• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Footwear!

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
Post your tips about shoes/footwear. How can my tootsies hold up for 7 days of Disney walking???

I usually bring two pair of good walkers like Reedbok.

I also swar by thorlo sox to keep blisters away.

Also, Bandaid brand blister block really helps heal painful blisters. Saved my last vacation.

Herc.

I usually bring two pair of good walkers like Reedbok.

I also swear by thorlo sox to keep blisters away.

Also, Bandaid brand blister block really helps heal painful blisters. Saved my last vacation.

Herc.

Nike Straprunners II sandals!!!! If you can find them in a store, try them on and see if you like them. They are lightweight, have good support, and the straps do not irritate. Take a look at them at www.justforfeet.com Click on men's or womens, and under the activities option, click on outdoor sandals. :D Good Luck whatever you decide. Footwear is a very personal thing, and there are no two feet alike!!! :)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I agree with tink2dw. My Teva's were great. Better than my cross-trainers. They keep my feet feeling refreshed. I just purchased a pair of straprunners for my DW from JustforFeet.com. I have read good things about them. $19.99 is good and they have the men's for 19.99 and 14.99. Search under Nike and they are on the last 2 pages of each men's and women's categories.

I always bring sneakers but instead of using socks I use baby powder, it keeps your feet dry and also keeps them from getting blisters. What I usually end up wearing the most are my Birkenstocks, they are quite possibly the best shoe for WDW, they don't let your feet get too warm and they are very comfortable.

REMEMBER TO BREAK YOUR (NEW) SHOES IN BEFORE YOU GO ON YOUR TRIP!!

I mostly wear my Chaco sport sandals. They're rafting sandals, and kind of expensive, but they conform to your feet and don't rub or make blisters at all. I like to wear sports sandals because when my feet get really hot I can just soak them in one of the play fountains. Very refreshing.

For the evening I often switch to sneakers, just for a change. It's not as hot and having socks on feels good after walking so much early in the day.

Hi There,

I was told by my teenage daughter that New Balance were the comfiest
(yet in her words "not the greatest looking") running shoes she has ever
worn. (She is a runner.) Well last weekend my younger teenage daughter
and myself were out shoe shopping for our upcoming trip to Disney and
thought we would come home with a couple of pairs of New Balance. What
we discovered, however, was a brand of shoe that was a lot comfier than
any of the New Balance shoes we tried on. The brand is "Saucony" which
we had never heard of. The salesman (at Sport Chek) said these were the
only running shoes he could wear that kept their bounce. He is a runner
and runs approximately 45 km. a week. While he was in the back a woman
(also a runner) started discussing the brand with us and said once she
started wearing Sauconys she was hooked.

Well I ended up buying a pair at Sport Chek and since they didn't have my
daughter's size in the style she wanted we tried at Sports Experts
and low and behold they carried Sauconys and had the style and size she wanted.

The only way I can describe these shoes is that I am walking on comfy
little mattresses made especially for my feet.

Good luck shopping - you just might just be pleasantly surprised if you try
this brand.

Hi everyone-- I've been lurking on the Dis boards for a year now(they are by far my favorite), finally got around to registering. I've learned soooo much here. I ordered a pair of the Nike strap runners from Lady FootLocker. They are the newest version and are a really attractive stone color. If you go to the store and place your order there, no shipping fee. I have worn them around the house for several hours at a time, and they really do seem to be very comfortable, no areas rubbing the wrong way. I really like them. They are also waterproof, so no need to worry about rain. I'm headed to the world in August, hopefully they will be cool and comfortable!

In January I wear a good, broken in pair of sneakers. I have worn Asics and last year bought a pair of Diesel. Those are very comfy and light weight, and more of a tennis show than a running shoe.
For May I will take my Diesels, but I hope to wear my Born sandals. They are very comfy here, but I haven't walked miles at one time in them yet. But am hopeful. ;)
I know my Diesel's will take me through the trip if the sandals fail. I also am taking a pair of slip on Keds that are comfy too.

If sandals aren't for you, try Ecco brand shoes. I like Ecco's New Mobile Walking shoe. The shoes on their own are not enough to keep my feet happy after 4-7 12 hour days. I also use gel inserts to decrease foot pain and wear Wigwam Blister Inhibiting Theraputic socks. Whether you wear sandals or shoes, it is a good idea to carry precut pieces of moleskin to cover any hot spots before a full blister developes.

I have used these on several trips and haven't had a bit of problems with blisters or sore feet. I also wear socks with them in the parks. It may look weird, but it just seems to work better with all of the walking you do in the parks.

Hi there!!!

I have tried a variety of shoes and sandals - here are my less-than-scientific findings....

New Balance are my FAVORITE sneakers -- they come with so many options of width and toe-box depth and absorbing features. My current pair have done 2 Disney trips and countless miles of walking on pavement, and they haven't yet lost their spring.

I have worn a variety of sandals - the last being Straprunners. I was VERY happy with them, but they did lose their spring quickly. I just got them this year, and one Disney trip later (and a bunch of other walking) they have already gotten pancakish on the bottom. I found that taking a pair of really thin socks to wear after my feet started to get tired was great! It doesn't look the smartest, but I think it saved my feet late in the day.

This year, I have purchased some Chaco sandals, and have been wearing them around for the past couple of weeks. I am VERY pleased with the way they conform, the way they act in water (don't stretch out or make squishy sounds ;) ) and their support. I have been having the fun planar fasciitis problem, and they actually make my heel feel better, not worst. They did cost a lot, but I am thinking they are worth it. I have done Disney with worn out feet, and it just isn't as fun.

I also tend to change my shoes from day to night, just to give everything a break. But, I have to say I am with those folks who can't take the heat of sneakers in the summer - something about having feet that can't breathe seems to make me 10 times hotter!

Good luck finding the perfect fit!!!!

I bought a pair today & I love them. I have always been a Nike girl but there is no comparision for comfort. These are great!!!

Thanks again!!! It isn't just Disney advice that you get on these boards!!!

They are quite amazing shoes aren't they? I think my feet must smile everytime I put my Saucony's on!! LOL

Cindala and Chance's Mom:
Thanks for the tip on the Nike Straprunner sandals. I was sandal shopping the other day and remembered the name from this thread so I tried a pair on and I was hooked. I just love how lightweight and comfy they are.

My wife bought me a pair of Bjorn sandals which complete cover your feet except they are open on the back. Like walking on air. Used them last year when we were at DisneyWorld for 9 days/8 nights and they were great.

You are welcome! There is only one thing wrong with Straprunners: They are very hard to get your hands on!:rolleyes: I have ordered them from justforfeet 4x, and 3 orders were cancelled because they were out of stock!! As least I received one more pair, but trying for another.:D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Straprunners....

I got mine last year at the ESPN store in Downtown Disney!!! Of course, I think I paid something like $40 for 'em but it was actually a pretty good deal at the time.

I bought a pair of New Balance 892s a couple months before our trip last December, and I love them. Also invested in some Coolmax(tm) socks, not a brand but a fabric. Similar to Thorlo but available from several manufacturers. Between the two my feet were in heaven. Actually I broke two toes on the second day by tripping over a landscape rock barefoot on the way to the pool. But these shoes and socks were so good that putting them on actually *lessened* the pain, and I was able to get through the vacation without seeking medical attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter