News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon they'll have DHS extra hours and DHS galaxies edge extra hours (both a separate ticket).

I know people would have flipped out if they went this route - but part of me says they could charge an extra fee just to get into GE all day long - at least for the first 6 months or something

I know people would have flipped out if they went this route - but part of me says they could charge an extra fee just to get into GE all day long - at least for the first 6 months or something
They could have ride tickets again at $100/ ride and they’d still have unbearable waits.

Starting Jan 5 and ending right as the new St. Patty's day party begins (get your green ears!). Followed by hard ticket parties to meet the Easter Bunny and a search for hidden Easter Eggs, only to give way to hard ticket nights for Memorial Day, starting in April!

This is exactly how they will turn MK into a 2 ticket a day kind of place over the next decade. And now I'm depressed because, while joking, I could absolutely see this happening.
I was actually thinking about my future with tickets. Right now I have an AP and I'm going to have one next year. After that, maybe some trips where I decide to do a minimal amount of days for the actual park ticket and instead load up on the after-hours and party tickets. Just something to consider...

I dunno about the hard ticket mk parties. They used to have the pirate and princess parties and those actually got cancelled.

So they might not expand beyond Halloween and Christmas.
They just started doing Disney After Dark events at Disneyland this past year. All of them have a special theme and include photo ops, exclusive food and character meets, and entertainment (fireworks, dance parties), etc. And almost every ride ends up being a walk-on, because so many people are there for the other entertainment, not necessarily the rides.

First one was a Throwback night, so themed all around the 50s. I saw photos and it looked fun, lots of people in 50s attire dancing (they encourage themed outfits). Then they did Star Wars, which sold out so quickly they later added another night the following week. I did the second one and it was super fun - lots of exclusive characters that have never been in the parks (characters and droids from the Star Wars Rebels show, ewoks, etc), lots of fun food and photo spots. Awesome SW fireworks (I liked it more than the version at DHS), and even Ray Park (Darth Maul) came out and did Jedi Training for everyone, not just kids! I still sucked at it, but it was fun to try!

In the next couple months they are doing Sweetheart night (Valentines day), and 90s night. Both are already sold out. I have a ticket to 90s night and can't wait!

I'd think if MK did some of these things, it could be so much fun and worthwhile! I think it helps that it is a one-time only event, so anyone who wants to go, buys ticket for the same night, rather than spread out over the whole season.

As soon as they tried opening this to ALL DVC members across the entire resort - but didn't lower prices - the concept was pretty much doomed. It's good to see that Disney fans have some limit to their tolerance for ridiculously priced extras. Now if we (as a mass) would only decide that $130 Halloween parties were out of whack too.

The balance between price and crowd level just isn't there for parties like they were in the past. The rumor that they sold more tickets this past year than before and they increased prices as usual just basically made this apologist just say no to attending this year. 3 years on the same date and we basically saw it go from ok to out of control in a short period. It must really be jarring for those who used to attend many years ago. I'd consider doing an after hours at Magic Kingdom if there was a discount and if I could see that they've kept the crowd level fairly low.

'[Cameron] said: "One day I'll be working on scenes from [Avatar] 2, the next day I'll be working on scenes from 3, and the actors come in and go, 'Oh, we're working on 3 today.'"'

Why does this quote bother me so much? I'm sure this quote is more lighthearted, and I know I'm not familiar with how multiple super high budget hollywood movies are made, but I would think the crew would have...I don't know...a schedule? I'm sure they did, but again, it's just the perception. Painting the actors like they don't know what they are doing the day of shooting...doesn't give me the vibe of confidence. And he said that each movie is going to be self contained, right?

While I haven't worked on a big budget movie, I have been on three TV series and a couple of pilots that didn't make it to air. The way Cameron talks tracks with what I've experienced. None of it should be cause for concern.

As Grand Admiral and you both note, nothing is ever shot in order. And while I doubt the actors are as clueless as Cameron claims as to what they are shooting on any given day, it really wouldn't matter much. It takes forever to set up a shot. That's true even when working with green/blue screens. A professional actor will have more than enough time to adequately prepare (emotionally, physically, intellectually) for any scene.

It's probably worth noting that different directions work well...differently. Some tend to focus on the big picture and others will concentrate on the perfecting every little detail. A successful product will depend upon surrounding the director with the appropriate staff to counter their deficiencies and highlight their strengths. On a day-to-day basis, that what a Supervising Producer does.

Well, I'd have to say - THAT would be a hard sell - "Sure it's $129 for 2 hours, but hey, you get MOST of the park, just not the rides you REALLY want."

Well the rest of DHS would have toy story land and the runaway rail attraction.

I feel like Disney would at least try this once.

I mean... This is the company that set up tents in Tomorrowland and tried to charge people hundreds of dollars to sit in them.

This was announced a week or so ago. We have really found out yet if that means the patio is only for the package or not but it seems that way.
Sorry- just getting caught up! I figured they would find a way to monetize that patio somehow... Though with the latest round of menu changes I'm betting it's popularity declined a bit. That was the one meal I was waiting to book for our next trip - just for the patio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter