**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Heading to DAH Saturday, February 16, for DD's 21st birthday. We did the one at MK in July and absolutely loved it! Definitely looking forward to it. The AP discount is really nice for these events. I think we will hop over early to find Mike and Sully!

Heading to DAH Saturday, February 16, for DD's 21st birthday. We did the one at MK in July and absolutely loved it! Definitely looking forward to it. The AP discount is really nice for these events. I think we will hop over early to find Mike and Sully!
Ahhh so jealous. I’m still trying to find a way to meet them but it might just not work out on this trip

I did this event on January 12th. I found it to be worth every penny. Now, I was sick (on the tail end of a bad cold) and tired after a long day of travel. I didn’t do as much as I could have, had I been feeling better and had more energy.

Everything was walk on. Tower of Terror. Only two other people on my ride. Walked on Rock N Roller Coaster. Slinky Dog, too! My first time in Toy Story Land. The theming is so cute. Slinky Dog might be my new favorite.
That was it for rides for me. Again, only because I wasn’t feeling well. I met Buzz, Woody and Jessie, Olaf and Mickey and Minnie. No lines.

I got to park around 8. Did all above and leisurely strolled the whole park taking pictures and soaking it in and was in a Minnie Van on my way to my room before 10pm.

Cast members were friendly and happy. They diligently checked for wrist bands. I watched them turn people away who didn’t have bands.

I will do this again... hopefully when I’m feeling better and can take more advantage.

Here now and thought I’d update while my H and son go for another round on Star Tours! (My stomach tolerates one round). At 9:45 we’ve already done TSM, AS2, SDD, got ice cream and drinks, and 2 rounds on Star Tours. TSL is definitely the most crowded but there’s already no wait for TSM or AS2. At 8:35 the wait for SDD was posted as 20 min and took 15. Loving it so far!

Ooh, report back on if they let you stay on at all! :)
Just finished, on bus going back to OKW.
Loved being able to walk around the park without a million people. Was a bit disappointed in the wait times though , was hoping for lower. Set goal to ride everything twice and managed *just* with doing star tours, character meets /pics before DAH started. Didn't get in until 7:07 , they were pretty slow at getting people in (we were lined up from 6:30). Started with TOT, first wait 10mins , 2nd 6mins. Couldn't convince husband to ride RNR straight away which would have been much better ..went to TSM , posted 5, first wait 14mins. Did SDD , 20 mins wait. Back to TSM, 13min wait. Back to RNR , 10min wait, straight back on, 7 min wait. Hoofed it back to SDD and managed 2nd ride, wait 10mins. Grabbed 2 ice cream bars on the way but didn't stop walking.
Pleased I got all I wanted done, though ! HS has some great rides, SDD is WAY better at night, was pretty underwhelmed riding it during the day but really enjoyed at night. And TOT is such a fun ride (from Australia and last time here was 2013 so definitely not old for us !
Got ice creams at cart near TOT, also 1 near brown Derby and at opp side going towards Indy. They ran out of water at end of night and didn't start serving ice creams till 9pm.

I attended the January 19 event. As mentioned above, wait times were up a bit, but still reasonable in my view. SDD was 20 minutes wait time well into the evening, I think even past 10:00 p.m. I can't handle RNR myself, but had a great time on Star Tours (twice), the now tail-less SDD, AS2, TOT, TSM (original plan to do this one over and over scrapped after crushing disappointment at how bad my score was). I knew there was an A113 reference somewhere in TSL but could not locate it.

From what I could see, people were let in very close to the 7:00 admittance time. Tons of people were using their Magic Bands; I did not due to fear that a 'regular' park day would be deducted, but I guess that's nothing to worry about. I attended the 7:40 showing of Voyage of the Little Mermaid, which I hadn't seen in years. Overall I would say it was worthwhile, especially with the excellent weather tonight. And for folks who want to do the coasters over and over, it's even better. (Although that's a bit more problematic with SDD's persistent 20-minute posted wait time.)

Just finished, on bus going back to OKW.
Loved being able to walk around the park without a million people. Was a bit disappointed in the wait times though , was hoping for lower. Set goal to ride everything twice and managed *just* with doing star tours, character meets /pics before DAH started. Didn't get in until 7:07 , they were pretty slow at getting people in (we were lined up from 6:30). Started with TOT, first wait 10mins , 2nd 6mins. Couldn't convince husband to ride RNR straight away which would have been much better ..went to TSM , posted 5, first wait 14mins. Did SDD , 20 mins wait. Back to TSM, 13min wait. Back to RNR , 10min wait, straight back on, 7 min wait. Hoofed it back to SDD and managed 2nd ride, wait 10mins. Grabbed 2 ice cream bars on the way but didn't stop walking.
Pleased I got all I wanted done, though ! HS has some great rides, SDD is WAY better at night, was pretty underwhelmed riding it during the day but really enjoyed at night. And TOT is such a fun ride (from Australia and last time here was 2013 so definitely not old for us !
Got ice creams at cart near TOT, also 1 near brown Derby and at opp side going towards Indy. They ran out of water at end of night and didn't start serving ice creams till 9pm.
Very weird about them not serving ice cream until 9. Otherwise sounds like a decent night.

Very weird about them not serving ice cream until 9. Otherwise sounds like a decent night.

It was a nice night. IMO $125 for 8 rides is quite a lot, though. Mind you, Disney as a whole is so expensive, maybe its about right.. still glad we went. We have MK on thurs, will be interesting to compare.

It was a nice night. IMO $125 for 8 rides is quite a lot, though. Mind you, Disney as a whole is so expensive, maybe its about right.. still glad we went. We have MK on thurs, will be interesting to compare.
Well we go 2/2 so I guess we will see what we think

I was the there the 19th. Arrived a little after 7 and left right at 11:30. Rode ToT (personal favorite) 5 times, Slinky Dog 3 times, TSM and Saucers 2 times each, and RNR once. 13 rides. 1 popcorn, one ice cream sandwich, and 2 waters.

Totally worth it to me, but I’m a teacher and I can only usually go when it is hot or crowded or both, so this was a treat. Weather was great. I think the crowds may have been up a little from what people reported other nights because of the holiday weekend, but don’t know for sure having not attended before.

I took the bus back to CB, but went to it right at 11:30 so don’t know how much longer they ran after that. There were probably less than 10 of us on board. Thought he’d wait a bit to see if more people came, but we left very soon after I got on so was back at resort quickly. A night to remember for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter