News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Disneyland is #2 on this list, I’m surprised Disney California Adventure didn’t make the top 10. Maybe once all of the construction is over.

Well from what @rteetz said above, that could be park-hopping. DCA on many days opens an hour or so later than DL, so it's possible some percentage of guests utilize the proximity to rope drop twice. My family did this a few weeks back. With Max Pass you can hit DL, book an FP for Cars even though the park isn't open yet, then rope drop Guardians.

I posted this in the dedicated thread, but to me the big takeaway is that in total the 4 main WDW parks increased by 4% to 55,872,000 - so looks like Pandora did help increase total visitors, not just shift the same number away from the other parks

Also of note is that AK had more visitors than EPCOT in 2017 ... so I gotta thing Disney is pretty happy with the results form Pandora

I posted this in the dedicated thread, but to me the big takeaway is that in total the 4 main WDW parks increased by 4% to 55,872,000 - so looks like Pandora did help increase total visitors, not just shift the same number away from the other parks

Also of note is that AK had more visitors than EPCOT in 2017 ... so I gotta thing Disney is pretty happy with the results form Pandora
Yep agreed.

As Phil noted I do have a thread to further discuss all theme park attendance numbers as it is interesting to look at. Shanghai was very successful well.

I'm gonna throw a hand-grenade here, but Pot Bellies is superior to Earl of Sandwich, and their Italian comes with Giardiniera.

So far that hand grenade was a dud. :tigger:

And, I agree 100% with PB's> Earl. Thank goodness that Earl exists though cause we usually find ourselves wanting a "different" quick serve option around day 4 of each trip and Earl is fits that parameter really well.

Edit- and I have to admit, we liked the Polite Pig when we tried it last fall!

Definitely a bummer - but if it is true the $ from this is going to the new monorails or something else cool I guess it is for the best

Obviously, like anything with Disney, it could come back on the table at a later date, permit change just means it is done for now as they removed the area the theater would have been from the permit (had combined Tron work with theater work in 1 permit, not just includes the Tron area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter