I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's available at Poly now is mostly concierge. We're going first weekend in March which is start of Flower & Garden

You are going at such a lovely time! Are you guys staying club level? That seems like such fun to me. However, needing two rooms, it is unlikely we'll stay club level anytime soon :) My aunt is going March 10-17.

Another thing to consider, and I did this in august, while also comparing the UR site...

Hotwire opaque bookings had great deals in August. After the great rate and their promo code, I ended up paying $88 a night for POFQ. THat beat the UR price, even with the better redemption rate there. So I booked the Hotwire deal and reimbursed myself with chase points. Just something to double check since most of us don’t usually cash out our points.

Yep! We did something similar for part of our trip. The 'agency who cannot be named' had a much better price for BC so we booked it through them and reimbursed ourselves with points. Great use of points? nope. But best use for us? yep!!

Sigh, my wallet took a toll on black friday.

Bought an iPad Pro - 5x UR.
bought an apple pencil - 13x UR.
Bought screen protector - 5x UR, 3x JetBlue

i mean... like... all i can think of is points points points when i buy... :\

Love my iPad Pro! Which store was offering 13 UR? May do some shopping during the layover at JFK. Sorry I wasn’t able to get hotel pics this morning as I was running late. Here are some plane pics from Delta first class and the Tumi amenity kit you get. It isn’t as spacious as the BA first or AA first flights we’ve done but it was the only reasonable lie flat option to Iceland. That is my foot with my leg extended somewhat and I am 5 feet tall to give you a rough idea of the space. The plane is a boeing 757-200 75S
FDA053AB-7E6D-4F86-8AF3-2298FC89811D.jpeg
4F3A4FB1-F897-42EF-80A9-94E4C3713274.jpeg

A193DFF3-BB14-48D9-9C1D-63801E93CC7E.jpeg
80843F93-FEB6-4922-809A-AA2D5E0FAA30.jpeg
780DB886-7950-4C8F-B867-60AC61CC8B31.jpeg

Using points to book flights and hotels helps us free up the vacation budget to afford something like Adventures by Disney or another luxury tour operator. ABD doesn’t go to Iceland in the winter. We booked a few days with Icelimo who we’ve used before during the DCL Frozen cruise a couple of years ago. ]
Thanks so much for sharing! That is awesome that your guide did that! Very thoughtful not many would pay attention and do something so thoughtful. Def giving me ideas for trips without kids since it would take forever with the kids

Walmart chase pay 10x deal..... If I have 4 cards that are linked thru Chase pay and each would qualify for this deal, can I use each card in a separate $325 transaction,and get the 10x points? or is it only once thru that app to pay ?

Walmart chase pay 10x deal..... If I have 4 cards that are linked thru Chase pay and each would qualify for this deal, can I use each card in a separate $325 transaction,and get the 10x points? or is it only once thru that app to pay ?
My understanding, (based on what I read on DOC) is that it is per each Chase Pay account. So, no, each card in the Chase pay account wouldn't work. This is based on what I read...not personal experience.

I currently have the Amex Everday Card. I have not used the rewards in quite some time but recently transferred some to JetBlue to book a flight for my son. So now I am looking for more ways to earn JetBlue points.
If I apply for the Amex Blue Cash Perferred is that only cash back rewards? Will I earn reward points that I can transfer to JetBlue if I want?

You are going at such a lovely time! Are you guys staying club level? That seems like such fun to me. However, needing two rooms, it is unlikely we'll stay club level anytime soon :) My aunt is going March 10-17.
Heck no! Just one night at Poly then Dolphin. Even one night was a lot of points so I just booked the first night when we have no park ticket. Dinner res at Ohana, maybe fireworks from the Poly beach.

Bought an iPad Pro - 5x UR.
bought an apple pencil - 13x UR.
Bought screen protector - 5x UR, 3x JetBlue

i mean... like... all i can think of is points points points when i buy... :\
That's better than me. I bought my mom an iPad but at Target online with Target card. No points. It did kill me a little inside

That's better than me. I bought my mom an iPad but at Target online with Target card. No points. It did kill me a little inside
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Livin' the points life.... a few months back when I used the 'wrong' card at a restaurant to pay..... you would have thought I got a fly in my soup!!!:rotfl: what? only 3x points instead of 5x????? nooooooooo:bounce:

My understanding, (based on what I read on DOC) is that it is per each Chase Pay account. So, no, each card in the Chase pay account wouldn't work. This is based on what I read...not personal experience.
I'm so confused! Been scouring reddit and it seems like there's different viewpoints on this..... anyone know if the CSP works for this? I hear it does, but again want to be sure!

I did the same thing yesterday for a Chromebook I was trying to get at Wal-mart. Still got the 10% back through Chase Pay, but could've gone through Swagbucks or UR shopping for additional points. I was worried the Chromebook would sell out again though so I just pulled the trigger on it really fast while shopping on my phone.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Livin' the points life.... a few months back when I used the 'wrong' card at a restaurant to pay..... you would have thought I got a fly in my soup!!!:rotfl: what? only 3x points instead of 5x????? nooooooooo:bounce:

I feel your pain! I started off using two websites that don't have shopping portals (probably because they're charity related) so then I forgot to use a portal and my miles plus to maximize my land's end purchase...UGH! Fortunately I was able to remember to use a portal on my final purchase but I'm sort of sick about losing the mpx miles. :mad: We were able to utilize a couple of amex offers today so trying to shake it off...

Here are some plane pics from Delta first class and the Tumi amenity kit you get. It isn’t as spacious as the BA first or AA first flights we’ve done but it was the only reasonable lie flat option to Iceland. That is my foot with my leg extended somewhat and I am 5 feet tall to give you a rough idea of the space. The plane is a boeing 757-200 75S

Thanks for the plane pics! Love the TUMI amenity kit :lovestruc FWIW, at least you were in lie flat seats...apparently with the increase in DL transcontinental lie flat routes they are taking away the JFK-KEF lie flat planes...when I read about it this week all I could think of was "whew, great timing calypso." https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/delta-removing-biz-class-europe/

It doesn't look like there are lie flat out of MSP or JFK so rats, just rats.

Last edited:
10x bonus points already showing as pending in my UR activity for my CSR Walmart purchases! (well, for 2/3 of the purchases, the rest haven't posted yet!)

10x bonus points already showing as pending in my UR activity for my CSR Walmart purchases! (well, for 2/3 of the purchases, the rest haven't posted yet!)
how do you see that? my one purchase is still pending and I'd like to check for the points.... did you hear if the CSP works too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter