Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I hadn't written yet one of my bucket list places. I just posted this in another thread about a place being not what you expected. I'm reposting it here.

Monument Valley, AZ: one of my favorite places in the world. I've been there a good 10 times and hope I go back once more in this lifetime. So, it's on my bucket list again. 🥰 :love: When I go there, I feel small and connected to a greater whole at the same time. 🙏

It's on Navajo tribal land, thank God. Or would have been turned into a money grubbing theme park by now, with each natural monument turned into some ride. :rolleyes:

Instead, it is protected, sacred land.
Praying1.gif
:worship: The area the natural stone monuments are in is called: the Valley of the Gods. Yes, plural: Gods. You can see their artistic handiwork on the monuments, where they must have had a "play day", (God length "day,") or had a competition of building the monuments, with the last God setting down his/her clay "Mittens" at the end of building the monuments. :love:

Evidence of the play day/competition:
17fc3b25df99c45f4421c1ec4922017fc3b.jpg

The Mittens:
IMG_2421.JPG

I finished watching for the first time, Time for Me to Come Home for Christmas. Overall, I really enjoyed the movie especially when Nate and Donna's girls sang Away in the Manger. Children singing traditional Christmas carols always warms my heart extra especially at church. The only two things that I didn't care for in the movie were when Heath ordered an alcoholic drink for Cara without asking her first whether that was okay. I don't drink ever by choice. I respect all who choose to do so safely. I just thought it odd that Heath having only recently met Cara wouldn't have checked with her first. This didn't end up mattering because as far as I recall, neither of them took a sip! Cara automatically believing a tabloid magazine's cover picture and coming to the conclusion that Heath was lying to her about being single also didn't sit right at all. Heath was a super sweet, down to earth guy who I would sure love to find a real version of, just with more (pronounced and shown in how he lived) faith. Sweet movie all around :)

I finished watching for the first time, Time for Me to Come Home for Christmas. Overall, I really enjoyed the movie especially when Nate and Donna's girls sang Away in the Manger. Children singing traditional Christmas carols always warms my heart extra especially at church. The only two things that I didn't care for in the movie were when Heath ordered an alcoholic drink for Cara without asking her first whether that was okay. I don't drink ever by choice. I respect all who choose to do so safely. I just thought it odd that Heath having only recently met Cara wouldn't have checked with her first. This didn't end up mattering because as far as I recall, neither of them took a sip! Cara automatically believing a tabloid magazine's cover picture and coming to the conclusion that Heath was lying to her about being single also didn't sit right at all. Heath was a super sweet, down to earth guy who I would sure love to find a real version of, just with more (pronounced and shown in how he lived) faith. Sweet movie all around :)

That movie is my favorite of the "Time for (Different Pronoun) to Come Home for Christmas" series.

I'm so glad you also enjoyed it, Imzadi. I believe the only other Time movie I have seen is the one that takes place at a fancy hotel. I will Google later to see which of the remaining movies in this series I could watch for free. FYI to anyone not using a Kindle or who doesn't mind holding your Kindle horizontally, Hallmark Movies Now does have them all. Tubi, for me, also goes horizontal. So far Paramount+, Pluto, and Redeem TV, are ok. I haven't watched yet a Prime movie. I hope all of you are enjoying the afternoon :)

This weekend:

The Hallmark Channel will run 24 hours with Christmas movies from Friday 6am ET - Monday 2am ET. :santa: 🥰

On Saturday:

There will be a ONE TIME special presentation of:
Three Wise Men and a Baby: Extended Cut.

So, not really new, but with more footage. Shown only this weekend.

On Sunday:

A special showing of a movie that originally aired on Hallmark Mystery, but will air on the Hallmark Channel. I think it received the second highest IMDb .com rating last season of 7.6, after A Biltmore Christmas at 7.9.

To All a Good Night at 8pm ET/PT, 7pm CT
Starring: Kimberley Sustad and Mark Ghanimé
Description: A small-town photographer saves the life of a mysterious man, who may just be in town to buy her family's parkland – which is also the location of the annual Christmas celebration.

Just looking over Ryan's IMDb.com resume page in MY opinion, his last two movies were kind of duds.

Under the Christmas Sky
Fourth Down and Love

I barely remember the last one, other than it was at a planetarium.

And Fourth Down and Love was the one where Pascale Hutton looked absolutely miserable. Ryan mentioned, in his statement, "The industry hasn’t felt like the place for me in quite some time now, and my mental health has suffered from it. It’s taken me to a bit of a dark place, made me into a version of myself I don’t like very much. I’ve vented some of my anger and frustration publicly, and for that I apologize."

Maybe he and Pascale had a really bad time together. He was forced to play a football player, which most of us thought was unbelievable for his age.

And I will never watch Coyote Creek Christmas again, due to how bad Janel Parrish is. Her last Hallmark movie got a 5.5 rating on the IMDb, which is incredibly bad.

So, the quality and stories of Ryan's movies are up and down. He doesn't have the clout of Bethany Joy Lenz, Alison Sweeney, Lacey, Danica McKeller, who are able to always get good scripts and co-stars. Maybe that's also part of him leaving? Although, I'm just speculating.

Fourth Down and Love was so painful...It is interesting because I think he used to have more clout and lost it along the way. I'm not sure why he used to get the better scripts and partners. Pascale is usually a delight; I think she knew the script and premise were drivel.
I thought Fourth Down in Love was okay, I still rated it 7 out of 10 but it could have been so much more. I like both Ryan and Pascale but just couldn't get their chemistry as much. I think the script didn't really suit them fully.

Under the Christmas Sky I rated 6 out of 10 but it was more 5.5. It never captured my attention fully plus I didn't really think the astrophysicist part gelled as well as maybe they thought on paper it would with the storyline.

So I agree with y'all not the best work of his.

I'm sure y'all have heard but the NFL is partnering with Hallmark for a Chiefs themed Christmas movie. The tagline that got around was loosely basing it off of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce but really it's not so don't get your hopes up about a pop star/football player :upsidedow .

The title is said to be "Holiday Touchdown: A Chiefs Love Story". "The film will star "Shifting Gears" actor Tyler Hynes, "Two Scoops Of Italy" actor Hunter King, and "Better Call Saul" actor Ed Begley Jr. in the sports holiday romantic comedy."

Description:

"Will follow Chiefs super fan Alana Higman (King), who's determined to win the team's Fan of the Year contest, and fan engagement director Derrick (Hynes). The two begin to feel romantic tension as Derrick evaluates whether Alana's family deserves to the win the contest. But when Alana's grandfather (Begley Jr.) loses his vintage Chiefs winter hat, she begins to question her future with Derrick unless "a little Christmas magic can throw a Hail Mary."

They are presently setting up for it right now in my metro (I live in KC) and should be filming throughout July starting this week, supposedly filming entirely here including at Arrowhead Stadium, Independence Square, etc. They did put out the news about auditioning for an extra which sounds cool but totally out of my comfort zone lol.

I like Tyler Hynes so that's exciting. I haven't watched Two Scoops of Italy yet but I adored The Santa Summit and then really enjoyed Hidden Gems and NIkki and Nora: Sister Sleuths that Hunter King starred in.

I hadn't written yet one of my bucket list places. I just posted this in another thread about a place being not what you expected. I'm reposting it here.

Monument Valley, AZ: one of my favorite places in the world. I've been there a good 10 times and hope I go back once more in this lifetime. So, it's on my bucket list again. 🥰 :love: When I go there, I feel small and connected to a greater whole at the same time. 🙏

It's on Navajo tribal land, thank God. Or would have been turned into a money grubbing theme park by now, with each natural monument turned into some ride. :rolleyes:

Instead, it is protected, sacred land.
Praying1.gif
:worship: The area the natural stone monuments are in is called: the Valley of the Gods. Yes, plural: Gods. You can see their artistic handiwork on the monuments, where they must have had a "play day", (God length "day,") or had a competition of building the monuments, with the last God setting down his/her clay "Mittens" at the end of building the monuments. :love:

Evidence of the play day/competition:
17fc3b25df99c45f4421c1ec4922017fc3b.jpg

The Mittens:

IMG_2421.JPG
These are absolutely stunning, wowza!!!

I'm sure y'all have heard but the NFL is partnering with Hallmark for a Chiefs themed Christmas movie. The tagline that got around was loosely basing it off of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce but really it's not so don't get your hopes up about a pop star/football player :upsidedow .

The title is said to be "Holiday Touchdown: A Chiefs Love Story". "The film will star "Shifting Gears" actor Tyler Hynes, "Two Scoops Of Italy" actor Hunter King, and "Better Call Saul" actor Ed Begley Jr. in the sports holiday romantic comedy."

Description:

"Will follow Chiefs super fan Alana Higman (King), who's determined to win the team's Fan of the Year contest, and fan engagement director Derrick (Hynes). The two begin to feel romantic tension as Derrick evaluates whether Alana's family deserves to the win the contest. But when Alana's grandfather (Begley Jr.) loses his vintage Chiefs winter hat, she begins to question her future with Derrick unless "a little Christmas magic can throw a Hail Mary."

They are presently setting up for it right now in my metro (I live in KC) and should be filming throughout July starting this week, supposedly filming entirely here including at Arrowhead Stadium, Independence Square, etc. They did put out the news about auditioning for an extra which sounds cool but totally out of my comfort zone lol.

I like Tyler Hynes so that's exciting. I haven't watched Two Scoops of Italy yet but I adored The Santa Summit and then really enjoyed Hidden Gems and NIkki and Nora: Sister Sleuths that Hunter King starred in.
I feel like with that cast, they are putting some 💰💰behind it, and the script should be well-written. Hunter is one of their rising stars, and Tyler is a solid "go-to." Casting Ed Begley, Jr., is like casting Jonathan Frakes—he wanted to do the role, so that says something! 🎅🤶🎄

I feel like with that cast, they are putting some 💰💰behind it, and the script should be well-written. Hunter is one of their rising stars, and Tyler is a solid "go-to." Casting Ed Begley, Jr., is like casting Jonathan Frakes—he wanted to do the role, so that says something! 🎅🤶🎄

I've noticed that many of the better written scripts are often adapted from novels that Hallmark has bought the rights to. I guess they finally realized their usual writers just don't have the imagination to add in the extra details. But when they start out with a book idea, they can pick & choose elements pre-written, or use some to spark their imagination to go in a different way that they wouldn't have thought of on their own.

Description:

I wasn't aware! How fun! Hallmark has really been showcasing some beautiful background imagery in their movies lately...and KC can provide that. Great actors and the storyline sounds different and fun... and could attract a lot of the Chiefs/Taylor fans. :) Watch... a rumor will start that Taylor and Travis will be in the movie. :rotfl2:

I thoroughly enjoyed the first Godwink movie. Imzadi, I love that it is based on a true story and like dear you have enjoyed other Hallmark movies based on books. Are any of the other Godwink movies available to watch other than through Hallmark Movies Now? Have any of you read any of the books? Thanks, friends. Happy Winds-daypooh:

I've noticed that many of the better written scripts are often adapted from novels that Hallmark has bought the rights to. I guess they finally realized their usual writers just don't have the imagination to add in the extra details. But when they start out with a book idea, they can pick & choose elements pre-written, or use some to spark their imagination to go in a different way that they wouldn't have thought of on their own.
I appreciate your insight -- and I love that authors are being supported! I usually prefer books to movies, but I also love to see books reimagined into movies I can enjoy as well :dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest