My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

snowman_marshmallow.jpg
-

-Snowmen Marshmallow Kabobs from Marceline's Confectionery-

Those marshamallows are so cute. I might just have to give up my Tigger Tail this trip so that I can get one of those instead.

I've seen lots of yummy things here on this thread, popcorn::
but does anybody have pics of the menus?
More specifically, menus with prices listed.
Trying to get a firmer budget in hand.......
thanks!

This thread is great! I don't have any pictures of food from past trips, but I promise to take alot next weekend!
I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of Goofy's Kitchen? We are eating there next Saturday and I am soo curious about the food! :bitelip:

We are going to Goofy's Kitchen this evening before the Halloween Treat. I will try to get some pictures for you.

Spike said:
We are going to Goofy's Kitchen this evening before the Halloween Treat. I will try to get some pictures for you.

:cool1: Thank you!!

Everyone dances with Goofy and all the characters there. We had the following stop by our table, Goofy (of couse it his place after all), Chip, Dale, Gepetto (sp?), Snow White, Cinderella, and Pluto was hanging around the entrance. Every character spends a good deal of time with everyone at the table, not just the kids.
P1013716.jpg

P1013736.jpg

P1013757.jpg

The boys food.
P1013718.jpg

M'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm jello.
P1013719.jpg

My plate, a tad out of focus but you can kind of get the idea.
P1013752.jpg

We like to take the neice and nephew here when they come to visit but (and don't let this get you down or anything, in my opinion they have a much better breakfast than dinner.

Thanks for posting those pictures!!! And we are eating breakfast there!
:goodvibes
This place looks really fun, it will be my first character dining experience. Only a few more days!!! :cool1:

Great photos!!

Thank you so much for going to the trouble of taking the pictures and posting....it really builds the anticapation!!

We will be there for breakfast on Nov 2nd!!

Hello everyone!

It's already quite some time since I'm back from my last Disneyland-trip (it was in August 2006), and I still haven't had the time to write the trip report. Heck, I haven't even finished my WDW trip report from May ;)

But, as I went through my pictures yesterday (yes, it took me THAT long before I finally looked at part of my pictures), I saw all those pictures from all that delicious food, and I just HAD to post them.

I am not going to do reviews as some people do on the WDW dining review threads. My English doesn't consist of all the correct adjectives to describe the food. In short, everything we ate was delicious!!!!!

OK, here we go!

We started the day at the Main Street bakery, where I had a giant cinammon roll and my mom had a chocolate croissant. We also both had orange juice.
I just LOVE the huge cinammon rolls :cool1:

Picture004.jpg

During the day, we had a Dole whip (no picture of that one), and at 5 pm, we had dinner reservations at the Blue Bayou.
We arrived a little early, asked for a water front table, and were told that that would be a slightly longer wait, probably around 20 minutes. Well, I could deal with that! My mom and I took place in the waiting area (they need more benches there) and about 10 minutes later we were called.
We got the one-but-last table at the "right" side from the restarant, in front of the little house in the attraction.
Before I show you the pictures of the food, I have to tell this: about two boats came by our table, and then the ride broke down!!!! One part of me was sad, because I would have loved to wave at the people :wave2: , but another part of me was happy, because I don't like when people "stare" into my plate. I do it all the time when I'm on the ride :blush: , so...

On the table was a little roll for each, and some butter. Upon request, they brought us extra rolls. I know many Americans have problems with there not being a large amount of bread to eat, but as a European, I am used to this, so we had no problems with it. Also, it kind of prevented us from eating too much.
Yes, I know we were on vacation, and you are supposed to indulge on vacation, but I had managed to loose about 20 pounds before we left on vacation, and I didn't want to gain those back.
For the record: I gained about 5 pounds during the whole three weeks of our vacation, and I managed to get those 5 pounds off again, just as about 10 additional ones :cheer2:

OK, here is the bread:

Picture064.jpg

I have always wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou, and never got the chance for it while in Disneyland. At Disneyland Paris, I never went, because I really don't like the menu. So, it was a "now or never" moment for me. But... I thought it was rather pricey... So, my mom and I ordered 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert, and split it. It was the first time ever we really split something in the US. It's something you're not supposed to do over here, and we were not really comfortable with it at the beginning. But in the end, we often did it. :thumbsup2

My mom and I each had 1/2 of the crab cakes, a salad each, 1/2 of the Buccaneer short ribs and 1/2 of the cookie boat dessert, and we were FULL. I am glad we didn't order each all that, there was no way we could have eaten it all. And that is after running around the park for a whole morning and afternoon, with just a light breakfast and a Dole whip! And yes, we are big eaters :rotfl: They do serve large portions.

And here are finally the pictures:

The wedge salad (one for each, is covered in the split plate charge):

Picture065.jpg

The crab cakes:

Picture066.jpg

The Buccaneer short ribs, with Blue Bayou potatoes and vegetables:
(note: this is only 1/2 of the portion, my mom received a plate with the same amount of food)

Picture076.jpg

And finally: The Flying Dutchman cookie boat:

Picture078.jpg

We drank Diet Coke with our meal.
By the time it was time to pay, our server couldn't be found. IT was rather confusing, apparantly, nobody seemed to be able to help us! It made me rather nervous at some point, because I wanted to catch the parade or some show or so (don't remember exactly what).
In the end, we were able to pay, and they also gave us another keepsake sugar-thing from another dessert. It was some sort of a large coin. I thought that was rather nice of them!

I realy liked at this restaurant that they never rushed us through the meal, as they sometimes do at the US. I am European, I need my time to eat! :rotfl:

We started the day with breakfast at the hotel (Park Vue Inn), sorry, no pictures from that.

For this morning, we had made reservations for the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour. With this tour, lunch was included, and the best thing: it was served on the patio at the Disney Gallery, which was such a beautiful and quiet place to eat!

My mom and I both had the same thing: Cobb Salad, Diet Coke and Walt's favorite cheese cake.
I liked it a lot, my Mom didn't because she doesn't really likes salad. I still wonder why she ordered it... :confused3

Picture138.jpg

Picture143.jpg

In the afternoon, we spent some time in the bar above Ariel's Grotto at DCA (what is it called??? The Cove or something like that, I think... )
My mom had a Diet Coke and I had the Malibu sunshine (or something like it, don't remember exactly), without the Banana cream. Service was rather lousy. It took forever before they took our order, it took forever to get the drinks, and they forgot the crab cakes we ordered!
But, we were sitting next to a table of men, and they had a lot of fun, and we had a lot of fun with them having fun. In the end, we started a converstaion, and it was really nice talking to them.
I really enjoyed just sitting there and peoplewatching the people on the "Boardwalk". I think it's a sign I'm getting older; before I wanted to do as much rides as possible, now I really enjoy sitting and "breathing the environment". :rolleyes1

Picture231.jpg

In the evening, we went to Pacific Wharf Cafe, and both had a bread bowl with clam chowder. I absolutely LOVE that!!!!

Picture241.jpg

Today, we started the day with breakfast at the River Belle Terrace, because I needed my Mickey Mouse pancakes!

We both ordered Mickey Mouse pancakes with orange juice, and after that I went back and ordered an order of regular pancakes. They were delicious!
Next to them being that good, I love the nice and calm seating outside, watching the Matk Twain going on its morning run. I can understand why Walt loved to have brunch here on Sunday!

Picture265.jpg

Picture268.jpg

In the afternoon, we both had a Steam 'n' Chocolate at Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream at DCA. Mine was very good, my mom's wasn't. There was something wrong with the warm chocolate cake in hers, I guess it had been too long in the microwave/ oven to warm it up. When I went back to complain about it, they gave her another one.

Picture282.jpg

In the evening, we went to the Princess dinner at Ariel's Grotto. I think the food was very good, the view is the best, but the princess visits are rushed. They weren't only rushed at our table (two adults), but at each table!!

We both ordered the salad and the chicken pot pie. I had the peach cobbler as dessert, and my mom had something with apples. No pictures from the desserts, sorry.

Bread at the princess dinner:

Picture292.jpg

Salad at the princess dinner:

Picture297.jpg

Chicken pot pie:

Picture307.jpg

We started the day with Minnie's Breakfast at the Plaza restaurant. Sorry, no pictures of the food.

In the afternoon, we both had a Dole whip float while enjoying a Tiki Room performance.

Picture457.jpg

I have no idea what we had for dinner that evening, no pictures... :confused3
It might be possible we didn't have anything... because we were still stuffed from the breakfast. Yes, we did act like pigs and ate way too much, lol!

We started the day with breakfast at the hotel, no pictures.

No idea what we had during the day, no pictures.

At 5 pm, we had dinner reservations at Cafe Orleans.

I ordered the Monte Christo:

Picture485.jpg

My mom ordered the crab salad sandwich:

Picture486.jpg

We both ate half of each sandwich. By the way, the Monte Christo is not THAT big, I could have eaten it all by myself without feeling stuffed!

After the sandwiches, we split an order of Mickey beignets:

Picture487.jpg

And that was the Disney-part of our vacation!

Fantastic pictures, I am feeling very hungry now, will definitely be trying some of those Mickey Pan cakes.

I am planning to have some of those pictures printd in poster-size, and hang them above my bed... :rolleyes1:
I LOVE Disney food! :)

:goodvibes: Oh I can't wait I love Disney food.
That sounds just like the typical pirates always breaking down :rotfl2:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter