Footwear!

I take a size 9 womens so I ordered the mens size 8. Hopefully they won't be too big. My DH has small feet so if they don't fit, he can wear them.

Of course, I haven't heard anything from justforfeet yet!

Just wanted to note a type of sneaker that did not work well (at least not for me). I bought a pair of skechers sneakers-the halter back style. They were very light weight, and had a nice wide toe box, and were very comfortable when I tried them on in the store. I broke them in a little, wore them with good socks, and they gave me a huge blister where the halter rubbed on the side of my foot. Never again. we are going to WDW in the summer for our next trip, so my search is on for comfy sandals....

I bought a pair of Born sandles on sale at Dillards. They've got a special lining in them that keeps your feet dry. I wore them to work all last week....I know it's not the same as WDW, but so far, they're feeling pretty darn good.

Bought a pair of New Balance walking sneekers and they are killing the arch of my foot!

Bought a pair of Birkenstocks that I think will work...I got them all broken in any way.

On DIS recommendations, I bought 2 pair of Ecco shoes - the Ecco Inca Receptors and the Ecco Mobile.

The receptors seem very comfortable - the shoe doesn't seem much softer to me than Tevas, but the straps have cushioning and none rub the wrong way. I think they'll work great.

The mobiles are absolutely uncomfortable. Too narrow for my big fat foot, I guess.

I checked out the seal of approval list for the American Podiatric Medical Association and ordered some Etonics recommended there. Hope those are more comfortable. Here's the link for the recommended list:
http://www.apma.org/seal/sealintro.html

justforfeet.com is sold out of the straprunners that I ordered. So, I too am still searching.

My heels took a week to recover from the Lands End sandals.

I bought a pair of Adidas sneakers over the weekend.....the widest shoe I could find. They felt good in the store. I put both of them on and walked around for a few minutes. Everything felt fine.

Well I wore them two nights in a row for my two mile walk and they are rubbing in a couple spots.

I'm ready to give up and wear my flip flops.

I bought new Birkinstocks for our last trip in April. I thought I had broken them in enough before the trip but I got two blisters anyway. And guess what I didnt pack? Moleskin. The gift shop at AS Sports had it though and it helped greatly.

I love my Birkenstocks, but the soles don't have enough cushioning to help my back survive WDW. For our trip to WDW last month I got a pair of ASICS sneakers. They are so well cushioned in the soles, that I felt like I could bounce up and down. I really liked them!

I would highly recommend wearing Thorlo socks. I had previously read about them on these boards and bought a couple of pairs to try them. They are truly outstanding. It's like walking on thick, fluffy towels.
www.healthylegs.com/thorlosocks

:)

Ditto on the heel problems with the Land's End sandals. I wore mine, quite new, to WDW and got the absolutely largest blisters you have ever seen on the base of my heel where the sole curves up. Once they healed, I can wear them again for normal amounts of time and normal walking with no problem. We were at WDW that week in June where it rained daily and I wore those sandals all day every day and they did me in. Unfortunately, the blisters they created made it impossible to wear any of my other shoes either, so I was stuck in the sandals, walking gingerly. I am also the only blister prone one in the family and I am always in pain on theme park vacations. Nothing has ever helped. I give up.

I always take a pair of shoes specifically designed for walking. (I used to like Clark's Drifters, but they've become scarce. I know have Reebok Gratify sneakers.) To prevent blistering, I like Dr. Scholl's Cushlins.

I'm bringing 2 pairs of New Balance and bought Thorlos for everyone after reading about them here!:D

After two trips of aching feet, I found my solution last year.

I bought a pair of Naturalizer sandals that look like Birkenstocks w/two straps across top and open heel. Wore those during the day to do parks. We'd start at opening and go back to hotel by 3.

Then when going out after a break for the rest of day/evening, would wear Rockport sneakers/walking shoes. Going to those after walking during day provided support and was almost like a foot massage for the nightime.

Every morning was ready to 'beat feet' again.

Hopefully will work again although am going to hit Dillards this afternoon and take a look at their sales==maybe those Borns.

I bought a pair of Saucony's for school 2 years ago and since they were so comfortable, I decided to wear them to Disney World. Well, they are my favorite sneakers for Disney. They are so comfortable.

I'm planning on taking:

- my 3-year old Ecco Track hiking-type boots, which I wear all day most every day. They're men's wide, and have amazing support. I have a back problem, and these shoes are the BEST for making me stand right. I can't recommend these highly enough.

- my new Brooks Beast (men's wide) cross-trainers. I had a pair before and wore them out. I love these shoes for long walks. Again, I HIGHLY recommend these (and they're on that recommended list).

- my (men's) Chaco Z1 (no toe loop) Colorado sandals. These rub me just under the balls of my feet, but it's okay if I use baby powder or something like it--the running store where I bought my Brooks sells something in a stick you can rub on your foot to minimize this--I need to go buy some. I recommend these sandals too, especially if you have high arches (I think the fact that I don't is causing some of the rubbing).

- (for dressing up) my (women's) Born thong sandals (I don't dress up much, but they'll go with my nicer skirt outfits for dinners onboard the Wonder)

And except with the sandals, I only wear Thorlo socks. Light hikers with the boots and walking and running with the Beasts.

Hopefully this will keep me covered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter