I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Finally got my daughter's college graduation information. I'm going to invite my mom. I have a Hilton FNC and my Amex FHR credit. Which one would be better to use for my mom? I'd like to book the Waldorf Buckhead.

Since it's a Waldorf, I'm going to guess the cash rate is expensive. Anything above $500 I'd probably use the FNC, assuming there are standard awards available. Also depends on if you have better uses for the FNC or FHR credit elsewhere.

IHG personal..... if my friend got the link for app 10/22/22- will they have to wait till 10/22/24 to app for the bonus again?
From the Chase site: "This product is available to you if you do not have a current IHG One Rewards Credit Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. This does not apply to Business Card Credit Card products." Goes off your bonus.

Finally got my daughter's college graduation information. I'm going to invite my mom. I have a Hilton FNC and my Amex FHR credit. Which one would be better to use for my mom? I'd like to book the Waldorf Buckhead.
To me it would depend on the FHR price, taking into account all the FHR perks she would get (like free breakfast and 4pm checkout). I try to use those Hilton FNCs for places I wouldn't pay cash for, but that's also not always possible. So if you don't have another planned use for the FNC then I'd use it.

From the Chase site: "This product is available to you if you do not have a current IHG One Rewards Credit Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. This does not apply to Business Card Credit Card products." Goes off your bonus.
ah yes- thanks!

Since it's a Waldorf, I'm going to guess the cash rate is expensive. Anything above $500 I'd probably use the FNC, assuming there are standard awards available. Also depends on if you have better uses for the FNC or FHR credit elsewhere.
I’m using both. One for me and one for her. I just wasn’t sure if one was easier to do in someone else’s name.

Well after many successful Chase applications I was hit with a denial on a CIU. My last card was a CIP on May 2 and currently I have a CIP, CIU, CIC, IHG Business, Freedom, Disney, and CSR. Total credit is $35,000 which is well below 50% of total income. I've only had to call for reconsideration once for my first business card so I'm a bit rusty. What has been everyone's success rate for reconsideration on Chase business cards?

Well after many successful Chase applications I was hit with a denial on a CIU. My last card was a CIP on May 2 and currently I have a CIP, CIU, CIC, IHG Business, Freedom, Disney, and CSR. Total credit is $35,000 which is well below 50% of total income. I've only had to call for reconsideration once for my first business card so I'm a bit rusty. What has been everyone's success rate for reconsideration on Chase business cards?
July 2023 I got my first and only denial so far on a CIU. I called recon, they asked me some questions any the business and got it approved. Since then, I've gotten 2 more Ink cards with instant approvals

July 2023 I got my first and only denial so far on a CIU. I called recon, they asked me some questions any the business and got it approved. Since then, I've gotten 2 more Ink cards with instant approvals
It seems like they didn't like how many accounts I've opened. Looking back I have opened three Ink accounts in the last year although she mentioned 4 and 1 personal. I didn't ask for more details because they clearly weren't going to overturn the denial. Looks like I need to give Chase a break for a while.

What seems to matter now is how many Chase business cards you have open. At 4, odds seem to become iffy, though some are still able to get approved. If any of those cards are over a year old, you can close one and try again in 30 days.

Recon used to sometimes work, but not since this change. Even if you closed one now and then reconned it doesn't seem to work.

I’m using both. One for me and one for her. I just wasn’t sure if one was easier to do in someone else’s name.

Does she need to check-in before you? I know with the Hilton FNCs, you can add someone as an additional guest, then she should be able to check-in by herself. If you're arriving first or together, I think you can leave both rooms in your name.

What seems to matter now is how many Chase business cards you have open. At 4, odds seem to become iffy, though some are still able to get approved. If any of those cards are over a year old, you can close one and try again in 30 days.

Recon used to sometimes work, but not since this change. Even if you closed one now and then reconned it doesn't seem to work.
They did mention the four cards I have open when I called. My CIC is a year old. I'll close that one and hopefully the elevated CIU offer is still available in 30 days.

My wireless credit from Visible on Amex Biz Plat posted :woohoo:

7 Amex cards between DH and I and no Lowes offers or the new hotel offers either for us.

Edit: Lowe’s and Marriott showed up on one of my cards. I guess I just get things rolled out to my cards later than others 🤣

Last edited:
So Chase doesn't like you to have too many biz cards open so you have to close old ones to get new ones, and Amex doesn't like you to close cards after only a year or they might put you in pop up jail... such different styles!
I had a Delta gold and plat that I closed after a year 2-3 years ago and that apparently pissed Amex off beyond belief. I haven't been eligible for a welcome offer since then.

The Hawaiian card also lowers the price of award fares, so everything stacks.

When you have the Hawaiian card, a 30,000 point redemption only costs 26,250.

I transferred 437,500 MR to 525,000 HawaiianMiles, which was good for 10 round-trip tickets from Boston (5 to Kona and 5 to Honolulu).
this is good to know! I was considering the 70k offer but not sure how 'far' 70k would get me :rotfl:

They did mention the four cards I have open when I called. My CIC is a year old. I'll close that one and hopefully the elevated CIU offer is still available in 30 days.
Not sure if it makes a difference or not but I have also been making sure I have balances on my business cards before applying so far 🤞 have had 2 instant approvals since having been denied in February

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest