• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes these are estimates as really no theme park groups actually release attendance numbers for the public. If I remember correctly (I could be wrong) park hopping is counted towards the first gate you enter.

Yup - you are right - the first park is the one that's counted as the attendance.

Wow bro... Did you write this promo and are insulted that I don't like it... or did I just make you mad by correcting your post?

The reason I complained about dropping the air fare is because like I said, some people who live within the 250 mile range might want to invite people outside the range..... why discriminate?

Not bothered at all. I just don't get what the big deal is. It's a prize that you win. I don't pay for it why would I complain that it doesn't give me more than it does. Disney has the rights to restrict it so you don't say "I'm bringing in cousin Mabel from Amsterdam and cousin Gable from Johannsburg." If you notice - they also only pay airfare from a single location - the winners location. So even if I live in Atlanta and I have family in New York I want to join, they won't pay that either.

Star Wars Celebration 2019 just announced for Chicago on the Star Wars show.

Whew - nothing could interest me less than this. Love Star Wars but the fan base has become uber-obnoxious. Can't wait to spend 3 days listening to 10,000 fans debate whether The Last Jedi ruined Star Wars forever or not.

Well it is the third largest metro area in the United States to start. Plus they've done a ton of work trying to attract different conferences and stuff to this area. Chicago is a huge, world-class city why would it be weird to have anything here?

You got that right lady! :)

Chicago is a destination city. And this isn't a "Disney" thing, it's a "Star Wars" thing (and no, they are not one in the same) - most people wouldn't associate it with Orlando either. It's in a perfect location for all the middle states to get to.

McCormick place is huge. HUGE. Catch the Metra Electric at Millennium Station downtown (if staying there) and take it to the McCormick place stop - easiest and most direct way to get there. Cheap too.

We are thinking of going, we live very close. A nice way to start our one year countdown to our WDW trip in May 2020!

Also...Cosmos is getting another season!!! Also spring 2019, another great way to countdown. (I don't know why, but the first season reminded me of Epcot in the 80's and I LOVED it.)

Well it is the third largest metro area in the United States to start. Plus they've done a ton of work trying to attract different conferences and stuff to this area. Chicago is a huge, world-class city why would it be weird to have anything here?
you get it lol

I'm gonna throw a hand-grenade here, but Pot Bellies is superior to Earl of Sandwich, and their Italian comes with Giardiniera.

I'll bite. I thought Pot Bellies was kind of on par with Subway and I do like Earl of Sandwich. I've only ever been to one Pot Bellies, so maybe it's just the location. They are probably franchised and run by different people.

I'll be the first to admit my tastes aren't very refined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter