I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know how long that Chase 10% will last? thru the weekend, or just thru tomorrow? I'm off to read the link, but wondering if it will work with a GC purchase.... Ok according to that article,and all the comments, it should work fine with gc purchase....here's hoping! I figured it wound't hurt to get the gc anyway...since I was considering buying some before the end of December.... went thru topcashback at 6.6% for it too (it didn't mention excluding gc)
According to TPG...Walmart deal lasts until 12/14, Best Buy 12/24. Best Buy is instore only.

It works for CSR too, not just the Freedom card.
Interestingly, I just bought $300 in Walmart GCs and I logged in thru Chase Pay but it wouldn't complete my purchase with my Freedom. I tried logging into DHs account and used his CSR, went thru fine.

IMHO the BEST use of points isn't how much monetary value you get but how much emotional value you get. (As my bro says "you do you!") I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time!

I am actually pretty excited. We are a family of 5 who have AP's but when my husband comes we only stay off site at Windsor Hills. It has been years since he has stayed on property. But this time with the two rooms at CBR I think he will see the charm again. He won't have a king bed but have his own queen plus the door to lock out the girls if needed so it should work out!

Somewhat brief aside for point people...on our November trip I booked at Windsor Hills. Instead of paying through PayPal like owners usually want I asked to pay the management company directly. The charge coded as travel that way and I was able to use my Capital One Venture to erase part of the charge. Something to keep in mind...

I just booked last week and right after it went through called Disney's main number since I didn't know of the wholesale number and had a conf number in about 40mins that worked on MDE. First person said it could take a few weeks to show up in their system, second person was able to get it. Was funny tho Chase had a "Hotel Conf Number" as well as their own, then when Disney got their ends number that I entered it into MDE and now MDE shows a 4th conf number when I look at the upcoming trips. No wonder its confusing there are at least three numbers on Disney's end.

Hopefully you worked it out. For future reference the number is 407-939-7671. They didn't even care about a number from Chase; she just wanted our resort, check in date, and name.

mi
Interestingly, I just bought $300 in Walmart GCs and I logged in thru Chase Pay but it wouldn't complete my purchase with my Freedom. I tried logging into DHs account and used his CSR, went thru fine.
mine worked fine with my freedom card- I have yet to try the others

mi

mine worked fine with my freedom card- I have yet to try the others
My Freedom worked last night. But somehow not today. Worked out better because I forgot the limit was $325 so I wouldn't have gotten the 10% on the whole thing since I spent $100 last night.

My Martha Stewart wine already shipped and is due to be delivered Fri. I'm out of town but was able to input the tracking number into FedEx and have it held at a local FedEx location for free. phew! I really didn't think it would arrive that fast!

Get 10% off any gift card in the Swych app on denominations up to $50 using code "rthanks2u". Swych sells lots of e-gift cards including Amazon and Best Buy. Remember to use Chase Ink through PayPal checkout because Swych earns 3x on CIP and 5x on Ink Cash/Plus.

Happy Thanksgiving from Disneyland everyone!
Hope Thanksgiving is extra magical there! Weather looks like summer!!

HAs anyone ever 'lost' an amex offer? I feel like I'm losing my mind here.... this maybe the 2nd time I'm sure I checked my acct page, had the offer on my card and added it,and when I make a purchase, it doesn't credit,and it's not on my added list on this card..... Am I losing my mind? I'm starting to get really irritated by these offers,and making purchases and not triggering the credits....:cool: I can still see it on spouses card offers, but I double checked right before purchasing this time! coming back in to add.... I'm even more confused right now...I checked my acct using that link provided upthread to see the 'old' page..... and I can see the offer has been redeemed to my acct, but it's not showing on transactions...am I rushing it? I also got the email, and no credit showing..... BTW on the 'new' page view, I can't see what's been used,it's shows an error. Bleh. I'm still miffed at bungling the etsy offer by not knowing about the paypal issue not crediting.

Last edited:
Today got me thinking about the travel protection that credit cards provide and the importance of knowing exactly what protection you have. When in doubt, travel insurance should be a part of the trip you travel hack in case something goes wrong. Today we were supposed to be driven by our guide a few hours away from Reykjavik to a large glacier and go ice caving. The winds have been pretty brutal and the roads to the glacier closed for safety reasons. We’d already seen cars blown off the side of the road and the winds were getting stronger. On to plan B and a glacier that is closer. On the way, another vehicle wound up breaking through the ice and got stuck in the river blocking that road. On to plan C ...

Had we not decided to hire a private guide with an excellent reputation our trip could have been ruined. If we were on our own we could have put ourselves in danger. Had we only planned on using large group day guides there may not have a been a plan B or C. So even the best laid plans can go awry and it is always good to make sure you don’t lose your money in the process. Different cards offer different types of travel protection benefits and it is good to be familiar with them.

Today’s pics are riding Icelandic horses, visiting frozen waterfalls and hiking a glacier.

944EBF76-A6BA-4D77-9A5F-2F714F8BB785.jpeg
D0E214BB-F3EC-44DC-9915-BA6C8112E359.jpeg
9647F217-81EE-4722-9F60-DB1A55DEDC77.jpeg
3580258A-1FC6-4B24-883B-24F4ABCAF007.jpeg

B7F2B969-347F-4A03-8E82-1849E5257BE2.jpeg
ACB40F90-E1AB-4FC5-8D5E-9E07D107353D.jpeg

541F0F67-EA1B-401F-ACDA-F75EE972909D.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A4D8FF0-76D1-4225-8E8F-42C26A45ADB5.jpeg
    5A4D8FF0-76D1-4225-8E8F-42C26A45ADB5.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 0A746A95-53EC-44AB-BCD6-A8929C78A931.jpeg
    0A746A95-53EC-44AB-BCD6-A8929C78A931.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
HAs anyone ever 'lost' an amex offer? I feel like I'm losing my mind here.... this maybe the 2nd time I'm sure I checked my acct page, had the offer on my card and added it,and when I make a purchase, it doesn't credit,and it's not on my added list on this card..... Am I losing my mind? I'm starting to get really irritated by these offers,and making purchases and not triggering the credits....:cool: I can still see it on spouses card offers, but I double checked right before purchasing this time! coming back in to add.... I'm even more confused right now...I checked my acct using that link provided upthread to see the 'old' page..... and I can see the offer has been redeemed to my acct, but it's not showing on transactions...am I rushing it? I also got the email, and no credit showing..... BTW on the 'new' page view, I can't see what's been used,it's shows an error. Bleh. I'm still miffed at bungling the etsy offer by not knowing about the paypal issue not crediting.

Yes. At least twice. Both times they disappeared from the desktop site. One, I was able to see a few days later on the mobile app and then it disappeared from there too. However, in both cases, I used thee offer, did not receive an email confirmation but still triggered thee offer.i just didn’t find out until after my statement closed.

Happy Thanksgiving, hope everyone had a great day! @calypso726 beautiful pictures! You are so adventurous. I am cold just looking at you pics.

No Black Friday shopping for me. I bought $300 Walmart GCs for the Chase pay deal, and an iPad at Target (the usual 5% with Redcard plus sale price). I'm almost done with Christmas shopping

Anyone score great Black Friday deals?

The new AmEx site is terrible. Once you use an offer it drops off your list and there's no way to see it again (at least not that I found on the new site) For me the statement credits usually show up in a day or two. If I don't see the offer anymore and I know it's not expired, then I know it got used and I should see the credit soon. Once the credit is applied then it shows up in my 'Savings' tab. It's a terrible way to run a rewards program. I've taken to screenshotting the details before I plan to use them so I don't forget what the offer amount was or the expiration dates. It's really a pain for offers that can be used multiple times because once the first one is triggered it disappears.

Happy Thanksgiving, hope everyone had a great day! @calypso726 beautiful pictures! You are so adventurous. I am cold just looking at you pics.

No Black Friday shopping for me. I bought $300 Walmart GCs for the Chase pay deal, and an iPad at Target (the usual 5% with Redcard plus sale price). I'm almost done with Christmas shopping

My DH and I both used our chase pay (CSR) at Best Buy for the 10x points deal. (Ipad, video games, X box deal and disney gift cards to round it out). Should net us 8K UR points.

My dd15 & I hit Kohl's when they opened at 5pm. I swore I would NEVER go shopping on Thanksgiving day. It's just so wrong to me as I feel like Thanksgiving gets lost in the holidays. BUT my dd15 is a lover of shopping and she really wanted to know what Black Friday shopping was all about. Well, I gave up the morning BF stuff years ago so I took her out tonight. Kohl's was a zoo...absolute madhouse...but it was fun. We bought a couple of pairs of their 'doorbuster boots' for $19.99 and after the coupon, they were like $13 per pair. And some boy's clothes, junior clothes, slippers, pillow and few home decor items.

Last night when the Best Buy BF sale went live, I bought a chromebook for $119 that was sold out in less than 2 hours and a chromecast for $20.

I wasn't after much this BF but I got the things I had on my list :)

The new AmEx site is terrible. Once you use an offer it drops off your list and there's no way to see it again (at least not that I found on the new site) For me the statement credits usually show up in a day or two. If I don't see the offer anymore and I know it's not expired, then I know it got used and I should see the credit soon. Once the credit is applied then it shows up in my 'Savings' tab. It's a terrible way to run a rewards program. I've taken to screenshotting the details before I plan to use them so I don't forget what the offer amount was or the expiration dates. It's really a pain for offers that can be used multiple times because once the first one is triggered it disappears.
Oh wow.... thanks for that detail,I hadn't realized...it's kind of frustrating,screenshots from now on!

Woke up to fraud alerts for my Hyatt card. Glad they caught it and that it's not the csr I'm meeting spend on but not the best thing to wake up to.

Love reading everyone's Black Friday scores, and Calypso, those pictures are amazing! I've always wanted to visit Iceland.

I'm sure I should know this, but my Chase AARP's statement came out today. I earned the $200 sign-up bonus ($207 and change actually), and I went ahead in and chose to apply it as a statement credit. It is supposed to be applied to my account by Monday. I can use it on this statement, right? Even though the statement has already cut?

For those who have hesitated to book a Disney trip with UR points I just wanted to post that I called the Wholesale number today and was impressed how easy it was for them to get me the reservation number. If the thought of calling has put you off of booking a trip at the Disney hotels with UR don't let it. I have two rooms booked and entered into MDE the one reservation number while on the phone with her as she entered the information on the other room. Super easy and it is all set now. Not the best use of points maybe, but this is an entirely bonus trip at the end of January so we can do Disney After Hours. It is also the Christmas present to the girls. I (and Santa) are really not going to buy a whole lot else. They just have so much STUFF and I figure they will remember a trip more. I booked airfare to meet Delta Business minimum spend, the room is through UR points, and I just bought the DAH tickets after going to Best Buy and buying Disney gift cards with my AMEX offers.

Thank You. I plan to book a trip next year using Ultimate Reward points and have been a little stressed because it seems this approach is not talked about as much as others. Availability at Pop Century or Caribbean seems good. But most seem to only talk about using points with Swan and Dolphin and off site hotels.
Your right going through the chase portal is a bit higher, but since using points what the heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter