**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I wish they would release May dates if they are going to!! It sure would help in the planning process.

Ditto! My plans change a lot based on whether DAH gets extended into May or not. Mostly, I don't particularly like going to the same park two days in a row, so if we have DAH at MK on a Thursday night and at DHS on Saturday night, that limits which parks I want to plan Fastpasses in on Thursday-Sunday. If they DON'T extend DAH, then we'll have an entirely different plan.

Is there any information on transportation after the DAH event, specifically will the friendship boat back to YC still be running?

In case this is still unanswered, no, as far as I know Friendship Boats will generally not be running. They will have wrapped up service during their 'normal' time after park closing during the DAH event. I didn't see any during our walk back after the event in Dec.

I'd appreciate any reports from folks who may experience otherwise. Thanks!

We attended the 1/19 event and had a great time. Totally worth the price for us. We did everything at the event other than star tours and the toy story characters meet and greet. We just choose not to do those things. The longest wait was slinky at about 15, but as the night went on the waits decreased. We did all the rides multiple times.

I'm a DVC and AP member. i want to go Saturday 2/9. can i buy tickets day of at the discount rate? really just trying to see how weather plays out before purchasing?

I'm a DVC and AP member. i want to go Saturday 2/9. can i buy tickets day of at the discount rate? really just trying to see how weather plays out before purchasing?
No. There is no discount for buying tickets the day of the event, in fact they are more $129.

I'm pretty sure I saw one AP member state they were able to purchase tickets on the day of with their discount, but I don't remember which event that was (AK, DHS, or MK -- feels like it was AK) and it was only the one report.

You can’t buy discounted tickets online same day, but I have seen reports from folks who have successfully bought with the AP/DVC discount at the ticket window same day. I think YMMV with this though from reports. If you do end up trying, I’d appreciate hearing the outcome as this is something we don’t have a ton of real-time reports on.

Jan 18

entered about 7pm. 10min line at gate, about 30 people deep at the 3 double tapstiles that were open, to get in and get banded. rode star tours with 15-20min wait. got bbq sandwich min and bill's. watched star wars fireworks. met chewie, kyloe and bb-8 with ZERO wait. Kylo did not except my slytherin bag as partial dark side credit. got snacks at location at entrance to sunset blvd. this had no line all night compare to locations near toy story land or outside animation courtyard. rode ToT twice. cast memeber said "does anyone care about pre-show?" everyone said noooo and then she opened the doors exit doors of the pre-show room and let the movie run. the rest of the night we just walked thru the pre-show room and the movie was running on loop. RnRC twice. 10min wait the first time and 5min maybe the next. headed for TSL, rode slinky with a full 20min+ wait. Saw Shannon from WDW prep to go. rode AS2 twice no wait. that ride is fun for a spinner, my daughter really liked it and liked riding by herself. Saw some youtubers from wdwfan4life (I think?) I havn't been able to find their channel yet. Rode TSM. got a no line picture with Buzz...woody/jessie still had a 3-4 group deep line. AND we did not know about edna mode :( .... hit the sunset blvd snack stand again. Ran back to tot and go two more rides on it. as we walked out the sunset snack stand was giving out all their ice cream and drinks for some reason. the other stand had shutdown, but that stand was opening up all their ice cream boxes and handing out whatever people wanted. that was a nice touch to end the event. We attended AK and MK events the previous nights and everything, rides, gift shops and snack carts slammed shut right at event close. I can't blame the cast members because it is late and I'm sure they are ready to shut down after an extended day.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know whether any of the DHS After Hours events have sold out?

We are planning for this event on 03/16. I am also considering upgrading to AP once we arrive on 03/14. If I upgraded on 3/14 I would then be able to purchase DAH tickets for 03/16 online at the AP discount correct? Assuming they are not sold out. Trying to gauge how much of a risk it is to wait until two days prior to purchase.

So what all was in the pixar place area on 1/19? I saw the gates open and meant to go in but we were pressed on time after checking off the TSL rides.

So what all was in the pixar place area on 1/19? I saw the gates open and meant to go in but we were pressed on time after checking off the TSL rides.

I noticed the Municiberg area (former Pixar Place) apparently open as I wandered around on January 19, but did not see any guests actually in there. I assumed nothing was going on. Maybe Edna was greeting people and I just didn't see it. All I could see was a CM or two way in the back, where The Incredibles characters do their dance party thing in the daytime.

I noticed the Municiberg area (former Pixar Place) apparently open as I wandered around on January 19, but did not see any guests actually in there. I assumed nothing was going on. Maybe Edna was greeting people and I just didn't see it. All I could see was a CM or two way in the back, where The Incredibles characters do their dance party thing in the daytime.
It says on the website that the Municiberg stuff closes at 6:30 and Mike and sully stop at 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter