June 2018 Car rental thread

Pembo

OH-IO
Searched the boards, but didn't see one.

Rates are HIGH!!! We often travel to FL in June and the best rate I'm seeing is over $300 for an economy car. Hope these rates come down.

Shouldn’t these rates become lower before June? This will be our 7th trip renting a car at MCO and this is the highest I’ve experienced!☹️

We got a mini van for $283 from the Hilton. Try picking up at a different location other than MCO. A standard car for our dates shows $210. Economy car is $182.

Booked through Costco a few weeks ago. Alamo Standard June 22-July 1 for $274.61. Hoping this comes down. We're staying offsite for the first time so rental car is a necessity.

Rented a mini van for 8 days for 363.00 at the double tree across from universal - first part of the trip is universal and really couldn’t see paying over 650.00 to rent from the airport since the car would just sit at the universal resort and they charge 22.00 a night for parking. After going over the numbers it would be cheaper to take a taxi from the airport to universal and pick up the rental when I move to Disney

Trying to see if it is worth it to rent a car or do uber/taxis for the week, going down in June...anyone have any experience with both to compare?

Rates are high, but better than what I’m getting for my late April/early May trip. Heck even my February rental is outrageous. For June we are a party of 8, so pretty much looking at 2 cars now. Anyone hoping for a better rate as the time gets closer, take my advice and book what’s comfortable, because I’m still watching for an early feb rental and it’s not happening. I’m now using a free day to drive to the resort, picking up a car later in the trip from cc center to drive to the port. However, I only now use Alamo and national. I’ve done the other companies in the past, but now use Alamo and national exclusively, so willing to pay a little more.

My rate dropped a whole $4.00 today. :) Fingers crossed for more significant savings in the weeks ahead...

What is the Costco promo code that works for renting cars this summer? I am a member, but I don't know what codes people are using.

Booked through Costco a few weeks ago. Alamo Standard June 22-July 1 for $274.61. Hoping this comes down. We're staying offsite for the first time so rental car is a necessity.
What is the Costco promo code? I am a member but I don't know the code to put in.

Not sure if this provides a better deal for anybody:

New!Get 10% off at Alamo. Valid on all car classes. 5 day minimum, 27 day maximum rental period. Saturday overnight keep required, subject to availability. Use contract ID 10% OFF PROJECT TIME OFF. Reserve by 2/6/18, valid for travel 3/1/18 – 8/31/18.

Subscribing. Prices do seem high right now, but I suppose it is time to book the back-up reservation through Costco!

Just booked a standard car from Budget for June 13-20 for $228 including taxes. Hoping something better will come along!

I booked a standard car from Budget through Costco for 6/13-6/23 for $310 awhile ago. Still waiting for prices to come down.

Rented a mini van for 8 days for 363.00 at the double tree across from universal - first part of the trip is universal and really couldn’t see paying over 650.00 to rent from the airport since the car would just sit at the universal resort and they charge 22.00 a night for parking. After going over the numbers it would be cheaper to take a taxi from the airport to universal and pick up the rental when I move to Disney

Do you know if there is a rental car drop off location at Universal? We are thinking of a car rental for our first half of our stay to fly to Tampa and go to Clearwater, the drive to Orlando and stay at Disney a few days. I would like to keep the car the whole week but don't want to pay for parking at Universal! It would be nice to have it for our move to Universal, then return it that morning. We couldn't take the Mears shuttle to Universal since we will have luggage so we will either have to Uber or have a rental, but it doesn't make sense to pay for parking when you are staying at hte resort. That is crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!