Joanne and Paul's VR - 4th May 2011

I didn't realize that there was a hidden mickey on your cake, that was a nice touch! I love the idea of staying a while after the ceremony and enjoying the music and company. It looks like that was a lot of fun. I am dying to see the grand floridian pictures! I'm a grand floridian gal at heart, we're planning on heading there before our ceremony to have pictures taken. It is so beautiful. I bet you got some amazing shots!

Joanne, I just can't help but smile the whole time I am reading your TR installments. :) Your happiness just comes through in the pictures and in your writing, and I love it! :goodvibes

You looked so happy in all your pictures!! I'm really happy to hear how weel the ceremony and everything was for you.

You cake is sooo pretty. May I ask what is the crystals by the swans is that a micket head?? If so where did you get it. I'd love to get some smaller ones for hidden mickey's on my cake.

Can't wait to hear more about your VR.

Oh and your cake looked wonderful! Heather is doing a groom's cake as a surprise for my DF - I'm so excited!

Joanne, what a lovely cake reception. You had beautiful weather and the courtyard looked lovely. Looking forward to hearing about cocktails and dinner.

Hi Joanne-

I found your VR thread through your Disign thread with all your beautiful disigns. I don't usually read trip reports but I decided to go ahead and read yours. So then for the next 3 hours I read each page and post! Your photos are beautiful and brought tears to my eyes several times. You were peach of a bride!princess: All your beautiful pictures and words reminded me how much I love my husband and my kids. Congrats to you and your beautiful family-and many many more years of happiness!:flower3:

I didn't realize that there was a hidden mickey on your cake, that was a nice touch! I love the idea of staying a while after the ceremony and enjoying the music and company. It looks like that was a lot of fun. I am dying to see the grand floridian pictures! I'm a grand floridian gal at heart, we're planning on heading there before our ceremony to have pictures taken. It is so beautiful. I bet you got some amazing shots!

Amy sweetie - I am so glad you are still enjoying the TR and not getting too bored. It is my fear that I will bore people to death with my inane babble one of these days!!! Everybody is so kind to keep reading!!

Amanda sweetie - Thank you!! We were both extremely happy all day!!
Yes it is a Mickey head!! I love it and it now sparkles prettily on my dressing table just beside my ring box. Unfortunately, I cannot help with where it came from because Heather, who made our cake, provided it when I said that I wanted some subtle Disney bling on the cake. She really got it right, and it looked great!!

Catherine sweetie - Thank you!! Heather will do you proud I am sure!!

Sweet Andrea - Thank you. The weather was amazing (despite the threat of rain!!:scared1:). If anything, it was a little too warm for some, but I am not complaining!!! The little paddle fans we had put on our guest's chairs were well used!!! Unfortunately, the pictures of dinner will only be amateur ones, as we lost Randy just before we started cocktails!! I really wish now we had booked him a little longer to get pictures of dinner, but never mind. We did invite him to dine as our guest with us, but although he initially accepted, in the end he had to do an airport run with his daughter and had to leave. Still, hopefully the guests photos of dinner will give you some idea!!

Sweet bubsmoljo - Thank you so much for reading!! What lovely comments!! It really was the most wonderful day and a real family occasion. I am so blessed in my family and friends, and the VR really served to bring it home to me!! I hope you will stick around. I am so looking forward to posting the Trash the Dress photos on here, as they are some of my favourites!!

Jilian sweetie - Yup a hidden Mickey (well, not so hidden really). We really enjoyed our little cake/champagne reception. It was a great way to round off the ceremony and mingle with our guests.
GF pictures to come!! Most of our GF pictures were outside and on the beach as there was a DFTW bride inside a lot of the time (Mary-disneemama's daughter) and Randy is very careful not to intrude on any DFTW bride's space. We did manage the formal groups, and a few other shots on the staircase, and some up at the gates to Citrico's and they will be up next.

That cake really was amazing. I also loved that you had a cake and champagne reception right at the venue. That photo of the two of you in front of the fountain is one of my favourites.

Corinna

just catching up on your TR and loving all your pictures. Your happiness is so apparent in your photograph's. I can't help but smile with every picture, and to think I got to see you in person! Its funny that you mentioned our wedding party in the lobby when you wanted to take pictures there,(so sorry) my DD wanted to have beach pictures and the photograher would not because of the rain! Disney moved her pre-reception from Summer house to an indoor location:sad2:. It changed things for us at the last minute, but she just accepted it.

That cake really was amazing. I also loved that you had a cake and champagne reception right at the venue. That photo of the two of you in front of the fountain is one of my favourites.

Corinna

you've got some lovely natural photos of you all. The cake looks brilliant.

just catching up on your TR and loving all your pictures. Your happiness is so apparent in your photograph's. I can't help but smile with every picture, and to think I got to see you in person! Its funny that you mentioned our wedding party in the lobby when you wanted to take pictures there,(so sorry) my DD wanted to have beach pictures and the photograher would not because of the rain! Disney moved her pre-reception from Summer house to an indoor location:sad2:. It changed things for us at the last minute, but she just accepted it.

Sweet Corinna - Thank you!! I love that photo too

Claire sweetie - Thanks Hun!!

My sweet Mary - Oh no!! Please don't be sorry!!! We got the photos we wanted!! DFTW brides have right of way (and rightly so!!). I am sorry to hear your plans were altered because of the rain. You know, we were totally unaware that it had rained at all until later (when somebody told us it had). I think that by the time it rained, we were safely installed in Citricos and didn't notice it!! When we were on the beach at the GF, it was still really sunny!! I am sorry Christy missed out on beach pictures because of the weather.

Hi Joanne, just thought I'd come out of lurkdom to say I'm quietly reading along :) Everything looks so beautiful! You look so happy in every photo :lovestruc

Can't wait to read more!

xx

Emily sweetie - Now that you have emerged from the closet of lurkdom, I hope you will stay out!! :goodvibes. Thank you so much for reading along!!

Oh Joanne, your VR was just beautiful. Your floral was gorgeous and you looked radiant!! I am so glad that everything went exactly the way that you dreamed. Can't wait to hear and see more!!!

Hi Joanne,

I have read your whole PJ and TR over the last few days and am now sat here with tears in my eyes at my desk, the first look was perfect! :lovestruc And you all look so happy during the ceremony. I can't wait to read more! It is wonderful how your children were all involved too.

I recently got engaged on the Poly bech and am now planning a WDW wedding for May 2013, :love: I will definately consider the S&D after reading your reports. I heard your podcast so came on here to find you!

I have ordered the crystal bangle you posted hehe. And thinking these could make great Christmas presents for my 8 bridesmaids!!!! Where did you get the ring box from please?

xxx

Forgot to add - I have already booked Randy for an engagement shoot next October and am so excited to meet him, even more so after seeign your wonderful photos. He is a very talented man and i couldn't think of anyone better to have for our wedding - hopefully we can book him when we secure a date!

Hi Joanne!

Another fabulous update - I always check my various subscribed threads and hope that you've updated. I can always count on you to cheer me up after a long day at work.

I love your bouquet, so beautiful :cloud9:

The photos where your laughing are great, they make amazing shots.

I'm in love with your cake, the swans are fab. So cute :lovestruc

Cool batman cufflinks. I don't feel so silly now allowing James to wear Darth Vader ones.

Such a nice photo of you two infront of the fountain, beautiful xx

Oh Joanne, your VR was just beautiful. Your floral was gorgeous and you looked radiant!! I am so glad that everything went exactly the way that you dreamed. Can't wait to hear and see more!!!

Hi Joanne,

I have read your whole PJ and TR over the last few days and am now sat here with tears in my eyes at my desk, the first look was perfect! :lovestruc And you all look so happy during the ceremony. I can't wait to read more! It is wonderful how your children were all involved too.

I recently got engaged on the Poly bech and am now planning a WDW wedding for May 2013, :love: I will definately consider the S&D after reading your reports. I heard your podcast so came on here to find you!

I have ordered the crystal bangle you posted hehe. And thinking these could make great Christmas presents for my 8 bridesmaids!!!! Where did you get the ring box from please?

xxx

Forgot to add - I have already booked Randy for an engagement shoot next October and am so excited to meet him, even more so after seeign your wonderful photos. He is a very talented man and i couldn't think of anyone better to have for our wedding - hopefully we can book him when we secure a date!

Hi Joanne!

Another fabulous update - I always check my various subscribed threads and hope that you've updated. I can always count on you to cheer me up after a long day at work.

I love your bouquet, so beautiful :cloud9:

The photos where your laughing are great, they make amazing shots.

I'm in love with your cake, the swans are fab. So cute :lovestruc

Cool batman cufflinks. I don't feel so silly now allowing James to wear Darth Vader ones.

Such a nice photo of you two infront of the fountain, beautiful xx

Rebecca sweetie - Thank you so much!! It was certainly all we dreamed of and more!!

Ladyemz - Aww thank you so much. I am flattered that you have read the whole thing!!!! Those little bangles are such a bargain aren't they? I bought them as favours for two of my young lady guests and they loved them!! I also bought one for myself and wore it to my Trash the Dress photo shoot with Randy. Here is the link to the Ebay seller who did my ring box for me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalis...#ht_3404wt_861

You will adore Randy. He is amazing!!!

Sweet Ruth - Thank you Hun!! I adored my bouquet and I was delighted at the way the Swan topper turned out. Heather, who made our cake only had a small photo I had pulled off the internet to go on and I think she did a fabulous job!!
I think the Darth Vader cufflinks will look really cool!!

So we arrived at the GF a little ahead of Randy and got out of the limo. My one disappointment with the GF was that none of the doormen rushed forward to help this bride out of the limo!! I was hoping that the little, elderly man who is so sweet, and who you see in many photos helping brides, might be there, but sadly not!!
Paul helped me out of the limo and we went into the beautiful hotel. Once in, everything changed!! So many people (cast and guests) came up and offered their congratulations. So many said that I looked beautiful, that I almost started to believe it!!! My flowers were particularly well admired!! People were so nice. I really felt like a princess!!
Randy arrived and suggested we go outside to shoot first, so that we did not get in the way of the bride who was having photos taken on the staircase. Up until that point, I had not noticed the other wedding, but quickly realized that the bride was probably Christy, the daughter of Mary (disneemama), whose wedding was at the Pavillion at 5.00pm that day. Mary and I had been chatting for months on the boards and I was delighted to catch a glimpse of Christy on her big day. It was a very beautiful wedding!!
As we made our way across the lobby, I spotted a lady who I figured must be Mary herself. She looked at me and tentatively asked 'Joanne?'. It was Mary, and she rushed over and gave me a hug!! I was so flattered that she had taken the time out from her own daughter's wedding to come and chat to me. We didn't have much time to talk, but I was so thrilled to meet her, and our chance encounter in the lobby was just another magical moment in a day filled to the brim with them!!!

So, first we did some shots by the fountain

JP16125-4-11.jpg

JP09325-4-11.jpg

Urrgh, I so wish that Henry had buttoned his jacket up!!! Men (bless them), they just don't think do they!!!

Then we did some photos, with the children, in front of some of the pretty windows

JP09455-4-11.jpg

The children were then dismissed by Randy and went and sat on a bench. They did not, however, escape the eagle-eyed lens of Mr Chapman!!

JP16365-4-11.jpg

Whilst Randy was photographing the children, we were out of the spotlight for a few moments - or so we thought!!! We truly didn't realize this shot had been taken and Paul says that he has on his 'I am hot and really want a beer now' face!!

JP16305-4-11.jpg

With Randy's signature cry of 'We're walking', we made our way over to the beach, stopping on the way to take some photos near the trees by the Summerhouse

JP16795-4-11.jpg

Randy told us to 'just head over to the beach'. I, of course, had to take off my shoes and it felt so good to feel the sand between my toes!!

JP16975-4-11.jpg

Once on the beach, Randy, at first gave us no direction, and just told us to 'enjoy the beach'. I love this next series if shots as they are candid and so natural

JP16525-4-11.jpg

JP16535-4-11.jpg

JP16545-4-11.jpg

JP16705-4-11.jpg

Paul was wearing his beloved black 'cowboy boots'. It's such a shame, because in many of the photos, the angle and the way the top of the boot shows through his trouser leg, makes it look like his leg is deformed!!! Of course, had I realized that this was going to happen, I would have insisted he wear shoes instead of those wretched boots!!! Future brides with 'cowboy boot' loving men, please take note!!!

Of course, eventually we realized Randy was shooting

JP16625-4-11.jpg

Randy told us to just walk up the beach. We got so many pretty pictures, but here are a few of my favourites

JP09605-4-11.jpg

JP09735-4-11.jpg

JP09935-4-11-1.jpg

JP09825-4-11.jpg

JP09655-4-11.jpg

JP16925-4-11.jpg

After a while, it was getting so hot and Emily informed us that all our guests were waiting in the lobby, so we headed inside for the dreaded group shots!!!

Next up Group shots and outside Citricos

The beach pictures are beautiful Joanne, you were radiant! I never even noticed Paul's boot issue. Thanks so much for the compliments, your words brought tears to my eyes. :hug:

Hi Joanne-
Just got done reading the latest installment. I must say, that you must be one COOOOL cucumber because as hot as it was I can't believe you don't LOOK hot at all! I would have been a big ol' hot sweaty mess! The beach pictures are simply lovely-I love the B&W shots!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter