News Round Up 2017

I really think Disney should add another Star Wars section to the magic kingdom after galaxies edge is up and running for a few years. Use one of those games expansion pads beyond the railroad track, and tie it in with the original trilogy (preferably)

What they're building sure does give off a "punt" vibe...

Too streamlined...to much to give a "taste"...not willing to commit to anything...

Kinda like a movie, huh?

No velocity? No dedicated kids area?

...seems like something that should have been worked in...that's just me.

By making it for "everybody"...it could easily be for nobody.

Hoping for the best.

Just recreate the shire from the movie and I’m there. Give me the prancing pony, and I’d drop major coin. I guess some rides would be cool too.

If they're gonna only build sims...then at least give me the charge of the rohirrim...

Two of the greatest charge scenes of the last 40 years and something everybody loves and they just refuse to put into movies now...

...as in...could use a good one in some upcoming sci-fi movies...you know?

What they're building sure does give off a "punt" vibe...

Too streamlined...to much to give a "taste"...not willing to commit to anything...

Kinda like a movie, huh?

No velocity? No dedicated kids area?

...seems like something that should have been worked in...that's just me.

By making it for "everybody"...it could easily be for nobody.

Hoping for the best.
Eh I’m not judging it until I see the final product. I know you have your reservations, but I’m expecting it to be well done

If they're gonna only build sims...then at least give me the charge of the rohirrim...

Two of the greatest charge scenes of the last 40 years and something everybody loves and they just refuse to put into movies now...

...as in...could use a good one in some upcoming sci-fi movies...you know?

You and me both. When the Rohirrim charge the Haradrim on the Oliphants, that might be one of the greatest cavalry charges in cinema. Jackson did such a great job shooting the Rohirrim sequences. They had around 200 live horses and riders for that first charge against the goblins.

When you get down to it, there are so many iconic images and scenes in the LotR, what one could do with a theme park staggers the imagination (Charlie Brown quote there).

Eh I’m not judging it until I see the final product. I know you have your reservations, but I’m expecting it to be well done
That's the standard response..."well done"

That's not much of a question...it won't be done cheaply...that's "well done"

But I think that's a wide chasm between "well done" and what a land "should be"

I think on a cornerstone franchise...unlike avatar...you have to strive for the LATTER...and I don't get that vibe now...

Hopefully I'm wrong here (but...if you look at the emerging/raging debates about the appropriateness of Disney's trend to sell "parts of Days" in tickets...I have too little self doubt since I was on THAT page 5 years ago...)

...but I think they probably should have done a "pod" system where they built in 3 phases...

...the approach is too catered to disneylands land problems...and by the buildout, they're gonna miss the first 4-5 movies and who knows what ground the IP will be on by then?

...we'll see.

That's the standard response..."well done"

That's not much of a question...it won't be done cheaply...that's "well done"

But I think that's a wide chasm between "well done" and what a land "should be"

I think on a cornerstone franchise...unlike avatar...you have to strive for the LATTER...and I don't get that vibe now...

Hopefully I'm wrong here (but...if you look at the emerging/raging debates about the appropriateness of Disney's trend to sell "parts of Days" in tickets...I have too little self doubt since I was on THAT page 5 years ago...)

...but I think they probably should have done a "pod" system where they built in 3 phases...

...the approach is too catered to disneylands land problems...and by the buildout, they're gonna miss the first 4-5 movies and who knows what ground the IP will be on by then?

...we'll see.
The thing I 100% agree with you on the galaxys edge discussion is the geography of the orlando one. It absolutely should be way bigger, given the crowds they attract down there.

Also my definition of “well done” is great theming and rides. Although that is a blanket term that I and most everyone else uses. It probably can be attributed to the context of the land. As you mentioned “well done” for avatar is different than “well done” for Star Wars. Because I do believe that avatar is well done. But I’m hoping that they give us more things to do in galaxys edge (I think it needed an additional ride or two myself). As you said, we’ll see

Disney's 'Prince Charming' Sets Writer-Director Stephen Chbosky

The writer-director will pen, with an eye to helm, Prince Charming, the studio’s reimagined take on the fairy and folk tale trope.

The movie reunites Chbosky with David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films/TV, who produced Wonder. Hoberman and Lieberman are producing Prince Charming along with Tripp Vinson.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ky-set-tackle-disneys-prince-charming-1058657

I don't think Disney is going to after Lord of the rings. Avatar hasn't quite been the home run they hoped, and with star wars not yet truly tapped and marvel IPs still available to Florida, I don't think it happens.

And enough with the football (cause my team sucks).

I don't think Disney is going to after Lord of the rings. Avatar hasn't quite been the home run they hoped, and with star wars not yet truly tapped and marvel IPs still available to Florida, I don't think it happens.

And enough with the football (cause my team sucks).

I don't think we were really suggesting that...

...but if you were the world's largest media company, with land and itching to build...then I think that might be interesting...

Disney's 'Prince Charming' Sets Writer-Director Stephen Chbosky

The writer-director will pen, with an eye to helm, Prince Charming, the studio’s reimagined take on the fairy and folk tale trope.

The movie reunites Chbosky with David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films/TV, who produced Wonder. Hoberman and Lieberman are producing Prince Charming along with Tripp Vinson.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ky-set-tackle-disneys-prince-charming-1058657

So let me get this straight...we need live action reboots of bit characters?

I don't know about theme park attractions, but I am interested in future movies/TV shows about the property. I am a Tolkien devotee, and find the fantasy books to be iconic in that genre. As far as the movies go, I loved the Lord of the Rings movies. The Hobbit....not so much. If there were ways to stay devoted to the source material, a Beren and Luthien movie would be incredible.

Back to the theme park question, I wouldn't be surprised if UNI went after that. Imagine JK Rowling's world alongside Middle Earth. That gives one pause for thought. I wonder if Disney would be down with that happening...

See, I’d MUCH rather have a land than a show. I’m watching Amazon’s plans for a LotR show with a lot of nervousness... the Hobbit movies were enough for me to feel we should leave well enough alone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter