My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Thanks for the pics from everyone. I am going to DL in Jan with my dd2 and ds3. Got really cheap plane tickets. Figured if dh and ds9 could go skiing then I can go to dl. This will be a real budget trip but if anyone could recomend any place to eat that is a must I really would appreciate it. First timer here and I can't wait. I absolutely love chocolate so after looking at all the pics I know I am gonna be in heaven.

Looks like I am watching what I eat here at home for a few months to get into my size 10 jeans real comfortable then I'll go to DL and gain it all back. the food pictures were great, I guess I should learn how to post pics so I can do the same :santa:

I made a separate thread with this, but didn't get much response. So I'll post the question here. I'll be in the parks this weekend and am willing to eat where ever you would like to see pictures of. I've already gotten Bengal Barbecue and the turkey legs. Anything else you'd like to see?

got2travel said:
I made a separate thread with this, but didn't get much response. So I'll post the question here. I'll be in the parks this weekend and am willing to eat where ever you would like to see pictures of. I've already gotten Bengal Barbecue and the turkey legs. Anything else you'd like to see?

Actually I'd love to see pictures of any of the foods...whatever you feel like eating!

got2travel said:
Good pics at the bakery's of all the yummies there would be great!

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I just got back from Disneyland a few days ago and we took pictures of all our food to share with you! I hope this post works because I've never posted photos before...but here goes!

We had breakfast one morning at Carnation Cafe. It was our EE day...we spent an hour riding almost everything in FantasyLand and then our caffeine addiction led us back to Main Street. We got in just in time...there were only a couple of tables left, and halfway through our meal, we noticed a line of people waiting to get in.

This breakfast was memorable for two reasons. First of all, the food was absolutely delicious. We both wanted bigger stomachs so we could eat it all. However, we both have issues with our digestive system, and the rich food upset both of us...so I'd suggest being careful here if rich food is upsetting to your system.

My BF had Oscar's Choice-The Cafe Scramble and I had the Apple Pancakes.

47b6cf24b3127cce8e248aaa6b2400000016100Gat2jRkyYi

47b6cf24b3127cce8e248afe6b7000000016100Gat2jRkyYi

Looks like my last post worked! YAY!

On our first day at Disneyland, we had lunch at the French Market in New Orleans Square. It was a Wednesday, and not crowded at all in the park, but we went at peak time for lunch and we had to wait 10-15 minutes in line.

My boyfriend ordered one of the special entrees that they had for the Haunted Mansion Holiday/Nightmare Before Christmas theming. It was called Sally's Seared Chicken. I guess he was feeling adventurous, because I looked at it and it sounded gross. He didn't end up liking it and neither did I. It was chicken with vanilla sauce on it (UGH) and rice and bread that was baked into a bone shape! I had the Beef Stew in the bread bowl. It was a tad salty for me, but otherwise was good. Our shared dessert was a Pumpkin Pie Tart...can you say YUMMY? Oh, it was soooo good!

47b6cf24b3127cce8e248a906b1e00000016100Gat2jRkyYi

47b6cf24b3127cce8e248ae7ea5900000016100Gat2jRkyYi

We stopped at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street one evening to get sweets. The line was long, but moved fairly quickly. I picked out the Mickey Pumpkin Cookie and I think my boyfriend got a Cinnamon Twist.

Well, the cookie tasted nothing like I imagined. I thought it was a pumpkin-flavored cookie with some chocolate on it. It turned out to be an absolutely tasteless cookie (it wasn't even sweet!) in the shape of a pumpkin with Mickey on it in white chocolate. Very, very disappointing. My BF didn't like his Cinnamon Twist either...it was very dry and not very flavorful. We were so bummed out. I guess we picked out the wrong things. UGH!

Here's a pic of my cookie...at least it's cute!

47b6cf24b3127cce8e248ad9ea6700000016100Gat2jRkyYi

This was a budget trip for us, so we weren't planning to eat at Blue Bayou. But, after looking at the menu on the first day, as well as seeing the restaurant from the Pirates ride, we both decided we wanted to eat there!

We made PS arrangements for lunch on our last day there.

Overall, our BB experience was awesome. They got us seated right on time. We had a good table...we could see the ride from where we sat. Probably the only downside was that our waiter was not very friendly. He barely said anything to us and didn't smile. Other waiters seemed a lot nicer and more Disney-like. But, our guy was efficient...we got what we wanted/needed in a very timely manner.

I loved the Wedge Salad that we got before the entree. My BF thought it was okay, but he's not big on vinaigrette dressing. He's a Ranch kind of guy.

I got the Port Royal Mahi Mahi which was very, very good. It had two shrimp on top of it. I wish there was a tad more fish or shrimp and less lettuce, but it was wonderful nonetheless.

My BF got the Molasses-Brined Bayou Pork Chop. It was absolutely delicious. The potatoes on the side are very rich, though. Good, but rich.

For dessert, we shared the Tortuga Trio of Creme Brulee. YUM!!!!

All in all, BB is top-notch. We'll definitely eat there the next time we go to DLR!!

Wedge Salad
47b6cf24b3127cce8e248a8bea3500000016100Gat2jRkyYi

PR Mahi Mahi
47b6cf24b3127cce8e248aadea1300000016100Gat2jRkyYi

M-B B Pork Chop
47b6cf24b3127cce8e248a05eabb00000016100Gat2jRkyYi

TT of Creme Brulee
47b6cf24b3127cce8e248a9a6b1400000016100Gat2jRkyYi

Okay, we also ate at Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. I read some mixed reviews here, so we went in not expecting anything spectacular. We just wanted something quick before the parade.

I ordered the Countdown Chicken Fusilli. I thought it was wonderful. I love cream sauces. It was a tasty, affordable entree. My BF got the Meatballs Mars-inara. The meatballs were not very good at all, but the sauce was tasty. I think he liked my fusilli better, though!

Chicken Fusilli
47b6cf24b3127cce8e24f6d3ea5300000016100Gat2jRkyYi

Mars-inara
47b6cf24b3127cce8e24f6d5ea5500000016100Gat2jRkyYi

That Creme Brulee looks sooooo good. Is that a choc treasure chest with a biscotti with it? I think I really gotta talk DH in to eating here, especially since I now know about the $5 split plate charge. :)

The creme brulee was excellent. You get three different flavors - the largest is the vanilla bean (basically regular creme brulee) and the other two are chocolate and passion fruit.

The treasure chest is considered edible, but it is hard as a rock and I think you'd break some teeth trying to eat it! We brought it home as a souvenir. The waiter basically said don't get it wet and it will be just fine.

The cookies were Brittany cookies, and we didn't think they were that great. They were okay. But, the creme brulee was amazing!

mikayla73 said:
That Creme Brulee looks sooooo good. Is that a choc treasure chest with a biscotti with it? I think I really gotta talk DH in to eating here, especially since I now know about the $5 split plate charge. :)

LeeLeeLuvsDisney said:
Okay, we also ate at Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. I read some mixed reviews here, so we went in not expecting anything spectacular. We just wanted something quick before the parade.

I ordered the Countdown Chicken Fusilli. I thought it was wonderful. I love cream sauces. It was a tasty, affordable entree. My BF got the Meatballs Mars-inara. The meatballs were not very good at all, but the sauce was tasty. I think he liked my fusilli better, though!

Chicken Fusilli
47b6cf24b3127cce8e24f6d3ea5300000016100Gat2jRkyYi

Mars-inara

Oooh, I had this at DCA once at Pizza Oom Mow Mow. Same pasta and it was pretty good :)

Here are a few photos of our meal at Carnation Cafe last week. We had the Kid's Mac & Cheese, Loaded Baked Potato Soup and the Smoked Turkey Sandwich with a cup of soup.

The soup was really, really good and I really recomend ordeirng it! DH said his sandwich was good too. DS didn't eat much of the macaroni but DD liked it.

ec2cf468.jpg

ec28de92.jpg

ec2cf2f4.jpg

We ate dinner at Rancho on Wednesday night. The 4 of us (DS is 3 & DD is 1) shared one plateful of food and we were stuffed. We had the Red Chile Enchiladas. The plate came with 4 enchiladas, rice, beans, lettuce, guacamole and sour cream. I believe it was $9 or $10 for everything.

Sorry the pictures is a bit blurry....
ec2cf252.jpg

Thursday morning we had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. It was great. We had PS at 7am so we got in and out before the crowds arrived.

Here is a picture of DS's breakfast.

ec28d5d9.jpg

DD celebrated her birthday so they brought her a cute cupcake and sang to her. The cupcake tasted pretty good too.

ec28d460.jpg

We thought the food was excellent. Very comparable to what you would find at a nice hotel buffet. We had eggs benedict, yummy bacon, good coffee and lots and lots of pastries & desserts. We would definitely go here again.

The characters consisted of: Baloo, Goofy, Pluto, Alice, Chip & Dale and Peter Pan.

Here are a few pictures from the Birthday Party at the Plaza Inn. The CM's that worked this event were AWESOME!!! They made it really fun, all wore party hats just like the "guests" and were very enthusiastic. I definitely recomend this. Mickey & Minnie came out at the end for photos.

BTW, at the end of the party, they give everyone take out containers and bags to take their cake home in case you don't want to eat it there.

ec2cee9f.jpg

ec2ced8d.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter