June 2018 Car rental thread

Just wanted to extend a big :thanks: and say that :disrocks: because thanks to all of your recent posts about saving extra $$ on your upcoming car rentals, I got the price dropped from $249 to $142 for a week's car rental with Budget through Costco Travel! party:

I made the first Costco Travel car rental reservation a couple of months ago. At the time, it was a good deal...$249.14 for a Saturday to Saturday and it included a free day plus up to 30% off of the Budget rental car base rates (plus I have 1 of those Budget Fast Break memberships). Then I saw the updates on this thread last night and this morning and even though we're leaving for WDW this Saturday, I thought, "Hm, I'll just go look to see if I can save us any extra $$."

And OMG! More than $100 cheaper! You guys are awesome. Seriously. Thank you thank you thank you!

My $208 last night is now $241. (mid SUV June 28-July 5, Alamo Costco). Will keep checking!

ALSO: I book thru the Costco site, and they DO ask for your Costco ID #. It is nice to do it thru their site because it is easy to find your paperwork, and easy to cancel prior reservations. Clearly they intend the discounts to be only for Costco members, but there seems to be little enforcement of this. Irks us actual members slightly, but I used to use random codes I found on this board all the time, too, confession time, haha. So not my concern.

I also do go into the alamo site to print the paperwork to Skip the Counter.

I pick up my rental in just over 24 hours and the price dropped another $5. I didn't rebook for only $5 but it definitely paid off to keep checking!!!
What will I do with all my free time after this trip?! :)

What I do is the day before I leave, when I have the lowest price possible, I go to Priceline and see if I can get a lower rate.

My Alamo rental for June 13-20 just dropped another 30 bucks today. I'm down to $139 for the week. Glad I thought to check this morning!

still checking my rate, saved another $7. No big drops but we are getting little drops regularly. We leave in 10 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter