Does this mean war??

[QUOTE
As for peaceful negotiations, we've been having them for 12 years now - how long do you think we should continue until Hussein is forced to live up to his obligations? [/B][/QUOTE]

AFR.. I think negotiations in the Middle East will always be neccessary. I am not trying to be naive. I feel much similar to WDWHounds last post.
I do not think that US aggression will solve anything at this time.

I read alot of posts regarding US politics. Most of the time I find them interesting. I like to think that I am open to change if I feel that someone poses a strong reason that may cause me to question my own opinion. Listening to others can be a good thing. I hope that our political leaders can find a way to do the same. Being against this war does not mean a person is anti-military or anti-American. Those who yell "Love it or Leave it" seem to be upset to hear an opinion that opposes their own. jmho...

Being against this war does not mean a person is anti-military or anti-American.

I never said it did.

Those who yell "Love it or Leave it" seem to be upset to hear an opinion that opposes their own. jmho...

Not being a member of the "Love it or leave it group", I wouldn't know. But I think it less about hearing differing opinions than it is about having to listen to the constant harangue about how all of the world's problems can and should be laid squarely at the feet of the United States.

AFR.. I think negotiations in the Middle East will always be neccessary. I am not trying to be naive.

I'm not talking about the Middle East in general, I'm talking about Iraq in particular. So, how long should we keep playing games with Hussein, while he builds up his weapons? Or should we just stop negotiating and wait for an attack?

I do not think that US aggression will solve anything at this time.

It will solve the problem of Hussein attacking this country directly or through WMD that he provides to terrorists....

Sorry AFR.. my last paragraph was not directed at you.. it was a general comment regarding other posts.

Hey, why doesn't the CIA put its money where its mouth is????:D :D . If we have all of the so-called "classified" intelligence about WMD that the White House and others hint at, let's get it on:D :D :D . Send in those CIA agents on a white horse and let them lead the Inspectors to "the promised land of nukes, gases,and biological weapons":jester: :jester:

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq launched a public relations offensive against the United States and Britain, saying it had nothing to hide and that Washington was even welcome to send in CIA agents to direct U.N. arms inspectors to any suspect sites.

President Saddam Hussein and his officials said on Sunday Iraq was doing all it could to cooperate with the United Nations and urged the world to halt the American-British war machine.

Washington was unmoved. "While we have not given up on disarming Iraq through the United Nations, we are now entering a final phase in how we compel Saddam Hussein to disarm," said a White House official.

He declined comment on the offer to send in CIA agents.

AFR- I will NEVER think it is ok to attack a
country just because some people think it
is possible that persons living in that
country MIGHT attack us. That is just too
paranoid/strangelove-esque for me. If we
perpetuate the idea that we can police
the world on our terms, we might get a
reputation like Adolf Hitler did. He was convinced
he was right about certain groups too. I don't
think we've crossed that line but at times, I
feel that we step right up to it - especially now.
We can not force our way of life down the throats
of the whole world. We need to live and let live;
perhaps there would be less hatred directed towards
this great country if we minded our own business
from time to time. I've travelled a lot, many people
in this world prefer their lives to ours and resent our
arrogance. I happen to think this IS the best
place in the world but I respect the opinions of others
regarding their position.

AFR- I will NEVER think it is ok to attack a country just because some people think it
is possible that persons living in that
country MIGHT attack us.

So you would not have favored a pre-emptive attack in order to prevent the attacks of 9/11? Interesting...

We can not force our way of life down the throats of the whole world.

Sorry, but we're not trying to force our way of life of the Iraqis - we are trying to make them live up to the agreements that THEY signed in order to cease hostilities during the Gulf War. Should we just ignore the fact that they are ignoring the cease-fire THEY signed? If the cease-fire is violated, then why shouldn't we go finish the war, and do what we planned to do in 1991, had they not signed the agreement?

I've travelled a lot, many people in this world prefer their lives to ours and resent our
arrogance.

Hey, let them resent away, I could care less. And much of the resentment is due to what we have in this country, not just our supposed arrogance. But again, let them resent all they want. So long as they don't attack us or plan to attack us, I could care less what they think. So long as they don't harm American citizens here at home, let 'em live however they like. But when their resentment leads to plans which if implemented would result in the death of Americans in this country, then they've stepped over the line, and need to be stopped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter