BellaBeast787

Earning My Ears
We are visiting next year during the holiday season. Is the Boardwalk fun for families? I am leaning towards the Epcot resorts but they all have an older-somewhat stuffier vibe. I’ve never really noticed Boardwalk because the rooms seemed outdated (the green carpet) but I’ve noticed they have made improvements and it seems lovely with the Christmas decor. The issue I’m running into is the appeal of the beach/yacht club pool. I keep changing my mind on where to stay. What’s a deciding factor for picking between the three resorts?

We are visiting next year during the holiday season. Is the Boardwalk fun for families? I am leaning towards the Epcot resorts but they all have an older-somewhat stuffier vibe. I’ve never really noticed Boardwalk because the rooms seemed outdated (the green carpet) but I’ve noticed they have made improvements and it seems lovely with the Christmas decor. The issue I’m running into is the appeal of the beach/yacht club pool. I keep changing my mind on where to stay. What’s a deciding factor for picking between the three resorts?
We tried one of the Stormalong Bay hotels once; think it was YC. Nice hotel and pool but the next trip the rate at BW was lower so we stayed there and fell in love. Really nice CL attendants and excellent food in the lounge, room service was via FF at the time, and overall quieter (read less rambunctious kiddos) than the hotels across the lake. Also closer to the parks.

--->
We tried one of the Stormalong Bay hotels once; think it was YC. Nice hotel and pool but the next trip the rate at BW was lower so we stayed there and fell in love. Really nice CL attendants and excellent food in the lounge, room service was via FF at the time, and overall quieter (read less rambunctious kiddos) than the hotels across the lake. Also closer to the parks.
This! Plus, they got rid of the Creepy Clown Slide. And depending on the kids' ages, Boardwalk's pool may actually be a better fit. My kids like Beach Club best because of the location and the pool, but I think they're all great.

Honestly, though, all of them are great, depending on the vibe you're going for. None of them are stuffy and the location can't be beat. And they smell good. Just go with the best rate.

We have stayed at the YC, BC and the Boardwalk. My kids and husband pick the YC each time. We like the YC over the BC because almost all of their rooms have a full balcony which is not guaranteed at the BC. My kids always vote for the pool at YC/BC over the Boardwalk. Also, my husband prefers the food options offered at YC/BC. Hope this helps!

BC for a family is my vote. The pool complex is awesome (and might have all features working as it's being refurbed the first half of next year) and the vibe isn't stuffy, it's laid back but sorta excited. Families tend to favor BC over YC, but depending on how deep you are into the holidays they'll both be stuffed with families! The rooms were also recently remodeled so they've been freshened up like BWI.

As for Xmas decor- BC gets a life size chocolate carousel... (but you should tour all 3 EP resorts as they each have unique decor!)

All 3 have lovely Christmas decorations. All three have beautiful trees. As mentioned above, BC has a giant chocolate carousel. YC had a giant Christmas village model train set. Last year they also added a huge gingerbread lighthouse with a working spotlight. BWI has gingerbread decorations and a beautiful tree.
Remember December can be dicey with weather. Sometimes it can be warm enough to swim, other times you can get a cold spell and need a coat, so a pool at Christmas time might not matter as much.

We always stay in Epcot resort area, our favorite! :love:

None of them are stuffy. You'll be fine in any of them.

Our ranking: YC, BWI, BC. Yacht and Boardwalk are pretty much tied. Our least favorite is BC which works out perfectly because it seems to the be the favorite for so many.

And crazy as it is, even with the scary clown slide, we always enjoyed the BW pool are better than Stormalong Bay. SB is amazing, but it is very chopped up and always busy.

I've been at quite a few resorts. I prefer the more " themed immersive" vacation hotel, and that is not what I get from the Epcot resorts. They are beautiful resorts though, and I really enjoyed being on the boardwalk. But once you stay at places like AKL or Wilderness, Poly, Port Orleans.. It gets hard not to notice ( for me that is ). Beach club I really enjoyed. You can walk to the boardwalk and enjoy the place, yet go back to the hotel and feel a little away from the action there. It is not stuffy at all. None of them are really. MAYBE you can slightly get that vibe from YC but not really. Rooms are more themed at BW

I've been at quite a few resorts. I prefer the more " themed immersive" vacation hotel, and that is not what I get from the Epcot resorts. They are beautiful resorts though, and I really enjoyed being on the boardwalk. But once you stay at places like AKL or Wilderness, Poly, Port Orleans.. It gets hard not to notice ( for me that is ). Beach club I really enjoyed. You can walk to the boardwalk and enjoy the place, yet go back to the hotel and feel a little away from the action there. It is not stuffy at all. None of them are really. MAYBE you can slightly get that vibe from YC but not really. Rooms are more themed at BW
I think this might be my problem. We are a family of five and that weeds out most of the themed resorts. We’ve done POR & AKL-so I thought perhaps an Epcot resort this time around. I am just not into the theming at most of them.

We equally love BW and BC. We bought at BC only because that was the contract that came up first that we got to first. We stayed at BC in December. It was so cold the lifeguards had full wet suits on. Both are super convenient for walking to Epcot and HS. The holiday decorations were lovely. BC smelled divine with the gingerbread house / shop. Our last holiday visit was 2012. Decorations like the gingerbread house and chocolate carousel may have changed.

I prefer the pool and slide at BW. Depending on the age of your kids it’s hard to constantly watch them in the BC/YC pool as they want to go all around and it’s split up. Plus the slide is outside the pool gate across the walkway.
What we didn’t like about BW is no real quick service and you have to go outdoors to enter the shops and restaurants. So if it’s pouring that is no fun! But BW is closer to HS if you don’t mind a little walk.

We have stayed at the YC many times in December. It can be 70+ (80) or it can 50's. We have used the pool many times during that period. One year they had to add lifeguards since the weather was so warm. We love the YC since it has full balconies, quieter than BC, BC and YC has that holiday scent and holiday theming. I did not find the BWI as Christmases warm and fuzzy. Boardwalk is a beautiful area to walk around. Very convenient to Epcot, Skyliner, and HS. Pending on the ages of the children it's a nice walk to HS. You can still visit BWI and look around the resort, but nothing beats the SAB pool area plus it is being rehabbed for the first 5-6 months of 2025 so it's even going to be better. Many more restaurants in the YC/BC resort than BWI. However, you can still dine at the Boardwalk area restaurants within a 5–10-minute walk. For the adults, you have a few more bars, Crew Cup, Ale and Compress (underrated restaurant), Martha Vineyard. Plus, Yachtsman's steakhouse, Cape May, and two casual pickup and go stores with Yacht Club and Beach Club marketplaces without leaving the resort. Others may differ but it's a great area and gives you a lot of options.

We just got back from staying at BC, its my wifes favorite resort such easy access to Epcot, The room a 1BR was great looks like it was recently done over, very clean even has the new pull down beds in the wall

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest