Fall Direct Incentives

I’m wondering about a scenario like this:

I have $30k today we’re considering to buy 150pts DVC because high likelihood/desire of WDW with my family yearly. Or I can invest it and pull out some of our trip money yearly. What happens if say I choose SP500 and after the previous great run goes down 12% over the next 5 years. In that time each year I’m removing half my yearly ‘vacation room budget’. There’s so many things going on here, the math is way beyond me. I’m not sure if this feeling is right, but seems like I’d be in a hole at that 5 year mark that would take many years after to catch back up. Obviously will depend how well the investment performs after. Timing the market is the game changer, especially if you’re pulling vacation funds yearly. The years you pull on downswings might hurt.

There are a couple of things to think about here to support the dvc purchase.

1) protection from point rental inflation. The major sites post their cost per point, and it's been increasing. Your projected vacation cost should increase annually too

2) use the cost to rent from the rental firms (e.g. $25/pp) vs a lower magic beginnings or a rate you can rent out the points for.

3) budget more points to rent vs to own. Lower point standard views you likely need to own to get access to. You may need to stay at a resort with a more expensive point chart for your days.

If you will use the points, you'll come out ahead buying. The next question is whether you buy the minimum amount or buy more to take advantage of incentives or lower resale prices.

There are a couple of things to think about here to support the dvc purchase.

1) protection from point rental inflation. The major sites post their cost per point, and it's been increasing. Your projected vacation cost should increase annually too

2) use the cost to rent from the rental firms (e.g. $25/pp) vs a lower magic beginnings or a rate you can rent out the points for.

3) budget more points to rent vs to own. Lower point standard views you likely need to own to get access to. You may need to stay at a resort with a more expensive point chart for your days.

If you will use the points, you'll come out ahead buying. The next question is whether you buy the minimum amount or buy more to take advantage of incentives or lower resale prices.
I asked for 150 but am thinking now 200 to get the next level of discounts.

Also, I want to sell a resale contract I have to cover some of it but I also need to make an 11 month booking. Can I transfer those points to the new contract, I know they become a virtual contract tied to the original. But can I then sell the original?

I asked for 150 but am thinking now 200 to get the next level of discounts.

Also, I want to sell a resale contract I have to cover some of it but I also need to make an 11 month booking. Can I transfer those points to the new contract, I know they become a virtual contract tied to the original. But can I then sell the original?
If the new contract is in a different memberSHIP (different UY or different owners), yes, you can transfer points from the resale contract to the other membership, then sell the resale contract. But if the resale contract is in the same membership that you want the points to be in (so you can use them with other points in that membership), unfortunately the answer is no. Points are transferred from one membership to another membership, not to another contract.

That's exactly how I came to buy 302 points a few months ago (2 fixed weeks + 50-pt contract). Thank the DVC gods they didn't offer a great incentive at 400 points!
I just looked it over. The discount from 150 to 200 isn’t that substantial.

I do want to know if anybody has been on cruise lately? I’m going in November. 2 years ago when I went, DVC booth was giving away really nice backpacks if you signed for a contract. I feel like calling the guide is getting me nothing extra lol. I’m wondering if I should wait until I’m on the ship if the deals tomorrow are better.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest