I go back and forth with Costco Travel site and Alamo’s.

Right now with Costco Travel for Oct 8th to Oct 20th I am at $438 for a mid size car. I am really hoping for a big drop still.

I booked a "Drive Happy Deal" on the Alamo website yesterday - October 2 - 12 for $312. Today, same Drive Happy Deal is $539! Ouch!
I have been checking using 7014627 (Costco) and 7016136 (American Express).
Will keep playing the game :)

My rental for Oct 8 to Oct 20 just dropped $40 on Costco. Make sure you check today.

My rental for Oct 8 to Oct 20 just dropped $40 on Costco. Make sure you check today.

Just got one at Dollar for even cheaper. I know Costco gives the extra driver so might be worth sticking with Costco but Dollar was $50 cheaper.

Just got one at Dollar for even cheaper. I know Costco gives the extra driver so might be worth sticking with Costco but Dollar was $50 cheaper.

Thanks for the heads up! Mine dropped another $40 at EZ Car Rental. Started at $270 and now I'm down to $191. I feel MUCH better about this price already but I will keep checking!

Fyi there are a few $30 alamo coupons out there with overnight saturday stay. Have used this year without incident but are affinty types YMMV, google for codes if interested.

Sitting on two, my dates September 29 to Oct 7= 9 days with add on fee of approx $8 for SWA point credit to my RR account.

Dollar $239 for midsize, citispecial.

Alamo $258 for fullsize, 7016136 Amex plus $30 coupon.

For October 26 to November 4 I have an Intermediate SUV for $389 thru Costco. I don't think that is awful, but I do hope it will come down. I'm betting it will.

my dates September 29 to Oct 7= 9 days (with add on fee of approx $8 for SWA point credit to my RR account).

Was Alamo $258 for fullsize via 7016136 Amex, less $30 coupon

Just Dropped to $226:banana:

Dollar citispecial - just saw 9 days starting 9/29 $199.xx compact

Thru carrentalsavers (couldn’t replicate on dollar) midsize $208.xx midsize

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter