Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party just announced!

But they start on a Monday, and the pattern for Boo Bash was random where some weeks only 1 party due to 50th.
true. i forgot about that part. i was thinking in usual times. forgot about the 50th. we can never really know what they are going to do. we will have to wait and see to know for sure.

They’re still working on getting staffing back up to normal. I’m sure all of these events will be back to normal in 2022.
True, but there is really no reason they couldn't be mostly normal by now. Especially by December. This seems like a money grab by Disney to offer a limited perk event at the same price as MVMCP instead of giving the people the real thing.

True, but there is really no reason they couldn't be mostly normal by now. Especially by December. This seems like a money grab by Disney to offer a limited perk event at the same price as MVMCP instead of giving the people the real thing.

It takes a long time to hire and train people, especially if you want good people.

I guess if you’re ok with Disney hiring just anyone then they could replace the thousands of people they had to lay off in a matter of months.

It takes a long time to hire and train people, especially if you want good people.

I guess if you’re ok with Disney hiring just anyone then they could replace the thousands of people they had to lay off in a matter of months.
Maybe they could stop ramping up capacity and opening all the resorts to divert cast to other areas. Basically stop cramming the parks with people until you have more things for them to do besides stand in hour + long lines.

So you really think this about anything other than the money for them??? They could have been hiring months and months ago. They have chosen this path and have decided to do things this way. It is not about anything but the money in this case....

So you really think this about anything other than the money for them??? They could have been hiring months and months ago. They have chosen this path and have decided to do things this way. It is not about anything but the money in this case....
The most positive slant you can put on this is Disney vastly underestimated how fast they’d need to ramp up and are scrambling now. But they’re making choices based on $$$$ to the detriment of the guest experience. They have options and they’re opting to make as much money as possible as fast as they can and willing to sacrifice guest satisfaction to do it.

The most positive slant you can put on this is Disney vastly underestimated how fast they’d need to ramp up and are scrambling now. But they’re making choices based on $$$$ to the detriment of the guest experience. They have options and they’re opting to make as much money as possible as fast as they can and willing to sacrifice guest satisfaction to do it.
Could not be a much more true statement. Although I wouldn't say they vastly underestimated. I think most knew we could very easily be back to normal by fall of this year and we will be. But they chose to do what they are doing....at the expense of the guest. I booked for December assuming (which I clearly should not have done) that I would get a normal WDW experience as we have in years past. Clearly, I made a mistake.

Give me the realistic timeline, according to which you think they could have had thousands of people back to work and trained up by this point. I’m waiting.

I think the announcement for “Deluxe Resorts“ references the advance purchase window and then tickets will be sold based on remaining availability for the non-Deluxe category.

Give me the realistic timeline, according to which you think they could have had thousands of people back to work and trained up by this point. I’m waiting.
You’re telling me hiring in the spring of this year wouldn’t have had them at nearly full staff by fall???
It’s ridiculous to think they are making these decisions for anything but generating revenue while giving the guests a watered down experience, therefore limiting overhead costs.
If they are going to offer a “party” with less offerings and less staff according to you, then why is it more expensive than the normal party which has more offerings and more staff??? 🤔🤔🤔

So you want Disney to generate less revenue? How are they supposed to bring everything back to normal in that case?
Increased pricing, like charging for FP+. the cheaper to produce holiday events at higher prices, raised food prices- fewer people, higher pp revenue. And nevermind, it's not as though WDW is broke or even close to it. They've survived the pandemic just fine.

And the fact is, they brought this problem on themselves by sitting back and doing nothing to prepare to re-open. They've had plenty of time. Their failure to prepare shouldn't be the guest's burden.

Increased pricing, like charging for FP+. the cheaper to produce holiday events at higher prices, raised food prices- fewer people, higher pp revenue. And nevermind, it's not as though WDW is broke or even close to it. They've survived the pandemic just fine.

And the fact is, they brought this problem on themselves by sitting back and doing nothing to prepare to re-open. They've had plenty of time. Their failure to prepare shouldn't be the guest's burden.

Seriously? You think they did nothing to prepare to re-open? What‘s your evidence of this?

It’s so easy to be a keyboard warrior, sitting there and acting as though you know better how to run a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Unless you also run a mega-corporation, you might want to consider that your opinion is not exactly coming from a place of knowledge.

Seriously? You think they did nothing to prepare to re-open? What‘s your evidence of this?

It’s so easy to be a keyboard warrior, sitting there and acting as though you know better how to run a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Unless you also run a mega-corporation, you might want to consider that your opinion is not exactly coming from a place of knowledge.
We don't know better. But we are wise enough to know their priority is making money. And the easiest way to do that is cutting perks but charging more. That is what is happening. How hard is it for you to see that. Not one person would take issue with what they are doing if it didn't feel like a watered down experience. You can make excuses all you want, but when you charge more for less....thats watered down

I don’t have to run a mega corporation to know when a company is disregarding customer service to turn a quick buck. Any mom and pop corner store knows that. They could have FP+ ready tomorrow but refuse to do it because they want a new pay to play system. They can’t start that because they don’t have it working right yet. And that’s just 1 example.

I know they didn’t do enough to prepare to re-open. How? Because they aren’t ready. They’re scrambling trying to figure his how to keep upping capacity and not have a situation where guests are lined up at GS demanding refunds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter