Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party just announced!

I think we are upset about first world problems here. I for one am grateful to even be discussing Disney events happening on any level. Yes, it isn't the same but, at least we have it and things have opened up. My favorite thing about Disney World is atmosphere especially during the holidays. Last year we went and had to wear masks. I am thrilled to be able to once again see smiles on the faces of other guests and breath in the scents of the season. It is going to be thrilling for anyone who gets to go this holidays season. To celebrate Christmas with holiday events, fireworks again and everything new.
It's a Disney message board. It's all first world problems.

Hotels with early entry into the party party:
  • Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Shades of Green Resort
  • Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts
  • Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
  • Waldorf Astoria Orlando
  • B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista
  • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando
  • Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
  • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
  • Holiday Inn Orlando
  • Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
  • Four Seasons Resort Orlando

Last edited:
i apologize in advance if this question was asked and answered, but why is the Merriest Afterhours ending December 21st (Tuesday) instead of finishing off the rest of the week and capturing the Xmas crowd and really rack in the bucks?
The only thing i could think of was to avoid large gathering of non vaccine eligible kids & respective families that will be out of school for the holiday break.
In any event, i'm very excited this is being offered and look forward to more announcements to come...

i apologize in advance if this question was asked and answered, but why is the Merriest Afterhours ending December 21st (Tuesday) instead of finishing off the rest of the week and capturing the Xmas crowd and really rack in the bucks?
The only thing i could think of was to avoid large gathering of non vaccine eligible kids & respective families that will be out of school for the holiday break.
In any event, i'm very excited this is being offered and look forward to more announcements to come...

I don’t recall MVMCP or the old version of After Hours ever being scheduled during Christmas week. Presumably to keep MK available for the massive crowds.

Has it ever *not* been an expensive place to go? Staying at a Disney resort has never been a cheap thing to do. Going for any prolonged period of time (more than, say, 2 days) has never been cheap. Working class and even lower middle class families have never been able to easily go to Disney. It’s always been a stretch or something many families have simply never been able to do.

That said, there remain ways of making the parks less expensive. You can stay off-site. You can use Disney gift cards. You can bring in your own food/eat breakfast where you’re staying. You can drive there rather than flying. Lots of people with widely varying budgets have been able to make a Disney vacation work for them. You simply need to be a little creative about it.

If you’re sensing that Disney is getting to be less affordable, that’s probably because household incomes have not risen by all that much since the 1970s. Median household income has gone up by about 8 times since 1971. In contrast, a one-day ticket to Disney World has gone up by 35 times.

The reasons for the lack of wage increases are obviously very political and not something we should be getting into here, but suffice it to say it goes well beyond what Disney can control.
Pricing is everything to guests and profit is everything to WDW. It's just business.

When I first walked through Storm Along Bay at BCV many years ago, I marveled at the place and said WOW - look at all the rich people who can afford to stay here!

Years later I got tired of paying hotel rates, worked the numbers and bought into BCV to save money on the high end accommodations and stay in a well appointed villa.

Considering the value has doubled since I bought in 2009, I can deal with the price increases but agree, I really don't like them taking away benefits as fast as they are doing in just the last year (e.g.: Magical Express, Magic Bands) while raising prices. Next thing will be banning bringing food into the parks - oh wait, they already did that. Now they removed "Christmas" from MVMCP. So sad.

And yes the average American family who makes about $62,000 needs to save for three years to be able to come here. That just is not right.

Pricing is everything to guests and profit is everything to WDW. It's just business.

When I first walked through Storm Along Bay at BCV many years ago, I marveled at the place and said WOW - look at all the rich people who can afford to stay here!

Years later I got tired of paying hotel rates, worked the numbers and bought into BCV to save money on the high end accommodations and stay in a well appointed villa.

Considering the value has doubled since I bought in 2009, I can deal with the price increases but agree, I really don't like them taking away benefits as fast as they are doing in just the last year (e.g.: Magical Express, Magic Bands) while raising prices. Next thing will be banning bringing food into the parks - oh wait, they already did that. Now they removed "Christmas" from MVMCP. So sad.

And yes the average American family who makes about $62,000 needs to save for three years to be able to come here. That just is not right.

They haven’t banned bring food into the parks.

I always bring sandwiches & bananas to the park in a small cooler pack (no loose ice). never had an issue.

I don’t recall MVMCP or the old version of After Hours ever being scheduled during Christmas week. Presumably to keep MK available for the massive crowds.

That's true. MVMCP always ended several days before Christmas each year.

As the last time we went was 2010, I looked to verify. In 2019 the last day was 12/22nd, 2018 it was 12/21st, 2017 it was 12/22nd.

Reactions: CJN
If you’re sensing that Disney is getting to be less affordable, that’s probably because household incomes have not risen by all that much since the 1970s. Median household income has gone up by about 8 times since 1971. In contrast, a one-day ticket to Disney World has gone up by 35 times.

Which Disney is also on the wrong side of.

Lets face it, when your goals entail profit before people, this is where we get to.

These are non-refundable right? I'm very curious to see the initial reviews of Boo Bash since they opened the floor to many more tickets. I imagine they'll be doing the same for Merriest and it will be packed.

I am wondering if they are making an exception for overseas visitors though in the form of credit?
I guess that would depend on the reason why. If the reason was that Disney wasn't accepting guests from out of country then I can see that happening. Otherwise, if it is because they canceled their trip then no.

I guess that would depend on the reason why.

That would be my guess as well. With travel into the US so limited, I don't think they qualify for a credit if they purchased tickets banking on being able to get in by event time. However, if they purchased tickets while they WERE able to get here and get in, and that was rescinded, I believe Disney would extend a credit. All personal speculation tho.

Any guesses on when they will actually reveal the dates and prices?

If they follow the same timeline as for Boo Bash it could be ten days or so we have to wait yet to hear dates:

May 7th - Boo Bash was announced.
June 2nd - dates and prices were announced.
June 8th - tickets went on sale to resort guests.
June 15th - tickets went on sale to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter