**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Hello everyone. I'm planning a Valentine's trip with DW just to attend DAH at HS. My question is more about MDE than the event itself. If I purchase tickets online and have them linked to our profiles can I use a previously used plastic ticket that is still active and linked and to my profile to get in? Will the system connect the previously used ticket to the DAH entitlement on my profile? Thanks to any MDE experts that can answer this!

I'm sure there will be someone on here with better information than me, but I think your plastic card should work. I was thinking about doing just a DAH trip and would be buying tickets on my MDE that has magic bands from our last trip linked to it. I was planning to use those magic bands for entry and FP. That should be the same thing as using a previously used plastic card that is linked to your profile. Shouldn't it???

Thats correct! As long as the RFID cards/MagicBands are showing under each individual profile and are marked active, they will be able to access all the same entitlements as new cards/bands. When you purchase the DAH tickets online, you can select will call and it will have you link the ticket to each person in your MDE account. Once you purchase the tickets, you can skip going to the window and proceed to the tapstile. If you purchase over the phone, you will receive a confirmation number which you can add to MDE and it will then prompt you to link the tickets to each guest.

seems like it would only knock out slink dog... that would be sad but everything else it still a lot of fun. I think I would do the event even without slinky. we only did it once and my 12 DD did not seem that impressed with it after riding RnR
I’d be very upset if we couldn’t ride slinky. Does it not run in the rain? I’d think if it was just rain they would still run it but maybe not. I think slinky is a lot of fun and there’s already hardly anything to do at hs for dah

I’d be very upset if we couldn’t ride slinky. Does it not run in the rain? I’d think if it was just rain they would still run it but maybe not. I think slinky is a lot of fun and there’s already hardly anything to do at hs for dah

I think you normal rain it would still run in. If it’s pouring maybe not. If there is lightening it would of course shut it down. I am going mainly for ToT myself but would be upset if SDD is down because that will increase ToT lines.

I think you normal rain it would still run in. If it’s pouring maybe not. If there is lightening it would of course shut it down. I am going mainly for ToT myself but would be upset if SDD is down because that will increase ToT lines.
There are so few rides that I imagine if one ride closes the rest will have long waits. We are going for tot, rnrc, sdd, and as2

There are so few rides that I imagine if one ride closes the rest will have long waits. We are going for tot, rnrc, sdd, and as2

I agree that closures might impact HS DAH more than, say, MK DAH for that reason. Plus there are dead ends...Like I said on our night, RNRC was down for a half an hour or so, which definitely impacted our line at TOT. The wait wasn't too bad, but everyone already down on that end of the park could either do TOT or double back. We were fortunate it came back up quickly...I would think if SDD was down, it would impact TSMM more, but who knows? Hopefully the weather will cooperate!

This might have been explained somewhere else. We are going on March 30th when park is scheduled to close at 8:30, but fantastic is at 8:30 and Starwars fireworks are at 9:00pm, our event is from 9pm-12am. I know we could try for a fast pass before 8:30pm but how does it work from 8:31-9:00pm? Are we allowed to ride any ride? Not interested in fantastic.

I agree that closures might impact HS DAH more than, say, MK DAH for that reason. Plus there are dead ends...Like I said on our night, RNRC was down for a half an hour or so, which definitely impacted our line at TOT. The wait wasn't too bad, but everyone already down on that end of the park could either do TOT or double back. We were fortunate it came back up quickly...I would think if SDD was down, it would impact TSMM more, but who knows? Hopefully the weather will cooperate!
We would probably ride as2 until sdd opened back up if that’s the case. I can only do tsm once because it hurts my arms so bad (I’m competitive and Dh is too good)

We would probably ride as2 until sdd opened back up if that’s the case. I can only do tsm once because it hurts my arms so bad (I’m competitive and Dh is too good)

I love TSMM! We only did it 2x because we caught a long line the first time, but I had injured my right arm and it did hurt, lol! My DS14 was really competitive with me about it this year - funny because I didn't even remember beating his score before! I squashed him the first time - I always finish strong! - but he beat me the second time! He was so pleased with himself!

This might have been explained somewhere else. We are going on March 30th when park is scheduled to close at 8:30, but fantastic is at 8:30 and Starwars fireworks are at 9:00pm, our event is from 9pm-12am. I know we could try for a fast pass before 8:30pm but how does it work from 8:31-9:00pm? Are we allowed to ride any ride? Not interested in fantastic.

Yes, you can go on rides during that time on standby. We opted for Star Tours because we figured the line would be the shortest and we didn't want to get caught up in a longer line at the end of the night. Our event started at 8:30 and we did Star Tours 2x between 8pm close and 8:30 event start.

Yes, you can go on rides during that time on standby. We opted for Star Tours because we figured the line would be the shortest and we didn't want to get caught up in a longer line at the end of the night. Our event started at 8:30 and we did Star Tours 2x between 8pm close and 8:30 event start.
Perfect! Thanks so much! We really don’t want to be there until midnight so this will be helpful to knock out Star Tours before the 9pm start time. We have no interests in meeting characters (just 3 adults) so hope to then do RcRx2, ToTx2, then head to TSL for an hour before leaving by hopefully 11pm, hope that is reasonable....unless a ride goes down.
Sounds like mixed experiences if rides are a walk on or if have to wait. Will see!

I'm sure there will be someone on here with better information than me, but I think your plastic card should work. I was thinking about doing just a DAH trip and would be buying tickets on my MDE that has magic bands from our last trip linked to it. I was planning to use those magic bands for entry and FP. That should be the same thing as using a previously used plastic card that is linked to your profile. Shouldn't it???

Thats correct! As long as the RFID cards/MagicBands are showing under each individual profile and are marked active, they will be able to access all the same entitlements as new cards/bands. When you purchase the DAH tickets online, you can select will call and it will have you link the ticket to each person in your MDE account. Once you purchase the tickets, you can skip going to the window and proceed to the tapstile. If you purchase over the phone, you will receive a confirmation number which you can add to MDE and it will then prompt you to link the tickets to each guest.

Thank you for the info! I’ll probably print the email as a backup, but it’s good to know we should be able to walk right in without having to stop by GS.

I love TSMM! We only did it 2x because we caught a long line the first time, but I had injured my right arm and it did hurt, lol! My DS14 was really competitive with me about it this year - funny because I didn't even remember beating his score before! I squashed him the first time - I always finish strong! - but he beat me the second time! He was so pleased with himself!
Neither of us like tsmm that much but we always do it once just because. Dh loves as2 even though we’ve only done it once. He can’t do spinning rides and that one doesn’t spin so badly so I think that’s why he likes it

I see your review now, only 2 rides the second hour? Bummer! I know it would be chancy to leave SDD for last but maybe the most efficient?

Perfect! Thanks so much! We really don’t want to be there until midnight so this will be helpful to knock out Star Tours before the 9pm start time. We have no interests in meeting characters (just 3 adults) so hope to then do RcRx2, ToTx2, then head to TSL for an hour before leaving by hopefully 11pm, hope that is reasonable....unless a ride goes down.
Sounds like mixed experiences if rides are a walk on or if have to wait. Will see!

It was a ghost town around there at closing! We just figured Star Tours would be the least likely to have a line at that point

I see your review now, only 2 rides the second hour? Bummer! I know it would be chancy to leave SDD for last but maybe the most efficient?

I think it probably would be more efficient - we observed the line going down as the night progressed. We just hadn't seen TSL yet so it was a big priority for us. We did DAH at MK earlier in the week and had a couple closures that night, and like I mentioned RNRC was closed for a little while at HS, so we just didn't want to take the chance of missing it if it was closed at some point. If I did it again, I'd probably take my chances and leave it for last - we loved it but I don't think we loved it as much as TOT or RNRC, but maybe that's sentimental? I really don't know what was up with the long line for TSMM at that point. I'm not sure what others have experienced? Maybe the RNRC closure affected that too but I don't really know? I don't think there were any other closures that night?

Wishing you a night free of ride closures!

Neither of us like tsmm that much but we always do it once just because. Dh loves as2 even though we’ve only done it once. He can’t do spinning rides and that one doesn’t spin so badly so I think that’s why he likes it

Neither can my DH. No teacups for him! None of us had don't it before - I think he would have been fine as it wasn't as spinny as we anticipated!

How good are they about policing people who should be leaving the park? I bought tickets for my wife and two daughters for 3/23. We’re going to do Fantasmic, let people lose their minds over at TSL for a while, and then head over there in the 10 o’clock hour(at least that’s the plan). However, my friend was telling me that if people are still in line when the park closes, the cast members let those without AH tickets stay and get on anyway? I really hope that’s inaccurate.

How good are they about policing people who should be leaving the park? I bought tickets for my wife and two daughters for 3/23. We’re going to do Fantasmic, let people lose their minds over at TSL for a while, and then head over there in the 10 o’clock hour(at least that’s the plan). However, my friend was telling me that if people are still in line when the park closes, the cast members let those without AH tickets stay and get on anyway? I really hope that’s inaccurate.

It’s no different than any other park closing. Guests in line before closing are allowed to ride. It’s one reason I prefer the morning events to the after hour ones, but I don’t see a problem with their long standing policy.

Josh at Easy wdw reports that they close the TSL lines at closing. They get everyone who is in the line through the ride as they would on any night. Then open the line after 30 min at official beginning of DAH and allow armbands only. This is the way they do it for Pandora and for TSL. YMMV, but that's his reports. Older rides they just let armbands in at anytime without the 30 min gap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter