Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Is a transfer shower is the same as a roll-in shower? I am not sure what a transfer shower is, but it appears to be a separate booking category from roll-in shower, so I would not assume they are the same without some official confirmation.

We stayed in Niue 1703 last October. I can confirm that it has a daybed, and that it is reasonably comfortable because I slept on it for five nights! Our room was definitely described in our booking as resort view, wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower (not transfer). This shower had an open doorway with no lip so a wheelchair could roll right in. Transfer was not required unless the person wanted to use the flip down seat. I’ll attach a couple of pictures of the shower in 1703. (Please pardon our towels!)

Other wheelchair accessible features included a swinging door to the patio with a transition strip on the threshold for easier rolling, lower beds, and no sitting chair or benches at the end of the beds to leave more room for the wheelchair to move. If you need a roll-in shower this is a great room.

ETA: You can get this room to show on TP by selecting roll-in shower under accessibility options.

Pease update us about what room you get and its features. I’m very interested!

View attachment 895370

View attachment 895369
Thanks for this. This is a transfer shower, as Dave says, because the user wheels the chair in and slides over to the fold-down bench: the transfer, if you will. A roll-in shower allows the user to roll the entire chair into the shower and requires more room than this allows. There is usually a curtain drain around the perimeter of roll-in showers that ought to be at the entrance of this one too. That would help to keep the floor dry!

My husband cannot walk without aids a walker or his mobility scooter. But transfer showers are perfect because he cannot stand long enough in a shower without a bench. I was happy to see Disney change the wording of this category since there is a big difference between the two types of showers. This one came available just this morning so we made the switch from an accessible room with tub which is also a very difficult maneuver for him.

The fact that TP does not list a Resort View 2Q + daybed as a choice was my sticking point. I thought I had missed something, so thanks to everyone for pointing out the need to disregard that stinkin' daybed when looking for the possible rooms. :)

My husband is going to be over the moon when he realizes we are staying at the Poly. It was the first WDW resort we ever stayed in, back in 1988, and to this day it is his favorite. I switched our reservation without telling him. I am not even certain he will "get it" until our driver pulls up to the Poly instead of CBR. :rolleyes::love2:

Thanks for this. This is a transfer shower, as Dave says, because the user wheels the chair in and slides over to the fold-down bench: the transfer, if you will. A roll-in shower allows the user to roll the entire chair into the shower and requires more room than this allows. There is usually a curtain drain around the perimeter of roll-in showers that ought to be at the entrance of this one too. That would help to keep the floor dry!

My husband cannot walk without aids a walker or his mobility scooter. But transfer showers are perfect because he cannot stand long enough in a shower without a bench. I was happy to see Disney change the wording of this category since there is a big difference between the two types of showers. This one came available just this morning so we made the switch from an accessible room with tub which is also a very difficult maneuver for him.

The fact that TP does not list a Resort View 2Q + daybed as a choice was my sticking point. I thought I had missed something, so thanks to everyone for pointing out the need to disregard that stinkin' daybed when looking for the possible rooms. :)

My husband is going to be over the moon when he realizes we are staying at the Poly. It was the first WDW resort we ever stayed in, back in 1988, and to this day it is his favorite. I switched our reservation without telling him. I am not even certain he will "get it" until our driver pulls up to the Poly instead of CBR. :rolleyes::love2:

Thank you so much for the explanation! I’m so glad you were able to book the room, we really enjoyed it! Niue is a great location.

FWIW, my brother did roll his chair right into that shower, though it was indeed a tight fit! We made it work. I have more pictures of the room if there is anything you want a closer look at.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Polynesian Island Tower Point Sales Launch October 1, 2024 for Existing Owners and October 29, 2024 for New Buyers

Disney Vacation Club will begin selling points for the new Island Tower at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows on October 1, with a base price of $225 per point.

Sales of Island Tower points will officially launch on October 1, 2024, just 2.5 months before the building makes its debut on December 17, 2024. Disney Vacation Club has revealed a base price of $225 per point, which is consistent with other Walt Disney World based resorts including Disney's Riviera Resort and The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Promotional discounts are expected to be offered, but will likely not be shared until October 1st.

Reservations for the new facility will open on October 15. DVC's promotional material specifically states that "members who add on can take advantage of early booking at the Island Tower addition beginning October 15!" It remains to be seen exactly how this will be administered. Island Tower is an addition to the condominium association of Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. Owners of points in the original longhouse units and the watertop bungalows share 11-month booking rights for Island Tower.

First-time DVC buyers can purchase ownership in the Polynesian villas beginning October 29, 2024. Reservations will open November 5th for this group.

Initially, rooms inventory is expected to be very limited at Island Tower. The initial declaration included only 40 rooms, meaning members will only have access to those 40 villas when booking with DVC points. The remainder of the building will be gradually added to the condo association as sales progress. Until added, excess rooms are available to Disney to sell to cash guests.

The nightly points chart for 2024 and 2025 has also been revealed.

But as for more serious content, I know this is generally more of a hotel-side thread, but I find the new Tower floorplans interesting. Curious as to the square footages, I'm guessing everything here is on the small side given the rather tight site.

Duo Studio
1726605084873.png

Deluxe Studio
1726605141971.png

One Bedroom Villa
1726605245552.png

Two Bedroom Villa
1726605271355.png

Two Bedroom Penthouse Villa
1726605305413.png

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest