Joanne and Paul's VR - 4th May 2011

Stunning beach photos Joanne, as ever, you both look blissfully happy.

Thank you for the tip off with the rhinestone seller on etsy. I have ordered one!

Lovely beach photos.

Yay!! More pictures are up!!!

The beach pictures are beautiful Joanne, you were radiant! I never even noticed Paul's boot issue. Thanks so much for the compliments, your words brought tears to my eyes. :hug:

Hi Joanne-
Just got done reading the latest installment. I must say, that you must be one COOOOL cucumber because as hot as it was I can't believe you don't LOOK hot at all! I would have been a big ol' hot sweaty mess! The beach pictures are simply lovely-I love the B&W shots!

Beautiful, Joanne! You look so relaxed and happy! :goodvibes

I love the beach photos.

Corinna

Gorgeous, gorgeous! I can't wait to see the group shots (why dreaded though?)

Stunning beach photos Joanne, as ever, you both look blissfully happy.

Thank you for the tip off with the rhinestone seller on etsy. I have ordered one!

Claire sweetie - Thank you so much!!

roxysmum - Thanks for following along!!

My sweet Mary - Arrgh the boot issue makes me so cross. Oh well, can't be helped!! Thanks for your compliments too!!

Stacy sweetie - I am flattered that you have visited all the way from the 'Creative DISigns' board!!! Thank you and I hope you will continue to follow along!!
Believe me, I was hot and sweaty and I think it is simply testament to Randy's talents that I don't look like I am melting!!

Amy sweetie - Thank you!! Oh how I miss you my friend!!

Corinna sweetie - Thanks Hun!!

Sweet Michelle - Why dreaded? I'll explain in the next installment!!

Claire sweetie - Thank you!! Your turn next!!

We were very hot by the time we made our way back into the lobby of the GF. I was so relieved to be inside again!! Here is a shot, which Emily's partner Craig took of me in that cool lobby, whilst we were waiting for Randy to set up the group shots

IMGP0482.jpg

So why are the group shots so 'dreaded'? Well, simply because I don't really like them at any wedding!! They never seem to come out particularly well for many reasons (IMHO). They are always taken towards the end of the photography session when everybody is fed up/bored/wanting a drink, and they have too many people in them. Inevitably somebody will be pulling a silly face!!! I feel that group shots are never the best photos at any wedding/VR and mine are no exception. Both mothers could not manage to look the slightest bit happy in them!!
But, of course, group photos we had to have, and so group photos we got!!

JP10015-4-11.jpg

JP10145-4-11.jpg

With my Mum

JP10155-4-11.jpg

With Paul's Mum

The children were getting very bored by now, and went off to watch cartoons. Craig took this shot as he thought it was hilarious that Henry had sat himself down on the kid's sofa.

IMGP0502.jpg

Randy took a few more on the stairs.

JP10205-4-11.jpg

JP10255-4-11.jpg

After we had finished with shots on the stairs, our guests all departed to Mizner's Bar to relax, have a well earned drink and listen to the band

IMGP0481.jpg

I was so happy that the band were playing, as I believe they only play at certain times of the day. Luckily, they were playing all through our cocktail hour at Mizner's, which made it all the more special!!

Randy took us up to the entrance to Citrico's for some shots. On the way he suggested we lean on the balcony so as he could take some pictures. It was hilarious as Paul (in those wretched cowboy boots!!) kept slipping forward on the shiny marble floor and we couldn't do anything for laughing!!

JP10395-4-11.jpg

Randy took us to the entrance to Citrico's to take some photos there. He caused havoc because the restaurant was now open and so the ornate, iron gates were wide open too. Randy wanted them shut for the photos and got a few disapproving looks from the cast when he shut them!!! Those gates make for pretty pictures though!!

JP17135-4-11.jpg

JP10595-4-11.jpg

JP10645-4-11.jpg

So after this we had to say goodbye to Randy. We were sad because we had had so much fun with him!!! Fortunately, we knew we were to work with him again on Monday for our Trash the Dress session.

DISCLAIMER:- Any photographs from this point in the trip report until the start of the report of the TTD session, are not taken by Randy Chapman and this will be obvious from the quality of these photos!!! :goodvibes

We finally made it to the cocktail hour, and although we only had about half an hour before dinner, it was so nice to get a cool drink and sit and relax with our guests!!
We do not have many photos from Mizner's (unfortunately) but here are a couple of two pretty girls enjoying their drinks!!

230830_10150128630962824_637182823_5709204_1311492_n.jpg

230830_10150128630957824_637182823_5709203_951728_n.jpg

Next up - Dinner and fireworks

Catching up again with your great TR and photos - Randy did such a great job with the beach shots - and the group photos are not bad at all:thumbsup2 We just returned from our trip and I hope our pics (taken by Disney Event Photography) turn out half as well......

Thanks - as always - for sharing .........:flower3:

Joanne, I'm still here! :wave2: I think your group photos are good! And your mums (I love that ... "mums" :goodvibes ) look happy in their individual photos with you and Paul. And I laughed at Henry on the tiny sofa ... I think all "big" boys find it irresistible because I have a photo from a couple years back of Travis sitting on it, too! ;)

I suppose that is the advantage of having a very small and intimate vow renewal, no group photos. I loved the photos on the stairs. They somehow look very regal.

Corinna

I know what you mean about group shots, Joanne. At our wedding we had 2/3 candid and 1/3 posed. The 1/3 was too much. Of that one third, we probably had ten group shots in all--again too many for me. We ended up buying one of dh's family but that was all. I hate,hate, hate having my pic taken, as does dh, so the posed shots were particularly painful. At our Vr, I expect it will be mostly candid, but I will have ds take at least one of all of us, I guess we must, for posterity. My dd, Evelyn sends:hug:

I know what you mean, we haven't got one good one, either people weren't looking, had eyes closed, hands were in pockets or weren't smiling.

Great shots! I really like the ones that he took from behind the gates to Citricos...so creative!

Lovely photos Joanne! :goodvibes hehe I wouldn't even have noticed the cowboy boots-shaped legs if you hadn't mentioned it! - it's great to see pictures of the Grand Floridian, now I've stayed there I can imagine exactly where your pictures were taken! :cutie:

Emma princess: x

Catching up again with your great TR and photos - Randy did such a great job with the beach shots - and the group photos are not bad at all:thumbsup2 We just returned from our trip and I hope our pics (taken by Disney Event Photography) turn out half as well......

Thanks - as always - for sharing .........:flower3:

Joanne, I'm still here! :wave2: I think your group photos are good! And your mums (I love that ... "mums" :goodvibes ) look happy in their individual photos with you and Paul. And I laughed at Henry on the tiny sofa ... I think all "big" boys find it irresistible because I have a photo from a couple years back of Travis sitting on it, too! ;)

I suppose that is the advantage of having a very small and intimate vow renewal, no group photos. I loved the photos on the stairs. They somehow look very regal.

Corinna

I know what you mean about group shots, Joanne. At our wedding we had 2/3 candid and 1/3 posed. The 1/3 was too much. Of that one third, we probably had ten group shots in all--again too many for me. We ended up buying one of dh's family but that was all. I hate,hate, hate having my pic taken, as does dh, so the posed shots were particularly painful. At our Vr, I expect it will be mostly candid, but I will have ds take at least one of all of us, I guess we must, for posterity. My dd, Evelyn sends:hug:

I know what you mean, we haven't got one good one, either people weren't looking, had eyes closed, hands were in pockets or weren't smiling.

Great shots! I really like the ones that he took from behind the gates to Citricos...so creative!

Lovely photos Joanne! :goodvibes hehe I wouldn't even have noticed the cowboy boots-shaped legs if you hadn't mentioned it! - it's great to see pictures of the Grand Floridian, now I've stayed there I can imagine exactly where your pictures were taken! :cutie:

Emma princess: x

Sweet Monarabbit - Thank you!! Randy is the best!!! I am sure your photos will be wonderful!! I would love to see some when you get them. Is there a TR going on somewhere?

Amy sweetie - So glad you are still around!! It must be so hard for you to come here now that your own day has been postponed. You are very brave. But please don't leave me!!!
:lmao: What is it about those big macho boys and that little diddy sofa!!!!

Sweet Corinna - You are very lucky that you will not have to do the 'group shot thing'!!!! Thanks for the regal comment - move over Wills and Kate!!!!

Andrea sweetie - I know what you mean. Posed shots (especially group shots) are so painful!!! Nobody uses them anyway - except to bury them in an album somewhere. Nobody puts them on the wall do they?
The great thing about Randy is that half the time you don't realize he is shooting so the resulting pictures look less posed!! Hi Evelyn:wave: and right back at ya with a :hug: honeybunch!!!

Claire sweetie - I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way about the dreaded group shots!!!

Andrea sweetie (ooo two sweet Andreas!!) - I like the Citrico gates shots too. Randy definitely has a great eye!!!

Sweet Emma - Don't get me started on those wretched cowboy boots :furious: I love the GF but, unfortunately have yet to stay there. Perhaps when/if it is DVC....... Not that I could afford to add on at the moment (without a lottery win) and I guess it will be pretty hard to book at the seven month window.

I just love your photos - is it normal that I'm nervous about our photo shoot with Randy next month? :lmao:

Erica sweetie - I am sure it is natural to be nervous, but there is really no need!!! Randy is the sweetest of men and will totally put you at your ease!! I will look forward with great excitement to seeing your photos!!! Please don't worry at all. You will love Randy!!

I love your updates, it makes me feel as though I was there.

The citrico gate shots are amazing, I wish we were having Randy, can't really budget him in now though lol I worry about my photos.... I just hope mine come out half as good as yours because your photos are among the best I have seen.

also love the photo of Henry on the sofa, it's so funny. Shots like these are great xx

Joanne, I love the pictures through the gate!!! And I think the group picture turned out very well. I'm sure being inside with A/C helped! Nothing worse than a group picture where everyone is squinting and hot!

I seem to always leave something out of my posts... I also wanted to mention how nice it was that the band played throughout your cocktail hour!

Amy sweetie - So glad you are still around!! It must be so hard for you to come here now that your own day has been postponed. You are very brave. But please don't leave me!!!
:lmao: What is it about those big macho boys and that little diddy sofa!!!!

Joanne, I promise I'm not going anywhere! :) It was hard the first few days after we cancelled, but I've decided that I'm just going to look ahead! :thumbsup2 And of course enjoy reading about everyone's plans and special days in the meantime! :goodvibes

Joanne I am still reading and love your VR. Your day just got better and better. Love the photos.... even the group ones. What a beautiful day you had.

Love the photos behind the gates, very effective, really looking forward to the TTD sessions and fireworks from the TOTW lounge :love:

I love your updates, it makes me feel as though I was there.

The citrico gate shots are amazing, I wish we were having Randy, can't really budget him in now though lol I worry about my photos.... I just hope mine come out half as good as yours because your photos are among the best I have seen.

also love the photo of Henry on the sofa, it's so funny. Shots like these are great xx

Joanne, I love the pictures through the gate!!! And I think the group picture turned out very well. I'm sure being inside with A/C helped! Nothing worse than a group picture where everyone is squinting and hot!

I seem to always leave something out of my posts... I also wanted to mention how nice it was that the band played throughout your cocktail hour!

Joanne, I promise I'm not going anywhere! :) It was hard the first few days after we cancelled, but I've decided that I'm just going to look ahead! :thumbsup2 And of course enjoy reading about everyone's plans and special days in the meantime! :goodvibes

Joanne I am still reading and love your VR. Your day just got better and better. Love the photos.... even the group ones. What a beautiful day you had.

Love the photos behind the gates, very effective, really looking forward to the TTD sessions and fireworks from the TOTW lounge :love:

Sweet Ruth - Thank you!! I wish you had been there, I wish all my DISfriends could have been there!!! What fun we would have had!!
Randy is the best (IMHO) but I am sure your photos will be stunning!!
Henry hates that photo of him on the sofa, but I love it!!

Catherine sweetie - Thank you!! I was so thrilled that the band was playing!! I was hoping they would be, but of course, it was out of my control. We were very lucky!!

Amy sweetie - How insecure am I!!! I am so glad you are sticking around. I guess it won't be too long before you can start planning again!! I am sure you are dreaming already!! I know I am.......... hum maybe a 20th VR on the cruise line.....stop it Joanne!! :lmao:

My dearest James - So glad you are still here!! Thanks for your lovely comments!!! We thought we had a beautiful day, but, of course, we are a little biased!!!

Ladyemz (are you Emma or Emily maybe???) - Thank you so much!! Next installment coming up soon. Of course, the photos are no where near as good as we had lost our gorgeous Randy by the time we started the meal!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter