Footwear!

I had read on these boards a yr or so ago, to use spray deoderant on your feet before hitting the parks. this way your feet won't sweat and less chance of a blister forming. Ever since I have started to do it, I have yet to get a blister. Another item to keep with you is mole skin. you can put it right over a blister. it comes in both a full sheet and precut shapes and sizes. I buy mine at walmart.

You can find a good selection of Thorlo and Coolmax socks at large sporting goods store such as Dicks, or at athletic/outdoor specialty stores. You can also find them online at http://www.roadrunnersports.com or http://www.landsend.com, and undoubtedly many other places. All the ones I've mentioned are kind of pricey. Walmart carries some lower price Coolmax socks.

Thanks for the sock info! And speaking of Lands End - over the weekend I went to their Overstocks page and got a pair of women's sports sandals for $5!!!

Speaking again of landsend sandals - I've appreciated all the tips and have been looking at nike straprunners, but I'm wondering if any of you have tried the landsend sandals, they have several types - a comfort sandal, a sports sandal, and an athletic slide. The operator suggested the slide when I gave her my list of requirements. They're all priced under $30. Anyone with any experience with those?

From all I hear about Nike Straprunner II, I decided to give them a try. I just found them and ordered them on www.justforfeet.com for only $14.97 + tax. It only came to a total of $15.72 for me. I figured for that price it is worth a try.

Bart

On another thread a while ago someone mentioned Teva pretty rugged sandals ...........well I tried some on tonight at Soft Mocs!!

They were like walking on a cloud very very soft on the underside that touches the top of your foot too!

They were sold out of my size! Here in Ontario they were 95.00 CAD on sale.......pretty high but worth it. I think you guys in the U.S. can get them much cheaper!

This is the type of sandal that will have zero break in time and will dry quickly.

To whoever mentioned the pretty ruggeds a big Thank YOU!!

I will be getting mine in two days.

Rooth:D

Currently at WDW and we're LOVING our Thorlo Lite Walking socks with CoolMax. Got everyone 2 pairs, one to wear and one as an extra in the backpack. We're staying at a condo so I do a light load of sock wash on the days we don't go to the parks. Got mine on sale through The Sock Company online. If you Yahoo search Thorlo Lite Walking you'll come up with websites selling them.

Recently purchased the lands end sport sandals on their overstocks page for $5 - and I really like them - I've been wearing them for about two weeks now. They are usually $20-$24. I also have Tevas which I used last year at Disney with no problems. I just liked the Lands end ones because they are more molded to your foot and have more cushioning on the straps - and for the price you can't beat it. The men's version are $14.50 but that's still less than the original catalog price.

If you can get to a large sporting good store, or several chain sporting good stores, just go and try on a bunch of the shoes you may be considering. I think most of the sandals people are talking about can be found at these stores. Then if you find one you like, you can order it on-line, or just buy it at the store.

I have about 4 chain sporting good stores in my area, and I'll drag my family there sometime soon so they are set for our next trip.

I'm a tennis shoes girl, but I definitly think sports sandals are the way to go when you are at an amusement park. I was more comfortable in the heat without hot, sweaty, or even soaked feet from the water activities. All other family members were not interested in sandals, and now they are!!!!!!

Just got my first Straprunners from wwwjustforfeet.com because of many raves here and they are ok. They'd be perfect if they didn't have that material that's goes under your feet. After a very short time it started to bug me. I think they put it there so they don't slip off when wet or something but I don't like it.

Live and learn. Wish I had done more research.

I'm still in search of the perfect walking, waterproof sandal. I've got sandals (Ecco) that are casual and pretty comfy but they are not waterproof or sporty.

Any other suggestions other than Straprunner of sandals that are reasonably priced?

I've seen Teva but tried them on and the straps dug at my skin. I was thinking maybe Ecco Cosmos but am afraid they aren't waterproof.

Beattyfamily,

For the $5 plus shipping you might try the Land's End ones. I just got mine and they are much more comfortable on me than Tevas. For one thing, they have a more contoured footbed and the straps are very wide and padded, not just straps. I'll try going for a long walk in them tonight and see how that goes.

Beattyfamily -

I had the same problem with the straprunners -- that wavy stuff on the bottom really made my feet sore. BUT - I kept wearing them, and eventually either my feet got over it, or the stuff eases up. So... if you haven't returned them, try them out for short jaunts -- if it's worth it.

Beattyfamily -

I LOVE my Ecco Cosmos-- of everything I've tried including Birk's, Clarks, both Nike Straprunner & Air Deutchz-- nothing comes close in terms of comfort. No way I'd think about wearing them in the water, though. I wore Teva Terra Fi's to the waterpark on my last trip and was pleased with them (at least after I cut off the annoying tag on the underside of the top strap)-- I noticed several of the waterpark CM's were wearing the same sandal/style. Sometime I'd like to try a pair of Chaco sandals-- for now the closets pretty full, though. Good luck!

First, I wanted to put a note about the bumps on straprunner soles. I hated them at first too, but my husband explained that they are supposed to "massage and invigorate" your feet. Once my brain realized this it seemed to actually like them. Although all things being equal I think I'd do with out. My problem was the top strap digging into my ankle. The shoe I finally did find is a EasySpirit Artic. It is super cushy with straps that are a stretchy nylon. It's not the most gorgeous sandal ever, and at first I didn't buy them, but after trying on dozens of others, I grew to appreciate them and finally gave in and spent the $60. I can honestly say they are the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my feet. I wouldn't call them a water sandal, but getting them wet won't be any problem at all.

I would definitly look for a sandal that has a good arch support. Some of the pics that I've been looking at of some of the sandals look so flat.....try on lots of styles.....before you buy if you have time
I'd hate to order even a 5.00 sandal if it wasn't exactly what I was looking for......

The soles of my Straprunners never bothered me, although I do have the II's which have a pattern, and not the III's which have 'bumps' on the soles. :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who obsesses over shoes. I have the Straprunners. Have not worn them to the parks, but they seem to be pretty comfortable. I must have the IIs because they don't have any "bumps".
Tried on the Tevas--my feet went "yuck"! Tried on the Birks, my feet went "ouch".
The Mayans covered their feet in latex from rubber trees (The first tennis shoes!) Maybe I'll try that next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter