Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party just announced!

I just hope getting in at 7 isn't going to be a nightmare. Depending what time park closes, and how many day guests linger in the past it was congested. getting to read about boo bash entry experience will help.

I don't get why they can't announce the dates when they announce the event, let alone announce price or sale date.

I don't get why they can't announce the dates when they announce the event, let alone announce price or sale date.

I agree. I assume there will be a party 12/21st, but as that is the only day we would be able to go - I am worried about the price. If they do like Boo Bash, it may be $200 a person kind of night.

It would be nice to figure out our plan, budget, etc. ahead of time.

True, but there is really no reason they couldn't be mostly normal by now. Especially by December. This seems like a money grab by Disney to offer a limited perk event at the same price as MVMCP instead of giving the people the real thing.
That would be because of all of the people you see saying things like, "Aww man, I wish they were having the meet and greets but...ok" or "Gee I sure wish they were having the parade but...ok". These people are showing Disney that we are willing to pay top dollar for next to nothing just because it's Disney. These people will also be the first to complain when they decided not to EVER bring back the real parties simply because they don't need to.

Yeah a poster at WDWMAGIC said the reason they aren't doing it for Boo Bash is that it doesn't get dark til 9. Come Christmas it's dark around 6 so they can do the 50th ones at 7 and do the Christmas ones at 9 or 10
But no solid confirmation- Honestly, I'll be surprised if they do both, but it would be nice.

I personally like this way better than the parties....we don't attend the parties though. :) I hated that half the year was working around super early closing nights and less amenities for those that couldn't afford to pay $700 for one night for their family to enjoy. It still provides the perks of the event without closing as early and the shortened seasonal event means less nights taken up overall.

I never claimed to have a life!
Neither did we haha
I personally like this way better than the parties....we don't attend the parties though. :) I hated that half the year was working around super early closing nights and less amenities for those that couldn't afford to pay $700 for one night for their family to enjoy. It still provides the perks of the event without closing as early and the shortened seasonal event means less nights taken up overall.
I’m fine with the parties, but I’m not fine with offering significantly less for more money. We always did the Christmas party, sometimes twice a trip along with the dessert party. Loved it. I just don’t know if the juice is worth the squeeze on these new “events” they’re coming up with.

I don't have a problem with replacing the parties with these new events. The regular parties were absolutely a rip off due to crowd levels for us. We would never attend another one unless capacity was significantly reduced. What I have a problem with is charging the same or more as they did for a fraction of what was offered. It's also misleading to call them After Hours when clearly it will not be the same crowd levels as the regular after hours were. They need a new name, not attached to a event that is absolutely different.

This might be a random question but can I buy tickets without knowing exactly who is going? Do you have to add names to the tickets right away and name changes are allowed or no and that's what "nontransferable" means?

I'd rather buy an extra ticket and be able to change the name if needed than to have to tell anyone in the family, "Sorry you can't come. It's sold out now" if they were able to later.
It will automatically link you( the purchaser) to one adult ticket but will ask you to link the rest to your MDE list of people. I didn’t have to link them right away, but did so after making my purchase online.

It's also misleading to call them After Hours when clearly it will not be the same crowd levels as the regular after hours were. They need a new name, not attached to a event that is absolutely different.

Well I agree it’s misleading calling them After Hours. I was one who was sucked in by the After Hours naming. Seeing what will be available with the newly announced Christmas event, I’m now convinced they are just using this as a chance to “reset” the parties. Keep many of the party aspects, slow the complaints about parks closing early for the parties, ditch the parade (save $$, get people shopping or eating instead of sitting waiting for a parade), do character sightings instead of time consuming meet & greets, drop the admission numbers but keep the profit by increasing the price.

Personally, I hope the AH of old are still a thing at other times of the year. I really just want that emptier park atmosphere & more ride time. I have planned trips specifically to attend one. I hope these events don’t become crazy like the parties were or that regular AH are gone.

I will say I had a relative bring up another point: they have a 3 year old & were looking forward to Halloween & Christmas parties with her in the next year. She pointed out that they & many families won’t attend holiday AH events that go to 1 AM with small children. They won’t spend $150-200 a person knowing they will leave the event early either. The regular parties would work much better for them. So she hopes regular parties return next year.

It's also misleading to call them After Hours when clearly it will not be the same crowd levels as the regular after hours were. They need a new name, not attached to a event that is absolutely different.

Found my answer.

Last edited:
I just hope getting in at 7 isn't going to be a nightmare. Depending what time park closes, and how many day guests linger in the past it was congested. getting to read about boo bash entry experience will help.

I see it another way. I think the day guest is getting a raw deal. They pay for a full day to park closes, and then the party people are let in 2 hours early!!! I have been that day guest and didn't know disney did this. It was awful for us to try to enjoy our paid for last 2 hours. The rides were over an hour wait and trying to walk around MK was dangerous. It was shoulder to shoulder. We didn't "linger" but got out of there ! So when you enter early you might have to put up with those pesky day guests for a while. I know I will never go to a park on party days anymore. Not worth the wait, the hassle, and the money paid for that day, IMO>
I think disney should make it party hours as stated, with NO early entry. That way, it would be fair to everyone. You get the party hours you paid for and the day guests get the hours they paid for without the humungus crowds. I know disney doesn't care about the day guests, but it still irritates me.
Sorry to unload on you but it is a sore point when it sounds like a party person doesn't like the day guests to linger.....

Last edited:
I see it another way. I think the day guest is getting a raw deal. They pay for a full day to park closes, and then the party people are let in 2 hours early!!! I have been that day guest and didn't know disney did this. It was awful for us to enjoy our paid for last 2 hours. The rides were over an hour wait and trying to walk around MK was dangerous. It was shoulder to shoulder. We didn't "linger" but got out of there ! So when you enter early you might have to put up with those pesky day guests for a while. I know I will never go to a park on party days anymore. Not worth the wait, the hassle, and the money paid for that day, IMO>
To be fair, the after hours ticket is often more than a daily ticket, sometimes significantly more. I don't see an issue with them having access to the park for 2 hours. They are paying for that time, too.

To be fair, the after hours ticket is often more than a daily ticket, sometimes significantly more. I don't see an issue with them having access to the park for 2 hours. They are paying for that time, too.

Just my experience and opinion. It seems disney is taking away alot from the day guests with parties up to 4 days a week.
It's obvious disney doesn't care about the day guests experience, so I don't know why I do?

Yeah a poster at WDWMAGIC said the reason they aren't doing it for Boo Bash is that it doesn't get dark til 9. Come Christmas it's dark around 6 so they can do the 50th ones at 7 and do the Christmas ones at 9 or 10

This makes a ton of sense. Lots of people are not thinking about the fact that Disney needs to coordinate both the 50th anniversary stuff and the Christmas stuff, come November/December. That explains the later start time for this event, IMO.

I see it another way. I think the day guest is getting a raw deal. They pay for a full day to park closes, and then the party people are let in 2 hours early!!! I have been that day guest and didn't know disney did this. It was awful for us to try to enjoy our paid for last 2 hours. The rides were over an hour wait and trying to walk around MK was dangerous. It was shoulder to shoulder. We didn't "linger" but got out of there ! So when you enter early you might have to put up with those pesky day guests for a while. I know I will never go to a park on party days anymore. Not worth the wait, the hassle, and the money paid for that day, IMO>
I think disney should make it party hours as stated, with NO early entry. That way, it would be fair to everyone. You get the party hours you paid for and the day guests get the hours they paid for without the humungus crowds. I know disney doesn't care about the day guests, but it still irritates me.
Sorry to unload on you but it is a sore point when it sounds like a party person doesn't like the day guests to linger.....
It can be a mixed bag either way. Party tickets are much more than a day guest, esp those on AP or multi day tickets. And day guests are picking that park that day knowing limited hours or additional guests will be entering. Some people have felt day hours on a party day are much less crowded overall, depends on the day. I have seen people be asked to leave 2 hours AFTER park close that didn't pay trying to sneak the parade or special events. I don't mind the park guests being in until park close, but I more meant entering, security and congestion overall esp when these events are likely pricier than ever.
The only fair way would be to clear entire park and start all over - And I have said that myself on both sides of the argument.

It can be a mixed bag either way. Party tickets are much more than a day guest, esp those on AP or multi day tickets. And day guests are picking that park that day knowing limited hours or additional guests will be entering. Some people have felt day hours on a party day are much less crowded overall, depends on the day. I have seen people be asked to leave 2 hours AFTER park close that didn't pay trying to sneak the parade or special events. I don't mind the park guests being in until park close, but I more meant entering, security and congestion overall esp when these events are likely pricier than ever.
The only fair way would be to clear entire park and start all over - And I have said that myself on both sides of the argument.

Yup. Given that clearing the entire park is impractical and doesn’t solve the issue of cutting hours short for day guests, I’m not sure what the alternative is. Would people rather they cancel parties altogether? Can you imagine the collective freak out that would happen if Disney did that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter