October 2018 Car Rental

Prices are just out of this world right now. I really hope the prices come down. Right now Oct 8th to Oct 17th is over 400. I might have to take Disney buses for the first time if it doesn't and I am honestly not looking forward to that at all.

Booked our airfare for fall this week so I could finally make a preliminary rental car booking. Painful.

Our dates are October 26th to November 3rd. Right now, I have a full size with Budget through Costco (with a free extra driver) for $365 :crazy2:. Our May trip earlier this month was $205 for a standard SUV.

Pretty sure these current rates have nowhere to go but down.

Booked our airfare for fall this week so I could finally make a preliminary rental car booking. Painful.

Our dates are October 26th to November 3rd. Right now, I have a full size with Budget through Costco (with a free extra driver) for $365 :crazy2:. Our May trip earlier this month was $205 for a standard SUV.

Pretty sure these current rates have nowhere to go but down.

It should go down. Check often.

It should go down. Check often.

Oh, I'm well aware of how to play the rental car game. We've had a rental vehicle for 14 of our 15 trips. It's never NOT gone down from the original reservation......so I'm pretty sure this one won't be any different. Sometimes it doesn't decline much, but usually we end up with something that we at least feel is reasonable. I've got 153 days to departure, so that means I'll be checking it at least 150 more times :laughing:.

Gosh, when you put it that way, it makes me sound a bit unstable :blush:.

Oh, I'm well aware of how to play the rental car game. We've had a rental vehicle for 14 of our 15 trips. It's never NOT gone down from the original reservation......so I'm pretty sure this one won't be any different. Sometimes it doesn't decline much, but usually we end up with something that we at least feel is reasonable. I've got 153 days to departure, so that means I'll be checking it at least 150 more times :laughing:.

Gosh, when you put it that way, it makes me sound a bit unstable :blush:.
This is me! I have a few trips planned and check every day! Last year we got such a great deal and so disappointed this time around. I also probably had the same amount of trips, too!

This is me! I have a few trips planned and check every day! Last year we got such a great deal and so disappointed this time around. I also probably had the same amount of trips, too!

Don't lose heart just yet. Rates are MUCH too high to remain at their current levels.....I just can't believe they won't go down at least some. I'm thinking that rental companies are just focusing on summer rates right now, and we'll start to see big declines in prices sometime in August. Just a prediction, of course. But that's my guess.

Don't lose heart just yet. Rates are MUCH too high to remain at their current levels.....I just can't believe they won't go down at least some. I'm thinking that rental companies are just focusing on summer rates right now, and we'll start to see big declines in prices sometime in August. Just a prediction, of course. But that's my guess.
Fingers crossed that you are correct and we will be checking together.

I just went on Expedia to check prices for Oct 18 - 27. I booked a mid size car at Dollar long ago for $345.11 for 11 days, it was never lower before or after but I keep checking. On Expedia I got this message for my dates:

258 Cars at Orlando airport from $18
We're experiencing high demand at this location for your trip dates. Book soon.

Perhaps they do this all the time to stimulate reservations but it seems to be true. BTW, last Nov. 2 - 11 we got a Dollar mid size for $192, big difference.

Bill From PA

Costco rates inched ever so slightly downward this morning (Oct. 11-21, intermediate car from Alamo, $354. Down from $363)

Costco rates inched ever so slightly downward this morning (Oct. 11-21, intermediate car from Alamo, $354. Down from $363)

Yeah I noticed that yesterday. Mine went from $460 down to $360. I am looking for Oct 8th through Oct 18.

I'm a little later in the month than most of you (October 26th to November 3) and so far, my Costco rate remains frustratingly level. What fun is watching prices every day if they never move? :laughing:

I still think our big drops will come, but not until sometime in August. Positive thoughts pixiedust:.

I was able to get a Standard SUV with Alamo through Costco for $364 (8 days). Have cancelled my others and this is now the one to watch.

Costco prices have dropped in the past couple of days - might want to go check your reservations. Still not what I'm used to, but hopefully will continue to drop.

Costco prices have dropped in the past couple of days - might want to go check your reservations. Still not what I'm used to, but hopefully will continue to drop.
My September rate has dropped more, so hopefully October will follow too. I'm over Columbus weekend, so they may effect mine a little bit. I'm at $350 SUV for 9 days. I'd hope for something around $250. Costco & $30 AD2365FDN. Wyndham rewards 7015071 slightly higher but the best non club rate I've found.

Last edited:
My September rate has dropped more, so hopefully October will follow too. I'm over Columbus weekend, so they may effect mine a little bit. I'm at $350 SUV for 9 days. I'd hope for something around $250. Costco & $30 AD2365FDN. Wyndham rewards 7015071 slightly higher but the best non club rate I've found.

I have a $25 coupon code saved, but hadn't seen the $30 one you posted. Is it for the general public, or is it a Costco only code? That and the Wyndham code brought my rate down another $18 so I'd love to use it if it's for the public. I don't have a Costco membership.

I have a $25 coupon code saved, but hadn't seen the $30 one you posted. Is it for the general public, or is it a Costco only code? That and the Wyndham code brought my rate down another $18 so I'd love to use it if it's for the public. I don't have a Costco membership.

The coupon code is for members of AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association), to which I am not.

My experience is that I have used every possible combination of contract ID and coupon code imaginable through Alamo. Never ONCE have I been asked for anything other than drivers license and credit card while checking out of garage. I always use online check-in, and never go to the desk. I even used the once popular Brazilian code many times with my WI drivers license and the agent never flinched.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter