June 2018 Car rental thread

Alamo rates are dropping. I got a minivan for two weeks in early June, picking up in Orlando and dropping in Miami for about 450.00 with all taxes/discounts. Started at 800 when I started researching in January.

I just booked through Hotwire- $224 for 9 days standard car June 14-22. They offered a $10 coupon on all rentals through tomorrow. I also used ebates which had a $15 bonus offer plus 4% so total will be about $200. I ended up with Alamo.

Alamo does not have as "standard" size cars- correct? It actually will be a full-size?

Alamo does not have as "standard" size cars- correct? It actually will be a full-size?

There is no standard vehicle aisle, so you pick from the full size aisle. But, some people on this Board state that while there is no standard row for vehicles doesn't necessarily mean there won't be some standard cars on the full size row. :confused3 If I booked for a full size and not a standard, I would probably protest that.

Just got my 9 day Alamo rental through Costco Travel down to $229 for an intermediate SUV! Dates are 6/7 -6/16. For some reason the intermediate SUV is cheaper than the standard. Pretty happy with this rate considering I started at over $300, although I'm sure I"ll keep checking!

Do you need a cosco membership to book through them? I thought I remembered reading that you didn’t, but I can’t see how to book without a membership number

Prices are coming down! Rebooked my Standard SUV Budget rental (MCO) with $25 dollars off $125 code MUWZ094 for 6/29-7/7 for $348.65. First time I reserved it was $524.04.

Do you need a cosco membership to book through them? I thought I remembered reading that you didn’t, but I can’t see how to book without a membership number

I do believe you need access to a membership. Do you know anybody with a card? I don't have a membership myself, but have been able to do it through a family member. I've never been asked for a card, but if asked, I've always planned to be honest and tell them that a family member booked it for me.

My Alamo rate also went down $57. I got $321 for 11+ days or $28.66 a day for a midsize SUV. I used Costco Contract ID 7016427 and coupon code AD3868JST ($25 off specialty) I locked it in today and printed off my Skip the Counter ticket. Plus I'm arriving by 9am so I'm betting there will be a larger SUV or minivan in my row. I'm done, that's it...planning for this trip is finally done :woohoo: 13 days until go time.

Last edited:
When you book the reservation there is a spot for the membership number. It doesn't require you to fill it in. Once you make your reservation your on screen confirmation will have a link for "Online Check-In". Once you complete that it will give you an on screen link for "Skip The Counter." That's where you will add your credit card info (can't be a debit card). At the end of that you will get an on screen confirmation for "Skip the Counter" ticket. You must print this and present it at the gate when you drive out of the garage. The only other thing they ask for besides this ticket is your valid drivers license and the credit card you made the reservation with. They don't care whether you shop at Costco or not. Quite honestly, even if you book it directly from Costco's website they don't ask you for a member number. But, I usually just go straight to Alamo site and enter Costco codes.

My Alamo rate just dropped another $20 for the end of June. I currently have two bookings (one for an SUV and one for free upgrade full size)...I'm hoping the SUV keeps dropping.

Coupon: AU2291VYT (free upgrade)
Contract ID: 7016220 (Orlando MagicCard)

Anther drop for us...FINALLY. We're still nowhere near what we've been able to get in the past, but it's still improving. We're now down to $183.25 for an intermediate SUV for a full week with Budget, through Costco, for early June.

I hope somebody else can benefit from the drop also!

Using Costco...mini van June 6-12...Avis down to $214!!!

just reran numbers for my june rental with Hertz and saved another $21.35. This is the second time I've gotten a slight savings since booking. I'll take it. Will keep checking until we leave in 2 weeks!

My Alamo rate also went down $57. I got $321 for 11+ days or $28.66 a day for a midsize SUV. I used Costco Contract ID 7016427 and coupon code AD3868JST ($25 off specialty) I locked it in today and printed off my Skip the Counter ticket. Plus I'm arriving by 9am so I'm betting there will be a larger SUV or minivan in my row. I'm done, that's it...planning for this trip is finally done :woohoo: 13 days until go time.

Did you try Coupon Code AD2365FDN and Contract ID 7016136?

Costco finally dropped for us. June 28 to July 5, $208 for a intermediate-sized SUV. Actually a little less than the mid size car. I was not even going to rent a car but now I guess I will.....

If you book on the Costco web sight it will require you to sign into your Costco Members Only travel acct. which requires a membership number to sign into.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter