Keeping an eye on Helene

We are here until Friday, with mnsshp Thursday night. Yikes
We may get cancelled out of MNSSHP. Time will tell...I'm doing Epcot Weds for F&W, then MNSSHP Thursday. Not sure they would comp me a ticket for a sold out Sunday party if it happens. Just read that Helene could be the strongest storm to hit the US in 2024. Yay?

I was just about to recommend following Denis, too! He's the best and updates really often.
He’s so down to earth, and keeps it real. He even follows my son on instagram. But what I like the best is that he is very factual and no hype. I don’t panic til Denis panicks. Rule #7.

Currently SW only has Tues & Weds Cancun and Havana listed for travel advisories. I am also flying in to MCO early Wednesday, around 9:30 Am and am not expecting trouble. Staying positive! It's still too early to know where it will end up going.

Packing extra clothes and shoes in case of a few drenchings.
We get at 10 AM on Wednesday. Hopefully they won't close until late Wednesday if anything

I’ve made 1 stupid decision and am trying to not make any more lol. There are only 2 nonstop flights a day from our airport to MCO. Last night I paid $$$ to move us from the late Thursday to early Thursday flight because at the time they thought the storm would hit Thursday night or Friday. Now I’m eyeing the Thursday night or Friday morning flights to try to salvage the trip from a hurricane that does not yet exist smh. I’ll hold off and call Disney tomorrow. If they are willing to give me a trip credit to move us to November I’ll do that, otherwise will be tempted to keep playing with our flights.

Here's the latest guesstimated track. It really doesn't mean much at the moment and things won't tighten up until probably tomorrow night. We're in north eastern Polk county and so far not much. Remember the "dirty" side of the storm can throw off tornados. Anyway, for what it's worth at the moment:
1000003694.jpg

I get the sense this will have landfall almost to the exact same spot as Debby did (Steinhatchee). And I suspect Cedar Key will get flooded yet again. I feel so bad for that little town; it's such a gem.

We get at 10 AM on Wednesday. Hopefully they won't close until late Wednesday if anything
us too.
We are schedule for thursday's MNSSHP. So we'll see what happens.
I'm assuming WDW will wait until the last minute to decide whether to cancel it.
Either way, I'm glad we'll be at Wilderness lodge to ride out the storm.

Just got an email from SW that my flight tomorrow may be impacted and they are watching things. It's 6:55 AM out of DCA, it may be raining here but I don't expect much of an issue, all the SW planes are usually at the gates already for the first flights out. SW did update their travel advisory to most airports from Ft Myers north.

us too.
We are schedule for thursday's MNSSHP. So we'll see what happens.
I'm assuming WDW will wait until the last minute to decide whether to cancel it.
Either way, I'm glad we'll be at Wilderness lodge to ride out the storm.
I've got a late lunch scheduled at Whispering Canyon before the party. Agree Disney will probably not call it off early. I may be riding out part of the storm there also!

Just got an email from SW that my flight tomorrow may be impacted and they are watching things. It's 6:55 AM out of DCA, it may be raining here but I don't expect much of an issue, all the SW planes are usually at the gates already for the first flights out. SW did update their travel advisory to most airports from Ft Myers north.

I've got a late lunch scheduled at Whispering Canyon before the party. Agree Disney will probably not call it off early. I may be riding out part of the storm there also!
yeah, I wouldn't worry about your flight. We're leaving out of Philly at 7:30am and don't expect any issues with getting out.

Maybe we'll see you around the lodge!

We are flying down Wednesday afternoon. This is my grandgirls' first Disney trip, and it's a surprise! It's also my daughter-in-law's first trip. We have tickets to the Thursday party. :/ But! We've already been Pixi dusted with an awesome upgrade, and we are going to make the best of it! Hopefully we'll just get wet and have a blast! It's been 2 years since my last visit & I am excited and grateful to be going back!
I rode SDMT in the pouring rain once. Hadn’t laughed that hard in years.

yeah, I wouldn't worry about your flight. We're leaving out of Philly at 7:30am and don't expect any issues with getting out.

Maybe we'll see you around the lodge!
I feel like they usually do pretty broad advisories to be safe. We leave at 6:40, get in at 10 AM so I feel like we are pretty safe for now. Looks like some storms tomorrow afternoon as of now

I’ve made 1 stupid decision and am trying to not make any more lol. There are only 2 nonstop flights a day from our airport to MCO. Last night I paid $$$ to move us from the late Thursday to early Thursday flight because at the time they thought the storm would hit Thursday night or Friday. Now I’m eyeing the Thursday night or Friday morning flights to try to salvage the trip from a hurricane that does not yet exist smh. I’ll hold off and call Disney tomorrow. If they are willing to give me a trip credit to move us to November I’ll do that, otherwise will be tempted to keep playing with our flights.
We are landing Thursday as well at 11:30. Ah I so hate this and am really trying to keep perspective (this is a vacation and others have to worry about their homes, safety and livelihood) but needless to say I'm still an anxious mess. Husband doesn't want to try to fly out Wed

For those flying Delta they have waived change fees for certain dates and airports as a result of the storm. Notably though MCO is not included in the waiver so apparently they don't expect the storm to affect the Orlando area.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest