I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

what's the deal with the Hilton gc's again? Only certain hotels will take them as room payment,and I won;t know till I try to use them at checkout,right? if that's the case it's kind of annoying....
I just asked my friend since I think I'm going to try and use them when I'm in NC next month. She said they should just run them as a CC. But she did admit so many desk people are dumb, LOL. When we stayed in Nashville last year the hilton we stayed at messed up charges on a room so bad, it was like $5k they put on her card by mistake (we stayed one night). She knew exactly what they did wrong, and walked them through how to fix it and it still took weeks.

Yeah they send me multiple emails trying to get me to upgrade to the higher annual fee card. I'm resisting. I have the IHG Biz card and it gives me the ability to pay more for a points room, etc. Right now there are plenty of I-95 IHG's that can be paid for with the $49 up to 40K free night so I'm staying with it.
DH and I have both cards ($49 AF and $99 AF), so we each get two FNC every year. I’m definitely not getting rid of the old cards, and since they changed the rules and you can’t hold both anymore, we probably won’t close the $99 AF ones either. I can always find a use for the Free Nights.

Has anyone used a FNC at the Swan/Dolphin that belongs to your P2 if they aren't with you? I'd like to make a quick trip to ride TBA but I don't know if I can check in without him.
I used P2s FNCs last Labor Day weekend at Swan Reserve. We added my name to the ressie. I was worried about it but I didn't have any problems. As with all rules, it is probably wholly dependent on the worker at the checkin desk.

I just asked my friend since I think I'm going to try and use them when I'm in NC next month. She said they should just run them as a CC. But she did admit so many desk people are dumb, LOL. When we stayed in Nashville last year the hilton we stayed at messed up charges on a room so bad, it was like $5k they put on her card by mistake (we stayed one night). She knew exactly what they did wrong, and walked them through how to fix it and it still took weeks.
Yeah- I'm gonna try to book a park/stay/fly booking and then maybe use some of the gc's to pay for that....(it's worth a try) I've also gotta find a use for my free nite before it expires- I think I may try something near SFO....any advice out there for a decent Hilton within a shuttle ride to airport?

DH and I have both cards ($49 AF and $99 AF), so we each get two FNC every year. I’m definitely not getting rid of the old cards, and since they changed the rules and you can’t hold both anymore, we probably won’t close the $99 AF ones either. I can always find a use for the Free Nights.
IHG.. say a P2 holds a biz cc, gets the points, how easy it for a P1 to use those points? Would it require a lot of calling etc to set up P1 on a res "made" by P2?

IHG.. say a P2 holds a biz cc, gets the points, how easy it for a P1 to use those points? Would it require a lot of calling etc to set up P1 on a res "made" by P2?
Haven't done it personally, but found this -

straight from IHG's website -

Can I use my IHG One Rewards points to book a reservation for someone other than myself?

Yes, you can book a Reward Night for someone else by making a booking via IHG's website or the IHG One Rewards App and then adding an additional name to the reservation

I see there's a new IHG offer for 5 FNC. I can't believe I would try doing that when I have 5 FNC from Marriott to use, and about 28857454 other FNCs, LOL. I was approved for the CIU on Monday, 6/24. So how long before I could go after the IHG? I cancelled all my IHG cards planning on getting them again. DOC said it's a pretty good offer. I do like using IHG points at Palazzo in Vegas, so I'd like use them there, LOL.

So TLDR, how long between Chase Apps?

If I cancel an Ink Cash card, can I turn right around and apply for a new one? I mean, it looks a little odd...Realistically how long would I need to wait?

I got Inks in May '22, Jan '23, and Sept. '23. (I also got an IHG business card in June '23). So it's been 7 months since I've opened any business cards, but I'm not really putting spend on them. I'm trying to figure out if I should cancel my oldest one before applying for a new card.

If I cancel an Ink Cash card, can I turn right around and apply for a new one? I mean, it looks a little odd...Realistically how long would I need to wait?

I got Inks in May '22, Jan '23, and Sept. '23. (I also got an IHG business card in June '23). So it's been 7 months since I've opened any business cards, but I'm not really putting spend on them. I'm trying to figure out if I should cancel my oldest one before applying for a new card.
I’ve been wondering about that also. I want to apply for a CIU in July, I have an CIU I got in May 2023. I am currently leaning toward keeping it open rather than closing it and reapplying. I also have a CIP and CIC that I have had less than a year.

Haven't done it personally, but found this -

straight from IHG's website -

Can I use my IHG One Rewards points to book a reservation for someone other than myself?

Yes, you can book a Reward Night for someone else by making a booking via IHG's website or the IHG One Rewards App and then adding an additional name to the reservation
I have done this. Booked it using my points and added DD's name to the reservation. I did email the resort in advance of the stay. They were kind enough to extend my status to my DD, but that shouldn't be expected.

Points bookings are fine to reserve for someone else, but a FNC should only be used by member, per the T&Cs. The hotel above also made that mention to me when I corresponded with me.

So I got my new CIU today. Thanks to needing a new macbook since I have to give mine back to school, I dropped $1660 immediately on it. I then paid off the remainder of my DD's jaw surgery ($560), my medical bills from my hospital/back too ($400). I have another few medical bills to pay off, and my son needs a macbook too. So I'll hit this $6k spend pretty fast! I'll be grateful for the 0% for 12 mos, LOL. I can pull the money for all of this from savings, but it's earning more sitting in savings than it's worth to pay off immediately, LOL.

I applied for a CIU in May and was denied. But I had 2 CIUs, 2 CICs and the IHG Biz open at the time. I cancelled the IHG (to churn eventually) I think right before I applied.

Before I tried applying again, I cancelled one of my CIUs, and one of the CICs. I think I did the CIU a week prior, and the CIC like 2 days. So when I applied again I had only 1 CIC and 1 CIU (which I got 11/23). I was approved.

I see there's a new IHG offer for 5 FNC. I can't believe I would try doing that when I have 5 FNC from Marriott to use, and about 28857454 other FNCs, LOL. I was approved for the CIU on Monday, 6/24. So how long before I could go after the IHG? I cancelled all my IHG cards planning on getting them again. DOC said it's a pretty good offer. I do like using IHG points at Palazzo in Vegas, so I'd like use them there, LOL.

So TLDR, how long between Chase Apps?
I am tempted by that IHG offer, too. But, I don't have any plans to use 5 FNC within a year, though.

LAX

Can anyone suggest where to stay in Boston?
We were there last month and stayed at the Intercontinental, it was perfect location and an outstanding hotel. I kept checking rates several times per week as we got closer to our dates and was able to get the room for $250, tax included. We added on club level at check in for $100/night and it was well worth it. As others have said, it's a very walkable city, we averaged 9 miles per day, so bring good shoes.

I've also gotta find a use for my free nite before it expires- I think I may try something near SFO....any advice out there for a decent Hilton within a shuttle ride to airport?
quoting myself to ask more clearly... iI was gonna do Hyatt SFO but it doesn;t seem super convenient, have to take the train to get to it even tho it's in airport? I'm confused.... but the local Hiltons either don't run airport shuttles, or only very limited hours.... But I could use my (expiring soon) FNC for a night there..... advice?

but a FNC should only be used by member, per the T&Cs. The hotel above also made that mention to me when I corresponded with me.
Aww.... so that nice new IHG offer wouldn't work so well for that plan then... altho I'm seriously considering dropping the OG IHG for a new offer next time a good one comes by- but I prefer points to FNC bc of the expiration

Aww.... so that nice new IHG offer wouldn't work so well for that plan then... altho I'm seriously considering dropping the OG IHG for a new offer next time a good one comes by- but I prefer points to FNC bc of the expiration
I have the OG $49 AF, the $99 personal and the $99 Biz. I’m planning to churn the biz since I can’t get the OG card again and I’d have to cancel to churn the personal.

P2 can churn both personal and Biz. So far I’ve been able to book FNCs from his account and use when I travel. Maybe that luck will run out if they start cracking down. I’ll keep pushing my luck for now.

I was just trying to use all my FNCs on upcoming travel. Based on how I’m now traveling, it is getting hard to use. I thought I might use one in Switzerland next year but rates were 80-100k per night o_O .

I prefer points over FNCs for SUBS for the no expiration as well. More flexible.

If you aren’t maxing out the 5x categories on the CIC I would close it before applying for another….i usually wait a week or so to reapply but not sure if it’s necessary

DP- P2 has gotten a retention offer on his Plat for 4 years straight but this year no offer BUT they offered him 15k MR for 1k spend if he downgraded to Green (no option for gold). He took that since I have a plat right now and we will see if they offer an upgrade.

Working on IHG biz for him and Alaska for me with BOA.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest