Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party 2024

I might be missing something. Can DGCs be gotten cheaper? If so, please enlighten :D
You can get them from Target for 5% off by using the Target Red Card.

I also use my Albertsons rewards. When my rewards hit $20 off, I buy a $25 DGC for $5. That takes a while, though. That method is better for me to use when I don't have a trip planned for a year or so. I just collect them over the months.

I might be missing something. Can DGCs be gotten cheaper? If so, please enlighten :D
Yes. There's a whole thread for it. Be sure to read the first couple posts!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-61398370

Some people are pretty dedicated and aim for closer to 15-20% off with using cash back portals but I just do the low hanging fruit and am happy to get 10-15% off.

Lots of sites will do 10-15% off sales on DGCs. Best Buy is a common one, often they have limits but they reset daily so if the sale is long enough you can get a good stash of gift cards built up. Costco and Sam's run deals 1 or 2 times per year especially around Thanksgiving.

Target is probably the next easiest one. 5% off with red card and then Target Circle bonuses make it easy to get between 10-15% off. Today I had a $20 Target Circle reward with a $200 purchase, plus the $10 off on my red card. I shop a lot at Target so I treat their reward like cash. So I got a $200 DGC and saved $30 basically, for 15% off!

And of course, every day you can get 5% off with a Target red card!

I don't aim to fund my trips fully on DGCs but I stock up throughout the year and it adds up for sure. People post handy deals on that thread as well. Last year there was a good Tripadvisor deal that was eligible for Disney tickets and I think I saved about $250 between that deal and buying through a cash back portal.

So when they email you how much notice do you get? Is it like an immediate thing that says "your turn" or does it give you a few minutes heads up to stop whatever you're doing to do it?!
Signed up for email notification on two queues and got the email around 2 or 3 minutes before being able to purchase on both. So you have a few minutes but still need to be ready to go.

Best of luck to everyone in the general sale tomorrow!

Keep refreshing the page until they kick you off. Availability changes every minute.
@cinabc when you say keep refreshing the page, are you just clicking on a date, it says unavailable and then you click a different date and then go back and click the first date if it is now available? Or are you saying to actually “refresh” the browser by using the little circular arrow at the top left of the browser screen (reloading/refreshing the entire web page that you are on)?

@cinabc when you say keep refreshing the page, are you just clicking on a date, it says unavailable and then you click a different date and then go back and click the first date if it is now available? Or are you saying to actually “refresh” the browser by using the little circular arrow at the top left of the browser screen (reloading/refreshing the entire web page that you are on)?
I did both this morning.

So they went back to allowing multiple browsers working and getting multiple tokens?

Wasn’t there a change last year where no matter how many browsers windows you had open they all had the same “place” in the queue?

I’m also really curious if there is a geographical factor to any of this, especially the “it just worked, I waited a few minutes, got right in, selected tickets and hit buy!”

It might not be much, but 100ms connection time from a few states away vs 40ms time being closer to servers might give the edge to people getting in ahead of someone else… that said, I have no idea where Disney is hosting this… but I thought it was an outsourced service and not in house…

So they went back to allowing multiple browsers working and getting multiple tokens?

Wasn’t there a change last year where no matter how many browsers windows you had open they all had the same “place” in the queue?

I’m also really curious if there is a geographical factor to any of this, especially the “it just worked, I waited a few minutes, got right in, selected tickets and hit buy!”

It might not be much, but 100ms connection time from a few states away vs 40ms time being closer to servers might give the edge to people getting in ahead of someone else… that said, I have no idea where Disney is hosting this… but I thought it was an outsourced service and not in house…

No, this was not a thing they implemented last year. Multiple browsers remained possible to use last year same with this year. What they did was remove the ability to share links. But that function returned this year.

Doubt there's a geographical thing going on. My queues were all over the place.

Going to be trying for tickets today from Ireland. This is likely a stupid question, but in terms of time zone can someone confirm that it is 8.45 PST? Just so I know for sure for working out the time here. I get two different PT times and hour apart when I google this. Thanks a million!

Going to be trying for tickets today from Ireland. This is likely a stupid question, but in terms of time zone can someone confirm that it is 8.45 PST? Just so I know for sure for working out the time here. I get two different PT times and hour apart when I google this. Thanks a million!
UK (England) here. I thought it was 3pm GMT?

Oooh. Can anyone else here say exactly how many hrs and minutes til go live for public? 😁
When I post this,
Oooh. Can anyone else here say exactly how many hrs and minutes til go live for public? 😁
when i post this, the sale starts in 3 hours and 36 min, but the queue opens 15 min before that. I think. In any case, it will be 9am in California in 3 hours and 36 min.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest