News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a half hour away in the Suburbs I am so going to be trying for those tickets big time.

What are ticket prices usually like for this? It is a 5 day con so it must be more then a C2E2 type convention.

Well it is the third largest metro area in the United States to start. Plus they've done a ton of work trying to attract different conferences and stuff to this area. Chicago is a huge, world-class city why would it be weird to have anything here?

I didn’t say it was “weird”. I wondered why they picked Chicago. Nothing Disney anywhere nearby, and they’ve never held it here, right? That’s what I was thinking.

I’ve been to Chicago and just don’t have a desire to go back. Business conferences I understand. I would have done Celebration with my kids in Anaheim or Orlando. But Chicago? Just no interest.

I didn’t say it was “weird”. I wondered why they picked Chicago. Nothing Disney anywhere nearby, and they’ve never held it here, right? That’s what I was thinking.

I’ve been to Chicago and just don’t have a desire to go back. Business conferences I understand. I would have done Celebration with my kids in Anaheim or Orlando. But Chicago? Just no interest.

the area right around McCormick place has wonderful museums (Check out the Tsavo Lions at the Field Museum), a great aquarium, and one of the biggest shopping/dining districts that one could ever find. Having a five day convention where one can do other things as well is a nice change of pace.

hey, Chicago is where they launched the remote Disney Quests!!!! (I mean, sure it was a giant failure, but still!!!)

I would visit Chicago to go to this convention, as well as, visit the outside of the house that Walt Disney was born in. So, there is something in Chicago Disney related.

http://www.thewaltdisneybirthplace.org/

the area right around McCormick place has wonderful museums (Check out the Tsavo Lions at the Field Museum), a great aquarium, and one of the biggest shopping/dining districts that one could ever find. Having a five day convention where one can do other things as well is a nice change of pace.

It’s all subjective, obviously! We live in DC and get our fill of excellent museums and shopping here and when we regularly visit NYC. That’s not an attraction for me to travel to Chicago with my kids.

We were looking forward to a combined Celebration/Disneyland vacation. Celebration/House-Walt-was-born-in-museums-and-shopping doesn’t do it for us. Subjective. :)

Yeah that is nice. I’m just excited because I don’t have to fly anywhere to attend.

Apologies if I missed this - but Disney is launching their own online Cooking Channel called "Disney Eats"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgdpS0NYRwFewg-nBXWO98g

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/disney-eats/

http://eats.disney.com/

Will they be making specific dishes from the parks. I had this idea about 6 months ago, and was going to follow through with it (even designed my own logo) but decided not to due to the fact that recipes fall into a legal grey area, and I didn't want to deal with any of that.

Will they be making specific dishes from the parks. I had this idea about 6 months ago, and was going to follow through with it (even designed my own logo) but decided not to due to the fact that recipes fall into a legal grey area, and I didn't want to deal with any of that.

The things mentioned it will show include:
  • Tiny Kitchen: chefs create mini replicas of foods from Disney movies
  • Kitchen Little: kiddos team up with celebrity chefs to whip up Disney-themed recipes
  • Must Be Science: the worlds of food and science come together with Disney food experiments in the kitchen

Looking at the videos so far, it seems more like dishes inspired by Disney characters more than replicating things in the parks

I'm gonna throw a hand-grenade here, but Pot Bellies is superior to Earl of Sandwich, and their Italian comes with Giardiniera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter