**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I am guessing the new Incredibles section will probably not be open for the After Hours party correct? On that same note, what time on a normal day does that end? We are looking to try one of the num num cookies and we will only be in HS on the party day. Trying to plan on when to get there if we want one of them and perhaps see the new Incredibles area. (We are AP so we can go in anytime)

The Incredibles thing goes until 6:30pm. I don’t believe we’ve seen any reports of it being available during DAH.

I am guessing the new Incredibles section will probably not be open for the After Hours party correct? On that same note, what time on a normal day does that end? We are looking to try one of the num num cookies and we will only be in HS on the party day. Trying to plan on when to get there if we want one of them and perhaps see the new Incredibles area. (We are AP so we can go in anytime)

We have APs, too and plan to get to HS by 5pm. Heading straight to the Monsters meet, then Incredibles and then Baseline for refreshment :D

Bought my ticket for 2/2 today. Had been waiting on weather forecast as I fly out of Denver that day. Looks good AND I got a bonus at work so I knew exactly what to spend it on!!! Now it’s kind of sad to think in 5 days it’ll all be over.

Bought my ticket for 2/2 today. Had been waiting on weather forecast as I fly out of Denver that day. Looks good AND I got a bonus at work so I knew exactly what to spend it on!!! Now it’s kind of sad to think in 5 days it’ll all be over.
We’ll be there too!

Does anyone know the transportation situation to get back to the yacht club after this event?

We often stay at The Boardwalk and always walk to and from HS. It is a nice stroll along the water to get back. Depending on bus/boat timing it can also be quicker to walk than any other transportation.

Hey yall- I know there is a thread about the DHSDAH but theres a lot of pages and commenters. Figured I'd put a thread out for those of us attending the 2/2 event. It will be me, my hubby, son and our friend attending. Staying at BWV, and super excited to attend this. No real plan of action yet, but we do have an ADR at 50's for 4:30 that day, leaving us plenty of room to snack on ice cream and pop corn :)

So who else is going on 2/2?

I can see the prices for this one going up once Star Wars land opens. It's honestly the only reason why I'd do another AH.

Here's my belated report about the 1/19 event. I have a timeline of sorts and some random thoughts (I apologize in advance for my rambling)...

7:30 - 8
I had popped over to Epcot and met my family (DH, DS14, DD12) inside HS a little later than planned. We got our wristbands and just walked around Hollywood Blvd and made our way to Star Tours.

8 - 8:30 (before event started, just to be clear with different start times and such) After Star Tours, we headed over to Sunset Blvd. We tried to get some waters at the kiosk near the Path of the Jedi area (is it still called that?), but it was 8:27pm and covered and the CMs said no water until 8:30 and start of fireworks! We were antsy for TOT and figured we'd pick up water later...My ungrateful children did not want to meet Olaf! :headache:
Star Tours 2x - walk on

8:30-9:30 Walked upstream on Hollywood Blvd. Discovered that RRC was down (about a half hour) and headed to TOT. They did pre-show both times. I asked about it and they said it was up to management! After 2nd ride, went to RRC - shorter line and no pre-show the first time, longer wait and pre-show the 2nd time. We headed to TSL, stopping at the kiosk at the end of Hollywood Blvd for snacks/water. We also stopped for a photopass photo on Hollywood Blvd.
TOT - 2x
RRC - 2x

9:30 - 10:30 I had read that TSMM was mostly a walk on at previous events, but it was more like 20-25 minutes for us, which was a little unexpected. I knew we'd have a wait for SDD at this point, but we hadn't been on it yet and I wanted to make sure we got multiple rides in case it shut down or something. It was listed at 20 minutes and we waited the full 20 minutes.
TSMM 1x
SDD 1x

10:30 - 11:30 We finished strong! Did SDD two more times with slightly shorter lines, then tried AS2 and did TSMM one more time. My husband doesn't like spinny rides and thought he might not like AS2 (we'd never ridden it yet, so weren't sure what it was like). He went on a fruitless quest for water a few minutes after 11, he said he tried 3 different kiosks, some of which were just covered at this point. He rejoined us at TSMM, where my son finally beat my score and was quite pleased with himself - triumph! I blame the de-hydration.
SDD 2x
AS2
TSMM

Snacks - @HatboxHaint, we may be the reason they were opening up boxes of ice cream at the Sunset stand at the end of the night! After my DH tried to get drinks/ice cream at 11:10, we tried on the way out at Animation Courtyard and they were shut down - they said they haven't had water for a while. We stopped at the Sunset kiosk, although at this point, it was officially a few minutes after 11:30. They didn't have anything, but a manager CM apologized, and I politely said we wouldn't have asked post-event, but that we'd been trying to get water for a while and that for a three hour event, we didn't want to spend time walking to the front of the park, especially if they could be out of stuff there too. He agreed and brought us over to the Secret Stash and busted out sodas and boxes of ice cream (no water) - the people coming up Sunset Blvd started to swarm! :mickeybar

Buses - Great! We saw our bus pulling away as we closed in on our stop, so I thought we'd be in for a wait - and at this point, my DD was an exhausted mess! But another bus came along in just a couple of minutes. We were CR and shared with WL.

Wristbands - The CM told us the only place they were available was at the front of the park. I meant to check down by Brown Derby but forgot, so if anyone else knows, please chime in! Don't forget to get your wristband! There were a lot of people floating around between Fantasmic and the fireworks, and there were quite a few that tried to go on rides afterwards not knowing about the event, so the CMs were checking the wristbands (all night, really). Also, we saw two different groups that appeared to have tickets but forgot their wristbands - one group wanted the CMs to scan their Magic Bands to see the tickets but they were sent to the front of the park, which I'm sure was a pain!

Pre-shows - It seemed like in our experience, whether or not there was a pre-show for a ride was based on wait time, so maybe it ebbs and flows?

We had a blast! If I did it again, I might do things a little differently since there wouldn't be the same need to see TSL (not that we wouldn't want to do those rides, but it wouldn't be the "first" time pressure!). I wanted to do the M&Gs too, and do a photo pass picture in TSL as they looked really cute, but my kids were too focused on getting on SDD! Buzz seemed to be walking around for a while, interacting with people, which looked fun. My only other advice would be to keep your eye on the wait times on the app just in case there are closures! Have fun! :tilt:

good job! yes we were part of the sunset swarmers

We’ll be there too!

Hey yall- I know there is a thread about the DHSDAH but theres a lot of pages and commenters. Figured I'd put a thread out for those of us attending the 2/2 event. It will be me, my hubby, son and our friend attending. Staying at BWV, and super excited to attend this. No real plan of action yet, but we do have an ADR at 50's for 4:30 that day, leaving us plenty of room to snack on ice cream and pop corn :)

So who else is going on 2/2?

My wife and I will be there, also. Looking forward to this! We are doing our first couples-only vacation anywhere since my son was born (18+ years ago), so we decided on our favorite place. We are doing the DAH since we were only planning on 4 days for this trip. That turned into 5 days when we found out they have a DVC Moonlight Magic at MK on the night we were scheduled to fly back home. So we changed the flight, got a room at Pop for that night, and will get another day of magic. This originally scheduled 'quick trip' is turning out to be a nice getaway. Thinking about adding a Keys to the Kingdom tour on our MK day, also.

My wife and I will be there, also. Looking forward to this! We are doing our first couples-only vacation anywhere since my son was born (18+ years ago), so we decided on our favorite place. We are doing the DAH since we were only planning on 4 days for this trip. That turned into 5 days when we found out they have a DVC Moonlight Magic at MK on the night we were scheduled to fly back home. So we changed the flight, got a room at Pop for that night, and will get another day of magic. This originally scheduled 'quick trip' is turning out to be a nice getaway. Thinking about adding a Keys to the Kingdom tour on our MK day, also.

So funny, thats exactly what happened with our trip. See you at moonlight magic too :)

Rain is looking bad for Saturday night so hopefully we can still ride everything even in the rain

We're going to keep eyes peeled for how the March dates are selling since we might go Apr 6.

Has anyone tried to go see Fantasmic (8:30 show with 8:30 close) on a DAH ticket? I'm wondering if the event will be 9-12 and we'll be exiting the theater as it starts. Surely they are not scanning magic bands to see if you have a day ticket to get into F! Is it worth our time? Haven't seen it in ages, also would like to watch SW fireworks, and need to get a good feel of our first TSL trip (I see there may be waits since it will be spring break). Probably will be awhile before we come back due to GE.

We're going to keep eyes peeled for how the March dates are selling since we might go Apr 6.

Has anyone tried to go see Fantasmic (8:30 show with 8:30 close) on a DAH ticket? I'm wondering if the event will be 9-12 and we'll be exiting the theater as it starts. Surely they are not scanning magic bands to see if you have a day ticket to get into F! Is it worth our time? Haven't seen it in ages, also would like to watch SW fireworks, and need to get a good feel of our first TSL trip (I see there may be waits since it will be spring break). Probably will be awhile before we come back due to GE.

I have no experience with this personally but I believe you can book a FP for F! on your DAH ticket to be guaranteed admission into the show. They'll scan for your FP but they won't check for whether or not you have a day ticket. If you're just watching standby, you won't be scanned at all.

Generally you have to choose to watch either F! or the fireworks. I don't believe there's enough time to make it to both. It's all up to personal preference. I'm watching the fireworks when we go because I saw F! last time we went but have not seen the new SW fireworks.

Hello everyone. I'm planning a Valentine's trip with DW just to attend DAH at HS. My question is more about MDE than the event itself. If I purchase tickets online and have them linked to our profiles can I use a previously used plastic ticket that is still active and linked to my profile to get in? Will the system connect the previously used ticket to the DAH entitlement on my profile? Thanks to any MDE experts that can answer this!

Last edited:
Rain is looking bad for Saturday night so hopefully we can still ride everything even in the rain
seems like it would only knock out slink dog... that would be sad but everything else it still a lot of fun. I think I would do the event even without slinky. we only did it once and my 12 DD did not seem that impressed with it after riding RnR

Hello everyone. I'm planning a Valentine's trip with DW just to attend DAH at HS. My question is more about MDE than the event itself. If I purchase tickets online and have them linked to our profiles can I use a previously used plastic ticket that is still active and linked and to my profile to get in? Will the system connect the previously used ticket to the DAH entitlement on my profile? Thanks to any MDE experts that can answer this!

I'm sure there will be someone on here with better information than me, but I think your plastic card should work. I was thinking about doing just a DAH trip and would be buying tickets on my MDE that has magic bands from our last trip linked to it. I was planning to use those magic bands for entry and FP. That should be the same thing as using a previously used plastic card that is linked to your profile. Shouldn't it???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter