• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star wars Celebration last year looked like a logistical nightmare. I hope for those attending next year that it provides a better experience to attendees.

And this is what happens when the Bean Counters run the show.
"Health and safety be damned, we're going to make more money"!!!!!!!!

From the linked article:

The company [Disney] also said building code doesn't require it to have fire hydrants in parking lots and that it provided the affected visitors with alternative transportation.

Reedy Creek District Administrator John Classe said the fire marshal doesn't plan to cite Disney because the fire hydrants were "permitted for removal as part of demolition associated with the former Disney Speedway facilities."​

The original fire hydrants were only there because they were needed for the Walt Disney World Speedway facility. Certainly, there was a major problem if the fire fighters didn't know those hydrants were removed when the Speedway went away. That problem needs fixing.

Apparently, building codes say that huge surface parking lots don't require fire hydrants. As such, I'm not sure that criticism for not having them is warranted.

The ride system and layout is pretty much the same so they would just need to change the scenes. I am a big fan of Dinosaur so this would be a loss for me.
I love the Dinosaur ride but i also love Indiana Jones. i look forward to this if it's true. I know some people say it won't fit in AK but hey it's Disney, they'll make it work!

Definitely making a point to stop here our next trip ... I think a few small plates and maybe the Big Board and some desserts and you could do a great meal out with friends there for not crazy $

The food looks great, but overall I'm a little disappointed in the wine selections - especially since they've been touting him as a Master Sommelier. There's not very many offerings unique to just this location that you can't find anywhere else on property or during the special festivals. Too many chardonnays and emphasis on Old World-style reds that again are the wines already on offer around property. Like the one Nebbiolo bottle - it's a great wine, but I just had the exact same bottle three weeks ago at Maria & Enzo's.

The food looks great, but overall I'm a little disappointed in the wine selections - especially since they've been touting him as a Master Sommelier. There's not very many offerings unique to just this location that you can't find anywhere else on property or during the special festivals. Too many chardonnays and emphasis on Old World-style reds that again are the wines already on offer around property. Like the one Nebbiolo bottle - it's a great wine, but I just had the exact same bottle three weeks ago at Maria & Enzo's.

I need to let ok closer at the wines.

As long as it isn’t just super big California reds and super oaky chardonnays I am sure we can find something :D

Still happily surprised they have a sour beer

I need to let ok closer at the wines.

As long as it isn’t just super big California reds and super oaky chardonnays I am sure we can find something :D

Still happily surprised they have a sour beer

I admit to preferring white wines. :duck:

I strongly dislike Chardonnay.

I do like Sauvignon Blanc (god bless you New Zealand) and Pinot Grigio.

I'm having a hard time reading the menu, but I think I see Cloudy Bay on there for Sauvignon Blanc- love it!

Only 3 Pinot Grigio? Boo.

From the linked article:

The company [Disney] also said building code doesn't require it to have fire hydrants in parking lots and that it provided the affected visitors with alternative transportation.

Reedy Creek District Administrator John Classe said the fire marshal doesn't plan to cite Disney because the fire hydrants were "permitted for removal as part of demolition associated with the former Disney Speedway facilities."​

The original fire hydrants were only there because they were needed for the Walt Disney World Speedway facility. Certainly, there was a major problem if the fire fighters didn't know those hydrants were removed when the Speedway went away. That problem needs fixing.

Apparently, building codes say that huge surface parking lots don't require fire hydrants. As such, I'm not sure that criticism for not having them is warranted.
I believe that the Fire Department made the statement that their tanker was old and not in top condition.
Having worked in City Government for several decades I'm sure that everyone on the Reedy Creek Improvement District Board Should be aware that in a location that serves millions of people yearly, the need for a functional Fire Department, which includes working apparatus's and sufficient hydrant availability, is absolutely paramount and needs to be addressed whenever changes are made to those hydrants and/or apparatus's.
Neglecting Public Safety cannot be excused because a building code doesn't "require" Safety equipment.
Public Safety trumps every other service that a Government entity provides........

I believe that the Fire Department made the statement that their tanker was old and not in top condition.
Having worked in City Government for several decades I'm sure that everyone on the Reedy Creek Improvement District Board Should be aware that in a location that serves millions of people yearly, the need for a functional Fire Department, which includes working apparatus's and sufficient hydrant availability, is absolutely paramount and needs to be addressed whenever changes are made to those hydrants and/or apparatus's.
Neglecting Public Safety cannot be excused because a building code doesn't "require" Safety equipment.
Public Safety trumps every other service that a Government entity provides........

Also, the size of the parking lots at WDW is such that if they put hydrants on the perimeter, there still could have been the chance that they didn't have enough hose to reach. Portable tanks and a tanker that can load then fill are essential. To not have them available is crazy. Polynesion is very close by, Tanker fills there, pumps into portable ground tank and goes to refill while crews use water in that ground tank. Here in the midwest , we do this all the time because hydrants are a couple miles away.

But, with today's satellite technology, no reason why Reedy doesn't have all hydrants mapped and on the on board computer for each truck.

I don’t disagree with the comparison as I rarely eat at either. However as a life long Chicagoan I would recommend the Italian beef above all.

And who has the best Italian beef can be a thread on its own.

(Johnnie's Beef in Elmwood Park. They also have the best Italian ice. Light years better than the place on Taylor street...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter