I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Thats a difficult question to answer without more information - Boston is expensive. When are you going? Is there a specific area you want to be?

A couple of suggestions - I quite like the Residence Inn in the Seaport area. The Hyatt Centric by Faneuil Hall is decent but small rooms and can be a bit noisy if you get a room facing the street.

To be honest though, you need to narrow down the field as there are so many choices.
Thanks. Never been so don't know how to narrow it down. Only going for a night or two to explore with no specific requirement of what to do/see. Would not want to be in a noisy area.

Thanks. Never been so don't know how to narrow it down. Only going for a night or two to explore with no specific requirement of what to do/see. Would not want to be in a noisy area.

Well, Boston is very walkable or can use the T (subway) if necessary, so there isn't really a bad location per se. I guess all locations have some potential for noise if you get a low floor room facing the street. The reason I mentioned the Hyatt Centric specifically was that we had a second floor room facing the street and it was quite noisy till late at night with folks leaving the bars. We were there over the weekend though.

My favorite is the Residence Inn in the seaport area - but that has gotten stupid expensive in recent years and I haven't stayed there since 2020.

The only hotels I have personal experience of are the two I mentioned already plus Hilton Back Bay, Hyatt Regency and Marriott by the aquarium. All of which were satisfactory but none were outstanding.

Well, Boston is very walkable or can use the T (subway) if necessary, so there isn't really a bad location per se. I guess all locations have some potential for noise if you get a low floor room facing the street. The reason I mentioned the Hyatt Centric specifically was that we had a second floor room facing the street and it was quite noisy till late at night with folks leaving the bars. We were there over the weekend though.

My favorite is the Residence Inn in the seaport area - but that has gotten stupid expensive in recent years and I haven't stayed there since 2020.

The only hotels I have personal experience of are the two I mentioned already plus Hilton Back Bay, Hyatt Regency and Marriott by the aquarium. All of which were satisfactory but none were outstanding.
Thank you. I appreciate your input. I will look into Residence Inn.

ETA: “crazy expensive” is correct. Would like something less expensive. Lol

I opened checking and savings accounts at Chase to get their bonus. I want to close the checking account now and keep the savings account open. Is this something I can do online or do I need to go into the branch to do this? I know others have done this previously but I could not find anything on how they closed their accounts. Thank you.

Thank you. I appreciate your input. I will look into Residence Inn.

ETA: “crazy expensive” is correct. Would like something less expensive. Lol
We stayed at an airbnb in Cambridge when we went for MIT graduation.
I opened checking and savings accounts at Chase to get their bonus. I want to close the checking account now and keep the savings account open. Is this something I can do online or do I need to go into the branch to do this? I know others have done this previously but I could not find anything on how they closed their accounts. Thank you.
I can't remember 100%, but I know DH did not go into a branch. He most likely did it by SM, as he hates to call. I think he asked by SM what the correct procedure was to close his savings acct, and they basically said take out all the money and reply back to have it closed.

I’ve closed checking and savings by SM.

Does anyone here use Lounge Buddy to find what lounges you have access to at any given airport? I use it and find it very helpful. It is going away in July so wondered if anyone else has other methods to easily see what lounges are available to you based on your CCs, PPs, etc.

Does anyone here use Lounge Buddy to find what lounges you have access to at any given airport? I use it and find it very helpful. It is going away in July so wondered if anyone else has other methods to easily see what lounges are available to you based on your CCs, PPs, etc.
I love LoungeBuddy and am so sad it’s going away. Hoping someone knows of a good replacement!

If anyone has any trips planned with AA, they are having a decent award trip sale. I had some award trips booked on United but cancelled and rebooked with AA for significant savings.
Thank you for this! We were able to call in and they adjusted our flight (6 tickets) and returned 30k points. Unless they did it on their end somehow, they didn't cancel and rebook because I didn't have enough points for the new flights without the cancellation. We kept the same seats. New locator number (so maybe they did cancel).

So once again, I need an MSR. Where does all my darn money go LOL? I saw the DoC article on the rumored CIP increase. I haven't had a CIP in my name since early 2020. I got my last Chase in mid January 2024. I have 4, yes 4, open Inks. Only one of which was opened a year ago. The others were all opened less than 12 months ago. If I close the one from May 2023, do you think I'd have a shot at the CIP when it becomes public (assuming it comes via support links)? I think they have been more open with the preferred than the other two lately, from what I have read. Thoughts?
I have an upgrade offer from Delta from Gold to Plat, and I really need more Delta miles, but it's only 20k for a $3k spend. No way I could hit $11k with both cards. I guess I could wait a month or two on the Ink if it stays that long, and start the Delta immediately. I have a vet bill coming next week, not a huge one though. My biggest spends are coming in mid-late September when insurance on both cars/house and property taxes are due.
Ha, remember this post from 9 days ago? Yeah, I have already blown through my upgrade spend on Delta LOL. Bring on that CIP increase!! If I can get one, what do think my odds are if I close the oldest Ink I have, which is barely a year?

Has anyone used a FNC at the Swan/Dolphin that belongs to your P2 if they aren't with you? I'd like to make a quick trip to ride TBA but I don't know if I can check in without him.

Ha, remember this post from 9 days ago? Yeah, I have already blown through my upgrade spend on Delta LOL. Bring on that CIP increase!! If I can get one, what do think my odds are if I close the oldest Ink I have, which is barely a year?

I always worry about making spend on anything over $4k but never have a problem and get them done too quick also.

I'm doing a bit of work on my house and I'm almost finished my Amex upgrade offer of $6000 in 6 months. Less than 2 months.

I intend to do another biz UR card around home insurance and tax time. August I think for home insurance.

Has anyone used a FNC at the Swan/Dolphin that belongs to your P2 if they aren't with you? I'd like to make a quick trip to ride TBA but I don't know if I can check in without him.
Not at the Swan/Dolphin, but many, many times at other BonBlah properties. Just be sure that your name is added to the reservation after booking with the FNC. Then have your dh call and let the hotel know that you will be the party checking in. Note that it is against Marriott's T&Cs, so your dh could risk having his account closed (which considering the current state of Marrriott rewards wouldn't be a huge loss!).

Got a similar offer for same categories, same date range, but 7x spend on my IHG Premier card.

Yeah they send me multiple emails trying to get me to upgrade to the higher annual fee card. I'm resisting. I have the IHG Biz card and it gives me the ability to pay more for a points room, etc. Right now there are plenty of I-95 IHG's that can be paid for with the $49 up to 40K free night so I'm staying with it.

I have the +10 pts/$ on dining on my Amex BBP for supporting DH for a card. Dining is one of our largest spend categories. Any creative ideas on how to maximize this? Before the offer is over, I think I'll reload things like ChicFilA and Starbucks gcs, and maybe buy some GCs from other restaurants from which we dine frequently.
Any restaurants that sell third party GCs 🤣 ? That would be perfect.

ETA: This makes dining spend 12x. I value URs at .015, so it's like getting 18% back on dining.

Just saw on my CSR that Chase has extended the PYB categories Gas, warehouse clubs, pet supplies annual fee and select charities to 9/30/2024
Thanks. Made a large-ish purchase at Costco a few days ago and started hoping it would clear 'pending status' before June 30. It did, but looks like would have been OK either way. I'm still miffed at them that they didn't recognize my donation to the International Rescue Committee because the charge came through as IRC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest