Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party just announced!

The things that I would like to see return in the future are the character meets and parade. I'm sure the fireworks show will be great but it's not enough for me to want to drop the money on tickets. We may go but I'm leaning towards no right now as it doesn't seem like it would be good enough value for us. Looking forward to seeing all of the decorations though.

Fireworks were huge for us and enough to get us to book a trip when they were announced after having stayed away since the re-opening. I regret making the reservation now, but at this point. it's too costly to cancel. When they have the shows, character meets and parades back, along with whatever ride allocation system they finally put out, we'll be back. I don't hate Disney, we're just not paying these prices for less than half the normal experiences. This is just an expensive trip (spending as little as possible, but no trip is cheap) to see the fireworks we don't believe will be coming back.

We're headed to DLR in October- they seem to be able to actually re-open with more than just things that sound like the real thing. That may well be where we get our Disney fix for the time being.

Yes, but the primary difference between the previous holiday events and this year is the lack of parade and perhaps stage shows. That’s why I keep harping on staffing. Making this year like previous years requires rehiring and training performers. As you may know, that is a long process: you have to identify people with a very specific skill set and then rehearse them. You have to be able to safely rehearse in large groups (remember that adults weren’t even generally eligible for vaccination until April). Hiring performers is among the most difficult of the skill sets Disney requires.
It has nothing to do with staffing on why they are doing after hours versus a real party. It actually has to do with the 50th. They don't want to have any nights they close early and have regular guests miss out on the fireworks.

I am super excited about the news today. Have never been to an after hours holiday event and am looking forward to booking this one (and cringing greatly at the price lol). When it comes to the treats they give out for free, can someone tell me more about those? What we can most likely expect to see?

Does Disney still have fireworks for the normal day guests on nights that there is an after hours event? Or is this the first after hours event with fireworks? Trying to figure out if there will be double fireworks on after hours event nights.

No matter what they charge its got to be cheaper then paid fast passes. Hopefully that doesn't become a thing. WIth the way Disney listens to guests temper tantrums it might never become a thing. Just think how fast noodles came back on the the Ohana menu. lol

I am super excited about the news today. Have never been to an after hours holiday event and am looking forward to booking this one (and cringing greatly at the price lol). When it comes to the treats they give out for free, can someone tell me more about those? What we can most likely expect to see?
Bottles of water, soda, popcorn and ice cream. Just remember they are not free. You paid for them with the price of admission so stock up. We did a AA event back in 2019 and it was great.

Does Disney still have fireworks for the normal day guests on nights that there is an after hours event? Or is this the first after hours event with fireworks? Trying to figure out if there will be double fireworks on after hours event nights.
Only if they are doing something at another park. There won't be fireworks shows going on early evening before the event. They will want to make it easier to move non party guests out of the park before the event.

I think my family will sit this one out. We have tickets to the AHBB and feel slighted on how they just up and added extra tickets and then blamed it on people not being able to get through on the phone lines(for the most part). We already paid double for what we usually pay at MNSSHP and seem to be getting less! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice!!! Never again! Good luck to all who hope to attend. I hope it’s all you’ve been waiting for and more 😍

This might be a random question but can I buy tickets without knowing exactly who is going? Do you have to add names to the tickets right away and name changes are allowed or no and that's what "nontransferable" means?

I'd rather buy an extra ticket and be able to change the name if needed than to have to tell anyone in the family, "Sorry you can't come. It's sold out now" if they were able to later.

Only if they are doing something at another park. There won't be fireworks shows going on early evening before the event. They will want to make it easier to move non party guests out of the park before the event.
Apparently they will be doing both fireworks nightly.

Apparently they will be doing both fireworks nightly.
Thought it was swapping on party nights? Great if not as i want to see the 50th fireworks near to the castle and also stand back down main street to see the projections.

It has nothing to do with staffing on why they are doing after hours versus a real party. It actually has to do with the 50th. They don't want to have any nights they close early and have regular guests miss out on the fireworks.

But wait … I thought it was because Chapek is a cheap POS! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter