ROFR Thread July to Sept 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

So then why did you say it was ā€œstripped to the boneā€? I am confused.
A contract with December 2025 points is still stripped because December 2025 points can't be used yet.

Regardless, dues and points don't actually have anything to do with one another as dues are tied to calendar year, not use year. I know it's a heuristic in the resale community to pretend like the burden of dues should be borne by whichever party gets that year's points, but that's not actually how the dues are structured.

2025 dues are for January 1, 2025 to December 31, 2025. 2025 points are for December 1, 2025 to November 30, 2026.

@Sandisw ā€” do you know how quickly Disney closes after ROFR? Does the seller have the ability to back out (not sign) the same way they essentially would in a normal contract (paying some penalty, I presume?)?

Iā€™d never thought about this, but if Disney ROFRā€™s a contract, presumably you could sell it again for more. šŸ¤Ŗ

A contract with December 2025 points is still stripped because December 2025 points can't be used yet.

Regardless, dues and points don't actually have anything to do with one another as dues are tied to calendar year, not use year. I know it's a heuristic in the resale community to pretend like the burden of dues should be borne by whichever party gets that year's points, but that's not actually how the dues are structured.

2025 dues are for January 1, 2025 to December 31, 2025. 2025 points are for December 1, 2025 to November 30, 2026.
I have a DEC UY, I get it now.

So it is stripped of the 2024 points that will be added to the contract on Dec 1, 2024.

But you are still asking the seller to pay for the 2025 dues on points that you will have access to on Dec 1,2025.

Not something as a seller I would ever sign off on and I can see why the broker called to verify given that itā€™s a DEC UY.

@Sandisw ā€” do you know how quickly Disney closes after ROFR? Does the seller have the ability to back out (not sign) the same way they essentially would in a normal contract (paying some penalty, I presume?)?

Iā€™d never thought about this, but if Disney ROFRā€™s a contract, presumably you could sell it again for more. šŸ¤Ŗ
The former owner of the DIS had a contract that was ROFRā€™d that also had a future reservation on it.

He told Disney he would just keep the reservation and cancel the sales process.

Iā€™m not sure how that would work with the resale agent and title company.

When I got my contract taken in 2022, they took until the closing date to close.

While I assume you can not sign, my guess is that DVD would have safeguards in place to prevent that from happening, and might tie it up to force the sale and contract

Most buyers are not going to do thisā€¦.to much time and moneyā€¦I bet DVD would try to make it hard on a seller.

The former owner of the DIS had a contract that was ROFRā€™d that also had a future reservation on it.

He told Disney he would just keep the reservation and cancel the sales process.

Iā€™m not sure how that would work with the resale agent and title company.
Interesting. I wonder if that is why they have (apparently?) been avoiding delayed close contracts lately.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest