News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually thinking about my future with tickets. Right now I have an AP and I'm going to have one next year. After that, maybe some trips where I decide to do a minimal amount of days for the actual park ticket and instead load up on the after-hours and party tickets. Just something to consider...

This is my thinking as well. We are likely done with APs for a while, but might consider a short trip with perhaps just a DAH ticket or a party ticket. Even though I rail against these things, we’ve done it all and can’t really justify the AP increases. We’ll see, but it isn’t off the table.

I have never been to Tokyo Disneyland, but it seems to me they really embrace the Imagineering of old...telling original stories through the rides.
Well, that may be because the Oriental Land Company (the actual owners of TDL) contracted with Disney to essentially build the same park they had in the USA. That park opened in 1983.

News
Tokyo DisneySea announces Soaring opening and its SEA link
https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201901/6551/

So, is this the future easter eggs they were discussing at Tropical Hideaway's opening? C. Falco is a new SEA Member called Camellia Falco

I hate to complain with all we are getting in WDW, but why does Tokyo get all the cool stuff?!?!?! Maybe things like this just jump out at me as I loved the Adventurer's Club and all S.A.E. references

I was actually thinking about my future with tickets. Right now I have an AP and I'm going to have one next year. After that, maybe some trips where I decide to do a minimal amount of days for the actual park ticket and instead load up on the after-hours and party tickets. Just something to consider...

They just started doing Disney After Dark events at Disneyland this past year. All of them have a special theme and include photo ops, exclusive food and character meets, and entertainment (fireworks, dance parties), etc. And almost every ride ends up being a walk-on, because so many people are there for the other entertainment, not necessarily the rides.

First one was a Throwback night, so themed all around the 50s. I saw photos and it looked fun, lots of people in 50s attire dancing (they encourage themed outfits). Then they did Star Wars, which sold out so quickly they later added another night the following week. I did the second one and it was super fun - lots of exclusive characters that have never been in the parks (characters and droids from the Star Wars Rebels show, ewoks, etc), lots of fun food and photo spots. Awesome SW fireworks (I liked it more than the version at DHS), and even Ray Park (Darth Maul) came out and did Jedi Training for everyone, not just kids! I still sucked at it, but it was fun to try!

In the next couple months they are doing Sweetheart night (Valentines day), and 90s night. Both are already sold out. I have a ticket to 90s night and can't wait!

I'd think if MK did some of these things, it could be so much fun and worthwhile! I think it helps that it is a one-time only event, so anyone who wants to go, buys ticket for the same night, rather than spread out over the whole season.
I think the challenge with this is that many guests who visit WDW are not local. Food and Wine Festival brings in many locals but I'm not sure if a 1 night special event would have the same draw at WDW that it does at DL?

NEWS

Tree of Life Awakenings to honor Lion King's 25th anniversary with new additions - from Memorial Day until September 30th

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...caZIU5ZkUmkI2RzH_azG6EhirHp0sv5t5_mF1_5FY2OL4

not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I love the Lion King, but not really wanting to see IP in the Tree of Life Awakenings ... guess if only temporary it's not so bad, but hope this doesn't become a regular thing

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long this will be up? September 30th? Or just a short period?

I didn't see about this photo op specifically but I just posted the story about the Lion King additions to the Tree of Life awakenings projections and that said it is until Sept 30th, so I would think the photo op would be the same

NEWS

Tree of Life Awakenings to honor Lion King's 25th anniversary with new additions - from now until September 30th

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...caZIU5ZkUmkI2RzH_azG6EhirHp0sv5t5_mF1_5FY2OL4

not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I love the Lion King, but not really wanting to see IP in the Tree of Life Awakenings ... guess if only temporary it's not so bad, but hope this doesn't become a regular thing
Actually, the article states the changes begin Memorial Day weekend.

NEWS

Tree of Life Awakenings to honor Lion King's 25th anniversary with new additions - from now until September 30th

WHAT!? You don't want to see more Lion King in the parks? This might actually get me to stay and watch the Tree of Life Awakenings. :D

NEWS

Guardians of the Galaxy's Awesome Mix Live to return to ECPOT this summer: June 24th to August 18th

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...-mix-live-set-to-return-to-epcot-this-summer/

This was gone before our trip last year but will be going on when we are there this August, so might check it out to see what I think after seeing it in person vs just the video
Oh goody...I couldn't stand listening to this thing when I was waiting for many Voices of Liberty performances this past summer. Now I get to "listen" to it again! >:(

I didn't see about this photo op specifically but I just posted the story about the Lion King additions to the Tree of Life awakenings projections and that said it is until Sept 30th, so I would think the photo op would be the same

They already do an IP awakenings including Lion King. Took these a couple weeks ago.

It is our favorite actually.

enhance

enhance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter