News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It helps if you realize that movies aren't necessarily shot in sequential order. Let's say you have a scene in 2 and a scene in 3, but they're both at the same location, like the big glowy tree of life (whatever it was called). You might shoot both scenes for the two different episodes the same week since they both take place at the one location.

This! Movies aren't generally shot in sequence for a number of reasons. Location availability, actor availability, complexity of scenes/shots, availability of special rigging/studios/etc can all affect the order in which things are filmed. And Cameron isn't the one who makes the schedules, so his relative confusion about what is being shot when isn't that unusual or surprising. I feel for the production manager though, juggling two movie shoots simultaneously is a huge undertaking!

Sounds like improperly prepared surface or applied paint.

That's what it looked like to me when we were there in August - that the paint wasn't "sticking" to the surface properly and was peeling off. Not a paint expert but it felt like something that would happen if you were rushing all the elements vs letting them properly cure and set.

I will also say it was clear people were reaching over and helping it to peel more, so that wasn't helping - but if it was properly created that wouldn't be such an issue

It helps if you realize that movies aren't necessarily shot in sequential order. Let's say you have a scene in 2 and a scene in 3, but they're both at the same location, like the big glowy tree of life (whatever it was called). You might shoot both scenes for the two different episodes the same week since they both take place at the one location.

This! Movies aren't generally shot in sequence for a number of reasons. Location availability, actor availability, complexity of scenes/shots, availability of special rigging/studios/etc can all affect the order in which things are filmed. And Cameron isn't the one who makes the schedules, so his relative confusion about what is being shot when isn't that unusual or surprising. I feel for the production manager though, juggling two movie shoots simultaneously is a huge undertaking!

lol I know movies aren't shot sequentially. I just helped our IT Education area film a super boring video. The 'actors' couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that we shot the intro and the outro at the same time (since it was literally going to be the same shot of them standing in the same place). 'You can put stuff in between that?' they asked. Yikes...

I guess I just feel like if things were planned out properly (story wise) they would know what's happening in what movie. I tend to forget that the actors are (probably) acting in a completely blue box, thus adding to the confusion.

I thought 'Avatar' was very bland, but I reserve judgement for the sequels until they are out. So we shall wait and see.

And I'll cut it with the Cameron chatter :)

Maintenance is definitely a challenge and the time it takes. People always complain when rides are closed for maintenance

For Rise, I am deeply concerned about this aspect. Given some of the recent rumors about the vehicle and scene dynamics, I envision there will be a higher-than-normal probability of maintenance. It does make me think of B-mode (or whatever it is called), like they did for the Shaman in Navi. Please no non-serviceable aspects built into the structure like.....we know.

Does anyone have any real details about that Lightning McQueen show coming to HS? I feel like I still don't fully understand what kind of attraction is it. It is a show like the Beauty and the Beast show where you sit and watch a performance of some sort on a stage? Or is it something more interactive?

Does anyone have any real details about that Lightning McQueen show coming to HS? I feel like I still don't fully understand what kind of attraction is it. It is a show like the Beauty and the Beast show where you sit and watch a performance of some sort on a stage? Or is it something more interactive?
Disney really hasn't said much. We do know it will be inside a theater, and it will have a large screen.

If I was to guess, I would think it would be something similar to Turtle Talk With Crush. I can be wrong, but I'm excited to hear more details about this in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter