Fastpass return or replacement?

That could work out pretty well if it works that way.

I picked BTMRR because I think that will go the fastest at MK, but we will see.

The big issue is if you can indeed hold more than one at a time.

pit would be quite good if it was that way as you could have a couple of rides all booked in before u even arrive at the park

if it’s a case of logging on at 7am and it offers u something at 6pm that means you have lost most the day using genie plus if it doesn’t let u book anything else until u have been on that 6pm ride. That would be a bit rubbish

I know this isn't FP, but if I remember correctly-we often held like 3 sets of paper FP's at a time. Just collecting for the evening as times arose, usually one in the party would take all passes to each attraction FP machine.

If we G+ say BTMRR at 7AM for a 6PM ressie, (late park arrival) can we make another ressie 90 minutes later at 8:30 AM hoping to get like POTC at 7PM?

Or do we have to wait until after 6PM to try for a 2nd attraction-doubt anything would be left.

if it’s a case of logging on at 7am and it offers u something at 6pm that means you have lost most the day using genie plus if it doesn’t let u book anything else until u have been on that 6pm ride. That would be a bit rubbish

Yes that was exactly my original question. :thumbsup2

I don't like the Tier system and e-tickets - it means it will still be a 2 hour wait to get on Flight of Passage if you aren't lucky enough to snag a ticket first thing in the morning.

But I'm ok with the general idea of a Lightening Lane. And it's MUCH cheaper than the same thing at Universal Studios. We went to Harry Potter with the Express Pass and rode everything multiple times without waiting, it was awesome.

Since we don't know what the pricing will be I'm not sure it will be that much cheaper than Universal when you add in the Genie + pricing.

Yes that was exactly my original question. :thumbsup2

another person said this which is also possible….

I'm now starting to think the G+ app will just periodically drop new LL returns around 90 minutes or 2hrs or so. For example, at 7AM the G+ LL access may go quickly for Smuggler's Run through 10 or 11AM. The app would then stop offering LL access for that attraction for an hour or so. You wouldn't even be able to select a return time. Then around 10 or 11AM the G+ app may drop another round of LL returns for another time frame around 11AM - 1PM or so. I'm figuring there will be no way to sell out the LL for the entire day until the end of the day nears. You'll have guests glued to their phones for the LL drops, but it will also push guests over to the attractions that are showing availability, evening out the lines.

My last time using paper FPs was in 2010 -- the system ended in 2014. My recollection is that the ONLY attraction that ran out of FPs early in the morning was Toy Story Mania. I had read reports before my trip that Soarin sometimes ran out early, but that was not my experience during my mid-July trip. Generally speaking, FPs were always available, though the return time would get later and later in the day as the day went on. (I suppose it's possible that most FPs were gone by late in the evening, but I generally wasn't pulling many at night.)

If G+ ends up mirroring the paper FP system in terms of availability, I think most guests will be satisfied. Fingers crossed.

I keep seeing folks repeat the claim the paper FPs ran out quickly in the day for all the major attractions, but that was not my experience at all in 2010. (I suppose it's possible that this changed between 2010 and the end of the system in 2014.)

They weren’t all gone but I remember by 10 am tier 1 rides (space, splash) having a late return time. Say 5-6 pm. You then had to wait 2 hours, or until 5 pm, to get a new one. With this new system, you cant get another one until after you use the one you have. And they didn’t enforce return times back then.

after thinking about it since last evening and talking to all of family members that go to disney often our conclusions are:
-Animal Kingdom won't be worth G+ if the two LL options would be FoP and KS. And we won't be doing LL
------therefore our game plan won't change for that park. RD FOP, head to KS right after and hope and pray that EE and Dino are low.

-EPCOT won't be worth G+ if the two LL options would be Frozen and Rat. And we won't be doing LL (until Guardians which we will reconsider)
------we don't care for Frozen really anyway and we prefer Soarin which rarely has a long wait these day and if we RD it would be for TT. We will take our chances at a free VQ for Rat

-MK wouldbe worth G+ just because of the sheer number of attractions included.
However, personally we are going when merriest after hours is going on so for this upcoming trip we won't need it.

-HS would be worth G+ IF TOT, RNRR, MFSR (already confirmed i believe) and TSMM are included.
----I imagine the LL here are SDD (also already confirmed), ROTR obviously and MMRR
--------if the ones in G+ are what i mentioned we would be willing to pay that extra $15 for that one day so that we can cross our fingers with a BG for ROTR and then rope drop MMRR. We skip SDD anyway. Then hopefully our G+ allows us to plan for TOT, RNRR and MFSR in the rest of the time
----------the hiccup in this entire thing for HS is the fluidity of boarding group return times for ROTR and scheduling that with G+ selections. That will be a headache.

Our questions/comments/concerns are much to echo everyone elses:
-$15 is a lot for large families but also not a lot in the grand scheme of things (we can have our opinions on whether we believe Disney should've started charging or not) but i can imagine that a decent amount of people WILL purchase it. especially when you lay it out like i did above and MK has a lot of attractions that ARE for G+. Which then leads me to believe that if you purchase G+ along with thousands of other people, how many slots will be given? Because if my first G+ for POTC isn't until 2 hours after park open and then i can't get HM for 2 more hours and by 2 PM i've paid $15 for two...okay..attractions that will really start to piss people off.
-LL lane better be QUICK. i would be willing to stand in line for 15-20 minutes when FP+ was free. but now paying for things they better get people moooooooooooving through those queues. Which means that before when example 50 FP guest would go through for every 15 stand by (this is probably not accurate but you get my point) will now be like 80+ FP guests for every 15 stand by which = longer waits for stand by which = angrier guests.
-Why Disney didn't just implement G+ to be like Express pass blows my mind. Why can't they have wait times for the LL lines and if you have G+ you just go up as you please and if you want to wait 10 minutes for POTC in LL you can, or you can wait to see if it becomes a walk on later? why the scheduling nightmare? OH because they are trying to do something unnecessary with Genie curating itineraries for people and that would mess everything up. It's just unnecessarily complicated.
-Us on these forums won't take advantage of 85% of what the normal Genie will do. We are all seasoned veterans when it comes to touring and it's just kind of pointless for me to be told to mobile order a dole whip right now when i know to put in my order while i'm in queue for POTC so that when i get off i can just mosey right on over.................

I'm definitely going to be watching guest experiences when it officially drops.

That was my favorite version - when they didn't enforce the return times

I liked it too, but it completely messed up what FP was intended to do and it prevented others from getting FP’s in the evenings because of those hoarding FP’s to use at busier times. I was glad when they started enforcing return times, but that wasn’t until almost the end of FP.

I liked it too, but it completely messed up what FP was intended to do and it prevented others from getting FP’s in the evenings because of those hoarding FP’s to use at busier times. I was glad when they started enforcing return times, but that wasn’t until almost the end of FP.

If I remember though, even when it was being enforced-one of us would go around and select return times that made sense for that afternoon/evening. At times you had to simply wait for the clock above to get to what you wanted. Only stipulation was waiting an hour maybe? So if you started with the most popular and worked back.

Like Splash 5 to 6, BTMRR 6 to 7 and Space 7 to 8.

One of the open questions is if you will need to buy this for the length of your ticket or just per day correct?
My personal opinion is that you can pick and choose which days you buy G+ for. Here's why I think that. Disney has already said that for AP's we will be able to buy it day-of for the days we want to use it (with a footnote that other options may come in the future.) Other add-ons that have had to be length-of -stay like hopping and dining plan have never had a day-of one-day-at-a time option even for AP's. For Disneyland's Maxpass we were able to decide in the app which days we wanted to buy it for and didn't have to do length-of-stay or length of ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter